Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2017, 5:03 am

I mean at this point wouldn't it just be easier for them to call me and say 'your employment has been terminated? Or is that too much of an effort to tell an employee when they don't want you anymore. I'm just going to to find a new job and call up to tell them not to bother keeping me on the registry or whatever...why the f**k would I want to keep working for a place that thinks a month with no shifts thus no pay is an ok thing to do?

I want to call them and just give a little peice of my mind, but I'm too nervous...I am sure I can find something else, but I still am worried about confronting this situation like I should by calling and snarkily asking if I am going to be getting anymore shifts or not. I'd be polite but a whole freaking month....I shouldn't be...grrr. I will try to get my courage up tomorrow to call them, but I might chicken out...I just want to express that it was sh***y of them, maybe not in those exact words but yeah.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2017, 6:13 am

But should I call them. I am really bad with phonecalls, its better than when I was a kid but I certainly still have issues with it. And part of me wishes they could have seen all the stuff I said when I first got the job on here, I was all excited about it and such....but whatever I am sure they can find someone better who hates the job.

I'll just find something better.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2017, 6:20 am

I hate to dwell on this, but I want to go eat there, and glare at the management team. I probably won't but I just wonder how they'd even react to that.

AngryAngryAngry
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Nov 2017, 9:53 am

They might be doing it on purpose.

I'd just move on, get a new job.
Better yet start your own business.

Tawaki
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2017, 11:45 am

Usually no shifts means something went down.

Can you thing of reason why you're on the outs? Someone's relative or SO get hired and now there are too many employees?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

08 Nov 2017, 8:46 pm

Perhaps they're not getting a lot of business & it's cheaper to have the cooks or servers wash the dishes instead of having dedicated dishwashers. They still should of just fired you thou instead of scheduling you for no shifts. That's the right thing to do & I don't blame you for being very understandably upset.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2017, 10:03 pm

nick007 wrote:
Perhaps they're not getting a lot of business & it's cheaper to have the cooks or servers wash the dishes instead of having dedicated dishwashers. They still should of just fired you thou instead of scheduling you for no shifts. That's the right thing to do & I don't blame you for being very understandably upset.

Yeah it's kind of their job to tell an employee wether they are to remain employed or not. Not just give no shifts yet keep you 'technically' employed...seems kind of fishy to me. But, yeah even if they were to give me a shift at this point I have no desire to work there anymore.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2017, 10:06 pm

They don't want to officially "fire" you because, if you're eligible for Unemployment, some of your benefits would come out of their pocket.

I'm glad you're in the Ticket to Work program.

I'm sorry about what's happening at this job. It sucks.

I would try to get a new job.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2017, 10:10 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
They don't want to officially "fire" you because, if you're eligible for Unemployment, some of your benefits would come out of their pocket.

Yeah I got an automated phone call from the Ticket to Work program that gave me a number to call to get in touch with a representative or whatever. So I will try and call them tomorrow, I finished with voc rehab...but there are still other services from the Ticket to work program to help maintain employment while still getting some SSI benefits. But yeah I can call them and explain what is going on and get help finding something else. I have reached the point I can work...but I struggle a lot with other aspects like calling my job and asking for an explanation, wasn't able to bring myself to.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2017, 3:37 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

I just thought that if they know she's disabled, they could be doing this because they're afraid to fire someone with disabilities. My 2nd job kind of forced me to quit(kept making things extremely difficult for me & put me in a no win situation) because they were getting rid of our department(we didn't know it at the time thou we kind of saw it coming cuz we had a contract crew helping us) & I would of had problems working in a different one due to my disabilities.

I don't know anything about Ticket To Work except voc rehab accepts it . Voc told me that they were the only place in my area that accepts it. You might be able to work with Voc Rehab again SweetLeaf. I went back to them after I left my 2nd job & again after I lost my 3rd. They didn't do sh!t to help me thou but programs like that may be better in your area than mine(they didn't really help me get my 1st job either).

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2017, 9:49 am

The good thing about "Ticket to Work" is that you keep your SSI benefits while attempting to maintain employment.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 7:34 pm

Put these cowards on the hot seat by confronting them.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 4:08 am

HistoryGal wrote:
Put these cowards on the hot seat by confronting them.
Then she might get officially fired. At least this way when she's applying for other jobs she can say she's still technically employed there but add that they haven't been scheduling her which is why she's looking for another job. & she could also add that she really wants to work & maybe mention wanting job security.

adoylelb90815
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Nov 2017, 12:06 am

That sounds like what happened with my last job, I wasn't getting shifts, and because I was afraid that if I didn't call or go in to check the schedule and miss a shift, I'd be fired, I called when I knew the schedules were out. Eventually, they told me to quit calling after a couple of months, so it was their way of saying I was no longer an employee. I really wish employers would just be upfront with us aspies instead of just not scheduling us, by telling us they had to let us go. After a month of not being scheduled, I had already begun my job search.

In the end, it took me about 3 years to find another job, and I feel secure in this because I made it past the 2 week training/probationary period they have for new hires, and I have my uniforms. If they weren't interested in me, they would have sent me home during the 2 week period.

Canary
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2017, 9:11 pm

Harsh. If you move on, I'd suggest trying not to burn your bridges just in case you want them for references down the road.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2017, 12:23 pm

I went through this with my first job. Towards the end I was lucky to get on the clock for one hour a week if at all. I hated having to call every day to see if I was going to work that day. It made it difficult to schedule appointments and make plans. I never had regular hours at that job. I finally left when they wouldn't work with my school schedule anymore. I'm glad to have moved on from that job because my boss and most of my co workers were emotionally abusive people. I have ptsd from that job.

Just move on from that job and find another job. Those people will never give you a straight answer about your employment there.