Mass Effect 2 PS3 insanity difficulty?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

insertgenericlewdcomment
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Nov 2017, 9:37 pm

I'm going through the Mass Effect trilogy on PS3, and I've just started 2. I've put the difficulty on insanity (I remembered it made the game feel impossible, when I played it when I was younger), and it isn't really challenging, at all. It's really easy, for some reason. It feels like I'm playing on what should be casual difficulty. I'm playing the PS3 trilogy set version, unpatched. I remember reading that the original X-COM game had a glitch where the difficulty reset to the middle difficulty option after the first mission, so I'm wondering if the unpatched PS3 version of mass effect has something like that, or if the game was never really difficult in the first place?

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 5:15 am

I found it hard enough on the easiest difficult level. I was able to beat the first game on Hardcore, though.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 8:15 pm

I played them all on the hardest difficulty. I remember there were parts in the third game though that had me incredibly frustrated though and if I were to replay them I would probably turn it down. Cover shooters aren't really fun when you have to basically stand around half the time waiting for health to regen and exposing yourself for a moment takes you back to critical health.

insertgenericlewdcomment
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Nov 2017, 4:15 pm

Enigmatic_Oddity wrote:
I played them all on the hardest difficulty. I remember there were parts in the third game though that had me incredibly frustrated though and if I were to replay them I would probably turn it down. Cover shooters aren't really fun when you have to basically stand around half the time waiting for health to regen and exposing yourself for a moment takes you back to critical health.

Here's a question: Are there any gears of war-likes on PS3/4 that use an old school health-bar/med-pak system like CoD: Big Red One? I feel like that could be pretty interesting, if the game is focused exclusively on small-scale skirmishes, as opposed to Gears of War's consistently outnumbered skirmishes and battles.