Page 189 of 190 [ 2838 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 186, 187, 188, 189, 190  Next

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2017, 11:33 am

If only that would actually work...

I have the guidebook [nearly as big as a phone book and a half!], and I never play DQIX without it. It's very useful.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2017, 7:45 pm

Finally on the fourth disc of Final Fantasy IX. My vow is almost complete.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2017, 8:18 am

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
I have the guidebook [nearly as big as a phone book and a half!]...

Geeze @[email protected]

I was like that back when EarthBound came out, I wouldn't go anywhere without checking the strategy guide first...and I always felt like it really spoiled the game for me =( Nowadays, I'll just check GameFAQs, but only if I'm really, really stuck, or if the game is annoying me and I just want to hurry up and finish it (like Metroid Prime 2).

Or maybe sometimes if I've beaten the game, and I want to go back and complete some of the 100% stuff I missed...but it's pretty rare that I will care that much.

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2017, 9:54 am

Morrowind. Also it looks like I've managed to lose my GTA 4 save file, so I'll be starting that again.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2017, 10:42 am

I really wish I could play Super Metroid and Earthbound, but I don't have one of those new 3DSes. :x

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 9:02 am

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
I really wish I could play Super Metroid and Earthbound, but I don't have one of those new 3DSes. :x

No Wii either?

I'm actually not sure if EarthBound is on the Wii, I know it's on the WiiU.

You could play EarthBound Beginnings on the old 3DS =) It's a little more grindy than the second game, but it's still pretty good, and has a lot of the same great music (which is one of my favorite parts of the first two games).

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 11:01 am

I do have a Wii, but not a Wii U. I almost want to trade in my Wii for a Wii U just to play them [and get SSB4].

You inspired me to play more of DQIX, so today after I'm done working, that's what I'm going to do. I can't remember where I left off at.
Also, fun fact: all of the puns in the game are only in the English localization.

Blanknight
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Nov 2017, 11:51 am

Earthbound Zero/Begginings. For an NES game, it's been pretty solid so far.

Also playing Cuphead, though not as much, since I'm planning to beat it with a friend of mine.

Almajo88
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Nov 2017, 4:48 pm

Can't remember when I last posted, but I swapped my 1050 Ti for a 1060 and decided to play Wolfenstein 2 again on the Wyatt timeline (first was Fergus)

MachineGames are pretty much the experts at creating solid but ultimately forgettable FPSes with writing that is 'good for a video game'. That said it's good to play a game that is both targeting 60 frames, and looks good in the process; I'm outputting to a 72Hz monitor (overclocked Dell U2414H) and only two or three times have I seen the adaptive v-sync give way to screen tearing. Aiming feels great! It's just a shame that the actual shooting doesn't feel as satisfying as the first game.

edit: TOTALLY forgot about the other game I've played lately, Sonic Forces. It's a huge step back from Generations and Colours and a game that I couldn't really recommend to anybody except the people who would buy it anyway. The level design varies from being okay to being incredibly poor, the levels don't have the sheer density that Generations levels had, instead tending towards boost-to-win and awful cutscene and QTE sections.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2017, 8:37 am

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
I do have a Wii, but not a Wii U. I almost want to trade in my Wii for a Wii U just to play them [and get SSB4].

If you do, you'll have to make sure you can do a system transfer first.
[also you could get Breath of the Wild]

Quote:
I can't remember where I left off at.

See! It's not just me!

Quote:
Also, fun fact: all of the puns in the game are only in the English localization.

I'm not a big fan of all the puns >_< I'm very grateful that the games come out in English at all, but I could do without so many puns, and I could certainly read the story a heck of a lot faster if they didn't phonetically spell out all of the thick accents >_<

(not the best example, but the first one I found)

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2017, 11:31 am

I played DQIX last night. Apparently my party consisted of a Martial Artist, Gladiator, Paladin, and a Priest. I promptly changed the first and third to Gladiators, and now even though they're only in the mid-twenties in levels, they're still giving out absurd amounts of damage. I went grotto hunting, and completed two Lv. 34 gottos! :mrgreen:

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2017, 11:03 am

I picked Parasite Eve II back up over the weekend. I haven't played it since the summer of '16 and I forgot how disturbing it is.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2017, 6:26 pm

More DQIX, and more Grotto exploring.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2017, 10:59 pm

I was playing Skyrim today, but not at the moment...I've probably played long enough for today. But yeah I ended up going a direction I decided I didn't want to with my character so I went back to an old autosave to change that, so now I will have to re-do some of the main missions.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2017, 9:12 am

Payday 2. Great game that just released a few days ago for VR.