Have You Ever Done Anything Illegal Or Stupid As Teen?

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 4:50 am

Have you ever done anything illegal or stupid when you were a teenager?(like illegal border crossing not to work there but just for tourism :mrgreen: )?

I'm Especially want knew opinion of Parents both NT's and Aspie on, i'm not parents but want know a parental opinion on that matter here you have some info for discussion :D

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/inde ... 648AA9vjAI

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 11:46 am

I was never allowed to "be" a teenager.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 11:57 am

Well, a couple of times I copied a VCR tape I rented which was very illegal. :oops:

elsapelsa
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 1:09 pm

Tons. The most stupid was probably to dare someone to swim across the strait between Kowloon and wanchai with me. :|

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 1:20 pm

i once left turkey without any real evidence that i had entered.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 12:22 am

The miracle is: they let you leave.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 12:26 am

after spending LONG hours there trying and failing to fall asleep on hard benches, i was glad to!

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2018, 10:22 am

Nothing illegal. Nothing stupid as far as risk taking. And unlike Kip I never did anything with a turkey.

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2018, 11:01 am

No. I was possibly the most straight-laced teenager who ever lived. Never experimented with any substance, only skipped school once (on senior skip day, with my parents' permission), had the same boyfriend for years but didn't sleep with him, got straight A's, etc. etc. I believed that following all the rules would lead to happiness and success. It worked for a little while, until all those "other" unspoken rules that I could never grasp caught up to me.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2018, 11:18 am

Prolly the most stupid thing I did (and illegal, actually) was when I stole candy from the corner store, cuz everybody else was doin' it. It was doubly stupid, really, cuz I'm not even that crazy about candy----only chocolate, really.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2018, 12:34 pm

Stupid, sure---they kind of stupidity you get from being really isolated and learning nothing of the outside world, while your peers mature. Of course, my parents never acknowledged that maturity, so it could hardly matter that I missed out on it.

Illegal, probably not.

YippySkippy wrote:
No. I was possibly the most straight-laced teenager who ever lived. Never experimented with any substance, only skipped school once (on senior skip day, with my parents' permission), had the same boyfriend for years but didn't sleep with him, got straight A's, etc. etc.

In my book, having a boyfriend already counted as not being "straight-laced" by any means. That was stuff for grown-ups, and you were supposed to be patient about earning such privileges. I actually feared getting too close to peers known to have partners, in case my parents regarded them as setting a bad example for me and restricted even further my chances to break out of my isolation. In fact, I had no clue that sex was supposed to be any more forbidden than romantic relationships---both were equally unthinkable and that's all there was to say about them.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2018, 1:50 pm

Quote:
In my book, having a boyfriend already counted as not being "straight-laced" by any means. That was stuff for grown-ups, and you were supposed to be patient about earning such privileges. I actually feared getting too close to peers known to have partners, in case my parents regarded them as setting a bad example for me and restricted even further my chances to break out of my isolation. In fact, I had no clue that sex was supposed to be any more forbidden than romantic relationships---both were equally unthinkable and that's all there was to say about them.

Where I grew up, people married young. Having a long-term boyfriend in high school was a thing you were supposed to do, another box to check on the list of Successful Young Person attributes. And my parents approved of him, because he was in college. He was actually a pedophile, but that's another story.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2018, 6:46 pm

I remember saying stuff to other people in front of my parents that were really inappropriate or humiliating for them, but I didn't even know until my mom lectured me for a good while afterwards and said kids might say things like that but at my age I should know.

My lack of understanding social norms and being quite naive even as a teen was very likely due to my being aspie, which of course no one knew about at the time. I still feel bad for all the cringe-inducing things I said or did around my parents, though. :(

ScarletIbis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Mar 2018, 6:54 pm

I accidentally did something illegal before. I prefer not to discuss it because I already have enough guilt over it even though it was 5 months ago

Feel free to message me if you want

Please understand that everything I write should be read with a grain of salt because I frequently adjust my views based on new information (just read a description of INTP that should explain better than I)

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2018, 6:04 pm

When I was aged 13-17 I got really obsessed with this couple that lived near my cousin. The infatuation took over my mind and my life. I made a pest out of myself by following them around and I even prank-called them once. I wasn't intending on any harm, I was just utterly obsessed and wanted to find out everything I could about them. But to them I looked creepy, and they went to the police. A policeman came one time to my house while I was at school, but when my mum told him I had Asperger's and had plenty of proof that I was doing no harm, plus the fact that I was under 18, he didn't take it any further. The proof we had of me being harmless was the pictures and stories that I had done which didn't indicate anger or violence or murder, instead they were about love and friendship. The policeman agreed that I was doing no harm and that it's something I would grow out of, which I did. Although I was obsessed with them for 4 years, I only did the "bad" stuff when I was 14, then ever since the policeman came I had learnt my lesson and my parents chastised me about it, so I was still obsessed with them but safely kept my distance.

Thank God that didn't esculate into anything more, because it could have done.