My dad made me jaywalk across busy oilfield road.

Page 1 of 6 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 7:50 am

Hello all, I went hunting with my dad and I told him I needed to go to the bathroom and he proceeded to cuss me out or at least use call me a bad name and be mean to me because I wanted him to drop off at the actual gas station parking lot so I would not have to jaywalk across a busy oilfield road with a bunch of traffic.I went to the gas station and exited and saw that he drove across the way to make jaywalk to teach me a lesson and to push me.

I tried calling him because I saw him and the truck but he proceeded to ignore me and I thought he was going to leave me stranded at the gas station if I did not conform to his wishes so I submitted and I had to run as fast as I could across the busy highway or farm to market road in town all because my dad thinks traffic laws are stupid i remember expecting to get struck and killed by a big rig at anypoint on the highway I was jaywalking on.I was livid when i got in the car because in his words he you did it in kind of to teach me to be a man and to push me and then he victim blamed me and I had a crisis over the trauma of the possible-near death experience for such a petty reason.

We were arguing and he said we were getting into lots of them so he asked basically if I want to be sent away forever.I have no income and no way to pay for anything so i am having to depend on them possibly for the rest of my life or their life.I have finally came to the realization that my mom dad may be a clinical psychopath.I am basically their bondservant who is subject to their every whim and i have no freedom to make any choices of my own or to make any of my own decisions.I think my dad means wells .....I just dont think he understands me or my Aspergers neither does mom.

I know many of you think I should just leave but its nowhere near that easy for me because I have no money and nobody in the world or in my life who would support me if turned against my parents.I would be homeless and dead within 6 months.They treat the dog and cat better than me in my opinion.And then they all turn it around and gaslight and make me feel guilty for being disrepectful and even arguing and my mom calls me a monster.I am not allowed to make any decisions on my own despite being 31.

i would move out if i had money.I thought I was going to die yesterday possibly and i felt like i was having to run away from a life-threatening situation.My dad constantly trolls me all the time to get me to yell at him and be rude at him to show his affection and i think he may be a sick individual.I am tired of his reign of terror in my life.I am told if I am disrespectful I am doomed to the fires of Hell for all eternity.At least he would of gotten in huge amount of trouble if i would of been put into the hospital or grave yesterday even though i may not be around to see it if that situation happened.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 8:04 am

My dad gaslit me by saying he was was not aware of anyone getting in trouble for jaywalking in modern era and I have had family ran over in jay walking incidents.My dad and his dad and dad's dad were all prolly on the spectrum somewhere so i try to give him the benefit of the doubt with his pranks.He said he did it because his dad would do it.We think a lot or most of the men in our family could be on the spectrum.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 8:14 am

Perhaps he wanted to kill you? I wouldn't put it past him, he seems is a dick.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 8:21 am

Your are a big boy now. You've got to learn how to cross the road. We don't have 'jaywalking' laws in UK.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 9:46 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
My dad and his dad and dad's dad were all prolly on the spectrum somewhere so i try to give him the benefit of the doubt with his pranks.

Same, although I think that's why I've never seen my dad engage in pranks.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 10:24 am

Your dad sounds like a real idiot.....

Saying this, I wouldn't get all bent out of shape about jaywalking. At least you made it to the other side!

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 12:37 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Saying this, I wouldn't get all bent out of shape about jaywalking. At least you made it to the other side!

With this incident, it's hard to guage how serious it was. Here in the UK jaywalking is perfectly legal and everybody is taught how to jaywalk in school.

His mention of a freeway makes me feel his dad is a jackass but I don't know exactly what he means by freeway. It might be a main road that's easy to cross or could be a busy motorway with hundreds of cars passing every few minutes.

Judging by his father's typical behaviour, he might have been doing it just to cause serious injury for entertainment purposes.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 4:22 pm

Your relationship with your parents sounds toxic. Your dad might be on the spectrum without knowing it, which could be why he gets so locked into his own thinking, and also why he has somewhat contorted versions of social ideas, but it is impossible to know. He clearly does not understand you or how your ASD affects you.

There could be options for you to live separate from them and baby steps to help you get there, but the reality that I've seen in past conversations is that you really have no interest in those options because that could mean walking away from an inheritance and community that both seem to be extremely important to you.

