Just spotted a tiny mistake in my application...

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Jonny
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Dec 2005, 10:02 am

I applied for a job just over a week ago and the process is carried out online on their website. It allows you to save your application forms for reference. I just checked my account for any feedback and stuff and decided to reread my application. I noticed the smallest mistake, i put down wrong date for my employment history, it says i worked for 2 years when i actually worked for 1. Although underneath it asks 'reason for leaving' and i said it was a fixed one year contract, so it obviously appears to be a mistake and they wont think im lying. But what i am worried about is that fact that i did make a mistake and how this looks to them. I mean i did check over the form several times before i submitted it but even this escaped me at the time :cry:

Are they automatically going to fob me off because this form should have been flawless ?

My personal statement for quite extensive and looks pretty good to me with no mistakes.

Its just got me worried now, cos i was countin on getting an interview. They havent responded, i thought its because it is the Christmas period. The deadline was just over a week ago. How long do these things normally take ?

Larval
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2005, 11:04 am

I wouldn't worry about this too much. Though it depends on the type of job, as long as it is clear that it's a mistake and not an error I think you should be ok.

Usually such applications take several weeks to process, past the end of the deadline. So I wouldn't worry too much about this yet.

Jonny
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Dec 2005, 9:45 am

Hehe was contacted today and they are giving me an inteview ! !

Dont know whether im pleased or scared 8O