Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2018, 6:50 am

Even with strict privacy settings, employers can still see your profile pic and your wall. Employers look. Do you want them to see you as a partier? Think about what they see.

Of course a relative of mine broke all these rules and than some and always gets new job...that's only because she married a lawyer. That's her leverage. Most of us however don't carry that kind of clout. She just doesn't hold jobs due to her party girl work ethic.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

17 May 2018, 7:43 am

Employers may sometimes think that partiers are people with good social skills. But your rite about employers checking those profiles so people should be careful about the image they give off. I don't even use FB or any social media so I don't have to worry about that.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

alpacka
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 May 2018, 8:31 am

HistoryGal wrote:
Even with strict privacy settings, employers can still see your profile pic and your wall. Employers look. Do you want them to see you as a partier? Think about what they see.

Of course a relative of mine broke all these rules and than some and always gets new job...that's only because she married a lawyer. That's her leverage. Most of us however don't carry that kind of clout. She just doesn't hold jobs due to her party girl work ethic.

I´m not on FB at all, it´s just hell hole especially when it comes to work. I would suggest all people just left it all.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2018, 8:49 am

Mine is nothing but weather, food and freeways and cats.

DinoMongoosePenguin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 May 2018, 4:16 pm

I try and leave the security settings up as high as possible. Still, if they could get through to my page in spite of it, then they'd find that I whine about all sorts of political ills which may well tick them off. Of course, I figure anyone that would go that far as to sneak through a FB backdoor to spy upon me would likely be a controlling employer and not one I'd want to work for anyway, so I don't mind too much.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2018, 8:39 pm

Your relative is going to run of bridges to burn eventually.

My Facebook page is full of cat pictures. I mostly just talk to my best friends on Facebook every so often and follow some of my favorite TV shows.

Janeiya
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 May 2018, 10:00 am

The only thing they would get from my Facebook page is that I really like dogs and happen to have a birthday every year (yeah no kidding :') )
Not that I think my boss would have checked that, co - workers might have though.. I think my boss pretty much hires whomever is suggested by his staff. (It's pretty much only the four of us so they get a pretty big say in who will be their future co worker)

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2018, 10:18 am

Then again, maybe employers will work out that I'm an anti-social weirdo because I don't have a Facebook thingie. 8O