Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

dan_aspie
Raven
Raven

24 Jul 2016, 11:05 pm

My taste has also changed. I don't have a console anymore so PC games are all I play. But once I've completed a game, my interest in said game declines. Starcraft 2 and Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare are two examples. I completed them in less than a week, and that was that. This is also why I'm hesitant to buy any other games now, like Deus Ex: Mankind Divided which is coming out in August.

Warframe was good in the beginning, but then I realised I was sinking too much money into it to get ahead. Once I had loads of stuff and a load of characters, I began losing interest. I don't play Warframe now.

Games like World of Warcraft are different again. They don't have a true end, at least not until Blizzard decides to can it. The next expansion will be out in August, and though I'm not playing at the moment, I find myself tempted to play again, despite my previous dislikes about the game. It's like "if I have to play something, play WoW". At least the story is interesting.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2016, 3:37 am

dan_aspie wrote:
My taste has also changed. I don't have a console anymore so PC games are all I play. But once I've completed a game, my interest in said game declines. Starcraft 2 and Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare are two examples. I completed them in less than a week, and that was that. This is also why I'm hesitant to buy any other games now, like Deus Ex: Mankind Divided which is coming out in August.

Warframe was good in the beginning, but then I realised I was sinking too much money into it to get ahead. Once I had loads of stuff and a load of characters, I began losing interest. I don't play Warframe now.

Games like World of Warcraft are different again. They don't have a true end, at least not until Blizzard decides to can it. The next expansion will be out in August, and though I'm not playing at the moment, I find myself tempted to play again, despite my previous dislikes about the game. It's like "if I have to play something, play WoW". At least the story is interesting.

Alot of major games have gotten very short these days, or simply have very little content. The dev time ends up being put more into superficial and visual stuff rather than actual gameplay content, so the higher the budget, the shorter the game, in so many cases. As someone that haaaaates games with little or no replay value, I cant stand that. It's part of why I go for indie games these days; they cost WAY less yet instead of 20 hours, they could offer 80, or well over 100, or in some cases, over 1000. The AAA sort never go that far outside of multiplayer (which really doesnt count). Hell, Binding of Isaac alone, if I count the time I spent with the original + the time I've spent with the upgraded almost-a-sequel version (which I have on PC and Wii U), I've got to have at least 500 hours in that. And that's just that example.

I keep wishing more of the big devs would realize that they dont HAVE to utterly obsess over graphics and blasted cutscenes in order to produce something good. They wont, though. There are exceptions though, but they're pretty specific.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2016, 6:43 am

Not really except I'm not into virtual pet games. I grew up playing fighting games, Pokemon, Heroes of Might and Magic, Kirby, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Fire Emblem, Alien Hominid, The Legend of Zelda, and Tomb Raider. I still love all of those and I've also gotten into other games. Other than virtual pet they have not changed.

I played more than I listed as well growing up. I've always enjoyed a variety of video games.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

RabidFox
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Jul 2016, 12:43 pm

The_Dark_Citadel wrote:
Purple??? I have only heard of Blue, Red, White, Black, Green and Colorless (Artifact, some Eldrazi).

Sorry. I should have mentioned that I was talking about the cover art of the deck boxes. One was coloured green and the other one was coloured purple. The purple one was a set of black cards and the green one was a set of green cards.

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2016, 12:55 pm

RabidFox wrote:
Sorry. I should have mentioned that I was talking about the cover art of the deck boxes. One was coloured green and the other one was coloured purple. The purple one was a set of black cards and the green one was a set of green cards.

Oh! Yeah, purple is sometimes used to represent black because it can make the packaging look better. Same with yellow being used for white.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2016, 6:16 pm

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
Not really except I'm not into virtual pet games. I grew up playing fighting games, Pokemon, Heroes of Might and Magic, Kirby, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Fire Emblem, Alien Hominid, The Legend of Zelda, and Tomb Raider. I still love all of those and I've also gotten into other games. Other than virtual pet they have not changed.

I played more than I listed as well growing up. I've always enjoyed a variety of video games.

Actually, I still enjoy virtual pet games but have branched out into other genres.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2016, 8:17 pm

I am more open minded but I still enjoy the games I used to, it seems my library is ever expanding and there are not that many games that I find completely unplayable. I give merit where merit is due, most games have a least one aspect that I like but sometimes that is over shadowed by other problems.