Page 6 of 6 [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 10:52 am

^Did I miss something when I played Pokemon in Lavender Town??? 8O [Nice avatar, by the way!]

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2016, 4:52 pm

I thought Moonside was more trippy than creepy. :drunken: And it's kind of amusing when Ness calls up his father while a robot and his dad thinks he has a cold because his voice is so strange.

In the original Japanese version of Earthbound/Mother, after Ness brings Porky and his brother back home there are implications that Porky's father spanks him afterwards, and if you go to his room to talk to Porky he tells you his butt hurts. But in the American version it implies Pokey's dad just yelled at him, and then Pokey tells you he's not allowed to have dessert for the rest of the decade.

When I thought about this, I decided having no dessert for several years is actually really scary and even worse than a spanking! You get spanked, that's it, it's over. But being not allowed dessert that long is torture! Especially if your parents and siblings have it and eat it right in front of you. Slowly. AUUUUGGGH!! 8O
:lol:

RabidFox
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Jul 2016, 5:39 pm

In the English version of Earthbound, I always thought that the sound was his father taking a belt to him. I have the Japanese version of Earthbound too and while the sound is different, it all makes me think of the same kind of punishment.

If Nintendo is worried about child abuse in its games, why in the world did it leave in what Doctor Andonuts says to Jeff? It was something like, "Let's meet again in the next ten years."

But, yeah, I agree with you. A decade without dessert is much worse than getting a belt. :D

rcsf
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Jul 2016, 1:41 am

Kuraudo777 wrote:
^Did I miss something when I played Pokemon in Lavender Town??? 8O [Nice avatar, by the way!]

There is a myth that in the first weeks after the release of Pokémon Red, there were many reported cases of children's suicide linked to the game played in the Lavender Town, particularly related to the song in place. So, the myth it's kind 'Ghost tone', Lavender Town is believed to be where pokémons were buried if it doesn't. The tone starts in a weird frequency and preceeding the frequency gradually aggraves until it becomes almost unsupportable and then it makes harm and it created a myth that were the buried pokémons haunting, then if I remember well, after these cases the game was edited and republished. Thanks for the comment about my avatar. :)

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2016, 10:18 am

In the Harvest Moon games for the Gameboy Advance (both the boy and girl versions) you can buy golden lumber if you make a huge amount of money. Gold lumber can be used like regular lumber except it never rots away or gets destroyed. But if you put it on display in your field, the villagers will start coming to your farm and say nasty things to you, because they are jealous and think you are showing off because you're rich and they aren't. And during conversations in the town they will call you "Moneybags" or "Greedy Witch", depending on your gender, instead of your real name, even though they may look happy and normal otherwise, e.g. "Hi Greedy Witch, I'm out doing some shopping for my mom." Only your spouse doesn't call you these names. Get rid of the gold lumber and everyone will be nice to you again and call you by your regular name.

It's creepy to think a little thing like that will turn everyone in the whole village against you. Some "friends" of Mineral Town! :? But then again, I heard not long ago the surest way to make people hate you on Facebook is to post about events where you've had a lot of fun or "success stories", even if you're not bragging.