Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

hvtitan08
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jan 2013, 5:11 pm

I used to work at Goodwill Industries of the Valleys in the Work Adjustment Training job training program in 2009 while working with the Commonwealth of Virginia's Department of Rehabilitative Services - which is now called the Department for Aging and Rehabilitative Services (or DARS). I had sexual feelings for my job coach, since my job coach was a female, and I'm trying to debate going back to Goodwill. I would like some feedback, as well as positive advice whether or not I should risk going back there. I don't get along well with my female cousins in my pa's family. It'll be four years since I've quit working at Goodwill in June on the 19th.
If I do go back to working at Goodwill, what are some tips I should keep in mind while I'm working around women? Since it'll be four years in June, I highly doubt that the job coach that was there at the time is still there. If she is, should I risk going back to Goodwill? Or, should I take the college education route?

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2013, 6:19 pm

having sexual feelings for a co-worker can't get you into trouble if you don't act on the feelings. i'd say it's a non-issue as long as you handle it professionally.

all the same, if you have reason to believe you'd do well in college and in the job college would prepare you for, i recommend college.