I continue to urge you to look at your assumptions and reconsider if some of the things you hold onto so tightly are really worth it. Until you are willing to take risk with respect to some of those things, nothing will change for you.

It sounds like your parents know the inheritance and community are important to you and have leveraged them to keep control over you. Nothing I write here can break past that barrier until you emotionally let go of your need to hold on so tightly.

To our international members: Jaywalking is legal in some places, illegal in others. It gets enforced in the places it is the most dangerous and most likely to cause harm and/or interfere with traffic. Our roads are much wider than those in the UK, and roads in Texas even wider.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 5:27 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
Your relationship with your parents sounds toxic. Your dad might be on the spectrum without knowing it, which could be why he gets so locked into his own thinking, and also why he has somewhat contorted versions of social ideas, but it is impossible to know. He clearly does not understand you or how your ASD affects you.

There could be options for you to live separate from them and baby steps to help you get there, but the reality that I've seen in past conversations is that you really have no interest in those options because that could mean walking away from an inheritance and community that both seem to be extremely important to you.

I continue to urge you to look at your assumptions and reconsider if some of the things you hold onto so tightly are really worth it. Until you are willing to take risk with respect to some of those things, nothing will change for you.

It sounds like your parents know the inheritance and community are important to you and have leveraged them to keep control over you. Nothing I write here can break past that barrier until you emotionally let go of your need to hold on so tightly.

To our international members: Jaywalking is legal in some places, illegal in others. It gets enforced in the places it is the most dangerous and most likely to cause harm and/or interfere with traffic. Our roads are much wider than those in the UK, and roads in Texas even wider.

I think he needs to forget about baby steps and inheritance unfortunately. His mother and father are toxic and nothing can be done to ever change their repulsive attitudes towards OP and people like him. His mother and father will always harbour deeply entrenched hatered for people with ASD which will never be reasoned out of them.

He either needs to leave them (by far the best option) or physically re-educate them multiple times until they no longer pose a threat to him.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 5:47 pm

Jaywalking is illegal in Texas and also so many 18 wheelers are on that highway all the time and people go 80 to 90 miles an hour on up outside the city limits just a short ways from where this happened.It was a very wide 2-lane highway.Some even go 100 miles an hour on that road.

Last edited by Texasmoneyman300 on 17 Dec 2021, 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 5:48 pm

theprisoner wrote:
Your are a big boy now. You've got to learn how to cross the road. We don't have 'jaywalking' laws in UK.

Jaywalking is a crime in Texas.It was a busy highway.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 5:53 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

there's lots of high-speed oilfield traffic on the road so I very easily could of been 6 feet under by now.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 6:18 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Jaywalking is illegal in Texas and also so many 18 wheelers are on that highway all the time and people go 80 to 90 miles an hour on up outside the city limits just a short ways from where this happened.It was a very wide 2-lane highway.Some even go 100 miles an hour on that road.

Amateurs. I done 130mph in a BMW 3 series. Like hell would you have survived if I bumped you with that.

In all seriousness though. Your dads a dick.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 9:52 pm

Nades wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

With this incident, it's hard to guage how serious it was. Here in the UK jaywalking is perfectly legal and everybody is taught how to jaywalk in school.

His mention of a freeway makes me feel his dad is a jackass but I don't know exactly what he means by freeway. It might be a main road that's easy to cross or could be a busy motorway with hundreds of cars passing every few minutes.

Judging by his father's typical behaviour, he might have been doing it just to cause serious injury for entertainment purposes.

A freeway is more like the latter, and some areas of the freeways have a lot of big trucks on the road. But yeah, it is extremely dangerous to cross one on foot.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 9:56 pm

Nades wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

Amateurs. I done 130mph in a BMW 3 series. Like hell would you have survived if I bumped you with that.

In all seriousness though. Your dads a dick.

I've gone that quick in my Civic but it causes the brake fluid to boil when I slow down to 30 mph for the corner. :lol:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 9:58 pm

If he thinks it's so funny, do it to him the next time he gets out of the car.

Unfortunately this is why many people need to estrange themselves from their parents and endure a life of hardship.