Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Ilikemusic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 May 2018, 2:14 am

I hate myself sometimes. Im
so immature for my age. I still stim and I cant ever have a proper conversation. Im 18-19 and I want to move out but I am incapable at the moment. I feel like such an Idiot. I want to try to be normal. I feel like a burden.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2018, 4:31 am

You described me at that age.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2018, 7:51 am

I think I was in my late 20's before I started to adult ( badly )

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2018, 8:50 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
You described me at that age.

Same

Your development is totally different from the normal ppl you see. You can’t compare your timeline to theirs.

I am perpetually 12-15 I think. Even though I am in late 20s.

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2018, 9:11 am

Ilikemusic wrote:
so immature for my age. I still stim and I cant ever have a proper conversation. Im 18-19 and I want to move out but I am incapable at the moment. I feel like such an Idiot. I want to try to be normal. I feel like a burden.

You already have some awareness of yourself, this is a good start. Most of our habits can be changed over time just by becoming more aware of ourselves.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2018, 10:00 pm

domineekee wrote:
Ilikemusic wrote:

You already have some awareness of yourself, this is a good start. Most of our habits can be changed over time just by becoming more aware of ourselves.

This is an excellent point! Seriously.

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2018, 10:01 am

SaveFerris wrote:
I think I was in my late 20's before I started to adult ( badly )

Same here.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2018, 1:35 pm

Act like an adult? What's that?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2018, 2:24 pm

I want to be a normal Wolfman----but that'll never happen :cry:

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2018, 5:22 pm

"normal" is not always a good thing

You can't measure maturity

You might be more mature than you realize

Your peers might be less mature than you.perceive

Maturity is not always a good thing

Wabuu
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 May 2018, 1:55 am

I'd rather be dead than a "normal" adult.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2018, 2:48 am

Wabuu wrote:
I'd rather be dead than a "normal" adult.

Indeed, normal is overrated.

SteveSnow
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 May 2018, 2:36 pm

Mandatory "normal" quips aside, I'm in my mid-30's and I still feel like I'm not as developed as most people my age. I still do activities that are normal for people half my age, I don't have a lot in common with people my age except experiences from being born in the time I was.

Focus on aspects of your life that you would like to improve and leave the rest for later. We'll never be considered normal but we can at least be at peace with our lives and making it the best one we can.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2018, 9:23 am

I am 53, yet I don't have very many of the typical things a person my age has. I have improved quite a lot over the past five years, but am still no closer to ever being the kind of person anyone might be interested in romantically. My interests are very unusual. I know of nobody else, apart from my tennis instructor, who knows anything about famous tennis players. My chances of ever finding a nice man who would love and accept me for who I am are growing slimmer by the day. I just don't feel I will ever catch up with others. A lonely old age awaits me. I will probably (if lucky) die with only cats for company. I generally love my life, but I don't want to think of a future of loneliness.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2018, 3:29 pm

what is so great about having a "proper conversation"? granted, sometimes, it is functionally necessary to have a proper conversation.

maybe however, almost everyone talks, way too much, way too often. about things that do not even matter to anyone, except the speaker. what does "how are you doing?" mean? the only socially acceptable answer is "good". but there are five emotions and "happy" is just one of them. it reminds me of "don't ask, don't tell". and "ask me no questions and i'll tell you no lies". what does "it's nice to see you" mean? it's just talking for the sake of talking.

"normal adult"? what is "normal"? what is so great about being "normal"? granted, in some ways, it is better to be "normal" than to be the way that i (short fat bald ugly man) am. for example, it is better, all things being equal, to have a job and precious lil "friends". than not to have them. however, being "normal" is not inherently necessarily a positive thing.

for example, the solar system contains more defendants convicted of rape, than Nobel Prize winners in Literature. the activity with more participants is not always more morally justified.

being "normal" makes it easier to get social acceptance. (fine). i get that. as a trans, autistic, person with six (out of ten) diagnosed personality disorders, i get it. (fine). granted.

but maybe social acceptance is overvalued by society.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2018, 6:00 pm

I don't know you, but your posts elicit an emotional response from me. Others complain and are irritating as f**k, but you voice your complaints here & it makes me wish I could just give you a *hug*. I'd send a PM with some kind words, but that'd surely get me accused of being inappropriate due to being an openly gay man :roll: so I'll just post this reply in your thread.