I find your lack of ambition disturbing.

Page 2 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2017, 10:29 pm

I f*****g hate living in an apartment, and I'd love to own my own home some day, but I'm not sure how I'd do it. I don't desire anything extravagant either, just a small place in a quiet area. Hell, a trailer on a small plot of land on the outskirts of town would be just fine by me.

Hexen
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Jan 2017, 10:33 pm

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
I f*****g hate living in an apartment, and I'd love to own my own home some day, but I'm not sure how I'd do it. I don't desire anything extravagant either, just a small place in a quiet area. Hell, a trailer on a small plot of land on the outskirts of town would be just fine by me.

Look into medical technology. It's good pay and much easier to get into than medical school.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2017, 8:05 am

I don't want to buy a house. One day I want to buy my apartment. I love living in an apartment. I'm on the top floor. I love eating dinner on the balcony and admiring the view.

Hexen
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Jan 2017, 8:48 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
I don't want to buy a house. One day I want to buy my apartment. I love living in an apartment. I'm on the top floor. I love eating dinner on the balcony and admiring the view.

You can do that with a house, if you have an upper-deck. There are plenty of houses like that in Va, Tn and Ga, amoung other states. Also the decks are much longer than an apartment balcony.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2017, 8:59 am

Hexen wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

You can do that with a house, if you have an upper-deck. There are plenty of houses like that in Va, Tn and Ga, amoung other states. Also the decks are much longer than an apartment balcony.

I won't be as high up. Houses don't have as many levels as apartment buildings.

Hexen
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Jan 2017, 9:12 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Hexen wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

How high up do you want to be? Do you want to live at the top of Trump tower, or some place similar?

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2017, 9:24 am

Hexen wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Hexen wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

How high up do you want to be? Do you want to live at the top of Trump tower, or some place similar?

One day I'd like to live somewhere like that. But for now I'll have to make do down here on the 5th floor.

Hexen
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Jan 2017, 9:41 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Hexen wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Hexen wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

One day I'd like to live somewhere like that. But for now I'll have to make do down here on the 5th floor.

Then you are going to have to make more money than me. Places like that are too much money, as much as I like Trump it's true.

Nick9075
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Jan 2017, 11:52 am

Hexen wrote:
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:

Look into medical technology. It's good pay and much easier to get into than medical school.

I will be 42 in june. too late to change careers and stuck in this perma temp hell.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2017, 2:57 pm

You still haven't explain why "ambition" is so good.

Hexen
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Jan 2017, 2:59 pm

Sabreclaw wrote:

Ambition makes you strive to attain goals, to better yourself, to live a higher standard of life. By your logic, why not live in a cardboard box and beg for food?

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2017, 3:02 pm

Hexen wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:

Ambition makes you strive to attain goals, to better yourself, to live a higher standard of life. By your logic, why not live in a cardboard box and beg for food?

My logic? I stated what my goals are earlier in the thread.

Hexen
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Jan 2017, 3:14 pm

Sabreclaw wrote:
Hexen wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:

Your logic, as in implying that ambition is bad.

arielhawksquill
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 6:15 pm

Hexen wrote:
That depends. Mortgaging a house is ACTUALLY cheaper than renting in many North Eastern states. I live in a state where the average rent for a 500 square foot apartment is over $1,000, not counting utilities; yet if I move to another state that has cheaper housing, I can mortgage a house for about $600 and have six times the living space. If I want a house that is three times the living space, the price drops to about $300 a month for a mortgage. Gee, why have a house? Housing is affordable, if you save and you have a decent career as is 50K plus a year. There is also no reason to take out a loan, if you can save up yourself. If you make let's say $50,000 a year and a down payment for a decent house is about $30,000(for a BIG house 3,000 square foot plus); you make about $4,166 a month. Even if you just save a grand a month, it'll only take a little over two years to save for that down payment. People in the North East spend more on renting than they could an actual house, that doesn't make logical sense except most are unable to move. This is not, or will not be the case with me.

Buying real estate might be your Aspie special interest. You can't expect everybody to share it.

Hexen
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Jan 2017, 7:02 pm

arielhawksquill wrote:
Hexen wrote:
That depends. Mortgaging a house is ACTUALLY cheaper than renting in many North Eastern states. I live in a state where the average rent for a 500 square foot apartment is over $1,000, not counting utilities; yet if I move to another state that has cheaper housing, I can mortgage a house for about $600 and have six times the living space. If I want a house that is three times the living space, the price drops to about $300 a month for a mortgage. Gee, why have a house? Housing is affordable, if you save and you have a decent career as is 50K plus a year. There is also no reason to take out a loan, if you can save up yourself. If you make let's say $50,000 a year and a down payment for a decent house is about $30,000(for a BIG house 3,000 square foot plus); you make about $4,166 a month. Even if you just save a grand a month, it'll only take a little over two years to save for that down payment. People in the North East spend more on renting than they could an actual house, that doesn't make logical sense except most are unable to move. This is not, or will not be the case with me.

Buying real estate might be your Aspie special interest. You can't expect everybody to share it.

It isn't an "aspie special interest", lot of people aspire to own a house; even if there are less people now then before. I sense a lot of bitterness, not just from you but from others. As if I am vilified for speaking about my ambitions and even more vilified by explaining how to obtain my goals. Furthermore, I explained to you how owning a house today is possible and you respond with calling my desire an "aspie special interest", which tells me I may have made you mad in some way by pointing out how to go about ownign a home.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 9:56 pm

Hexen wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:
Hexen wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:

Your logic, as in implying that ambition is bad.

Asking what's good about it isn't implying it's bad. You haven't explained your position beyond telling everyone who questions your vague OP that their opinion is sad, or claiming they're bitter.