Page 87 of 276 [ 4403 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 276  Next

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2015, 2:13 am

being torn to shreds in terraria's expert-mode jungle. :skull:

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2015, 4:20 pm

Started a new game on Skyrim on master last night, already level 20 by stealing everything in Riverwood and Whiterun and getting my pick pocket to 100. Had to pay more than a few bounties but I was level 18 when I did bleak falls barrow :D

Thats the highest level I have been before even doing anything significant in the game.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2015, 11:11 am

Inspired by the Call of Duty thread, I found my disc and tried installing it (the very first game) and played it for an hour or so the other day. Like the rest of the series, it's very linear, but not bad. Would be interesting if it had a coop mode.

It also seems a lot less dated than the MoH games I've tried to play...I have a hard time getting into any of those.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2015, 3:16 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
being torn to shreds in terraria's expert-mode jungle. :skull:

just got the royal jelly. those spiked slimes should be leaving me alone now, nasty buggers are my biggest source of headache there.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2015, 9:53 pm

Still playing The Witcher 3, I love the feeling of being a powerful Motherf***er :twisted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEOMTQO2o5E

ZD
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2015, 10:46 am

Been playing Kings Quest on the PSN monthly games.

So far bit too simple but only in the first parts and I can't remember how difficult the old game are now :S

I am loving the graphics and narration though.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2015, 10:48 am

I'm going to play Final Fantasy VII soon [once I stop playing Final Fantasy Curtain Call...]

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

ZD
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2015, 10:58 am

Kuraudo777 wrote:
I'm going to play Final Fantasy VII soon [once I stop playing Final Fantasy Curtain Call...]

The original on PS1/PC :) or one of the re-releases.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2015, 11:04 am

^The PSP port [which is actually why I bought my PSP in the first place]. Maybe this time I can actually get through the Great Northern Crater. :ninja:

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2015, 11:40 am

Hey Kuraudo777, I don't know where to post this but I want to start getting into Final Fantasy more, I have guide that recommends which versions to go with for each game. Do you agree with this list? It originated from 4chan truth be told, also which game should I start with? I have played Final Fantasy 1 on the PSP and thats about it.

Anyway here is the list,

FF1 - PS1
FF2 - PSP
FF3 - PSP
FF4 - PS1
FF5 - GBA
FF6 - GBA
FF7 - PC
FF8 - PS1
FF9 - PS1

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2015, 11:45 am

All of the Final Fantasy PSP ports are quite good, although VII still suffers from translation issues. However, I've heard that the PC port of VII has loads of glitches and game breaking bugs, so... :|

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2015, 11:58 am

Kuraudo777 wrote:
All of the Final Fantasy PSP ports are quite good, although VII still suffers from translation issues. However, I've heard that the PC port of VII has loads of glitches and game breaking bugs, so... :|

Ah ok, well the text file that originated from 4chan listed reasons for their pick and VII on was recommended on PC because apparently it has mods but I can see how bugs can destroy it. I'm going to upload the whole file if your curious what it says, I removed the whole hacks and patches section as I don't know if all the links in the file were legal. As the file has strong language as a warning.

http://pastebin.com/WDutk4vT

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2015, 6:49 pm

dcj123 wrote:
...I want to start getting into Final Fantasy more, I have guide that recommends which versions to go with for each game. Do you agree with this list?

It mostly depends on what kind of graphics you like, how you want to play the games, and what console is most convenient for you.

I and II, PSX version has the best graphics and probably sound. PSP versions redid all the graphics in "high def", and I don't really care for the look, but maybe you don't mind. GBA version has slightly lower quality music, and the color palette was brightened a little, but I think this version of FF2 is supposed to have the most bonus content after you beat the game. Big negative, though, is that GBA FF1 only lets you play in Easy mode. The only patch I could find to fix it, also adds a TON of other changes, so it's nowhere near a vanilla experience.

I, II and III, personally I find the original NES/Famicom versions to have the most nostalgia, but YMMV, and PSP/GBA is a lot easier to take on the road.

I was really bummed that III got cancelled for the GBA =/ I might get around to playing the 3D version on the DS someday, but I want to beat the Famicom original first (there's two different translations for it).

IV on the Playstation?? No way. It runs on a poor SNES emulator, terrible audio, adds far too much load time, and the re-translation not very good, sneaking in cringeworthy dated pop culture references. The original US SNES release is nowhere near as bad as everyone says, and I really like that they changed it so that you have a lot less items clogging up your inventory that only cure one status effect. The GBA version has some annoying lag issues (even after fan patches) but I suffered through it because it was the only way I could play it at work. I like that the graphics have just a subtle touch-up, and of course they added bonus stuff after the game.

V and VI, toss-up for me between original SNES and fan-patched GBA. Though I don't much care for FF6, or any game after that.

I also want to add that, personally, I find the "after game bonus content" in all of the remakes to be kind of pointless. I've played through some of I and IV, and it didn't hold my attention for very long. Haven't gotten around to the bonus quest of II yet.

dcj123 wrote:
which game should I start with? I have played Final Fantasy 1 on the PSP and thats about it.

I don't think it really matters, since most of them don't connect. Most people will probably tell you that IV, VI or VII is "the best one".

Kuraudo777 wrote:
However, I've heard that the PC port of VII has loads of glitches and game breaking bugs, so... :|

The original one, or the Steam version?

If the newer one is buggy, I'd say stick with the original PSX version if you have a way to play it. Besides, I don't think you'd really need mods if you've never played the game before (but there are a few for the Playstation version).

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2015, 10:08 pm

Kuraudo777 wrote:

There is a fan translation. http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14914.0

Nocturnus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Dec 2015, 2:43 am

Tollorin wrote:
Kuraudo777 wrote:

There is a fan translation. http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14914.0

You can mod the graphics on PC.

ZD
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2015, 3:35 am

Xenoblade as soon as I finish work ! !! !