Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 8:54 pm

If you turned into a weapon in a game based on your personality, what weapon would you be?

I would be a staff meant for white mages. I like helping people and making people feel better. I try to be as supportive as I possibly can and I don't like conflict. I'm a very caring and compassionate person and I'm also timid.
If you are sick I'll hover over you constantly until you feel better! :)

Anyway, what weapon would you be?

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and Wisdom to know the difference."

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 12:11 am

Pretty much that.

Originally I thought... some sort of wizard weapon. But then I thought... that's mostly just because I like to play wizards in fantasy games. And why play the wizard? Mostly to set everything on fire or hit it with lightning.

In other words, a very blunt, and aggressive approach. A wizard's staff is more of a "technical" thing. Something like that up there, however, is just STAB STAB STAB. And the look of the thing works too. I not only tend to be the aggressive sort, but I generally have a "dark" personality (I call myself Misery for a reason). That type of knife, employed as a weapon, very definitely goes along with the "dark" theme.

Not to mention it just goes overall with my way of doing things. If you actually were to watch me play any action game of any sort, I use a berserker style. Get RIGHT IN THEIR FACE, and just keep stabbing (or chopping). The more agitated I get, the more bonkers my attacks become. Useful in fighting games. Even when using characters that normally fight from range, chances are, I'm still gonna rush ya. And I'm not going to be nice about it. "Overkill" is definitely a thing with me, in games. I *will* drop a nuke on a Goomba if it has annoyed me enough.

Now that's not to say that I cant use other styles in games or play other roles (as I will do things like pure healer roles if it's necessary, and yeah, I'm good at it), but... chances are, even as another role, sooner or later, I'm gonna rush forward and try to stab it. Whatever "it" happens to be.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 12:44 am

I really never thought of it. Maybe something that looks cute or harmless on the outside, but dangerous on the inside.

Does a Fire Flower count as a weapon? Maybe in the Super Smash Bros games because characters can pick it up and make it shoot fire. Cute but fiery.

Or maybe the hammer from Donkey Kong, because I LIKE TO SMASH THINGS!! :twisted: And I like the music that plays when it's being used.

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 1:51 am

Misery wrote:

Pretty much that.

Originally I thought... some sort of wizard weapon. But then I thought... that's mostly just because I like to play wizards in fantasy games. And why play the wizard? Mostly to set everything on fire or hit it with lightning.

In other words, a very blunt, and aggressive approach. A wizard's staff is more of a "technical" thing. Something like that up there, however, is just STAB STAB STAB. And the look of the thing works too. I not only tend to be the aggressive sort, but I generally have a "dark" personality (I call myself Misery for a reason). That type of knife, employed as a weapon, very definitely goes along with the "dark" theme.

Not to mention it just goes overall with my way of doing things. If you actually were to watch me play any action game of any sort, I use a berserker style. Get RIGHT IN THEIR FACE, and just keep stabbing (or chopping). The more agitated I get, the more bonkers my attacks become. Useful in fighting games. Even when using characters that normally fight from range, chances are, I'm still gonna rush ya. And I'm not going to be nice about it. "Overkill" is definitely a thing with me, in games. I *will* drop a nuke on a Goomba if it has annoyed me enough.

Now that's not to say that I cant use other styles in games or play other roles (as I will do things like pure healer roles if it's necessary, and yeah, I'm good at it), but... chances are, even as another role, sooner or later, I'm gonna rush forward and try to stab it. Whatever "it" happens to be.

That is very scary, I now know never to make you mad! Lostonearth35 It can pretty much be any weapon as long as you're able to wield it! Umbrella, fans, fire flower, baseball bat, as long you are able to wield it.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 6:45 am

A Great Club. For the most part it's a very effective blunt weapon, but it doesn't impress with its appearance. It's essentially nothing more than a giant tree branch, and as such it gets passed over by most people for fancier armaments. It's cumbersome, and in certain situations is rendered ineffective because it's just too slow for some encounters. But in the right hands it can do massive damage, well beyond what other weapons with more finesse can hope to achieve.

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 1:33 pm

Enigmatic_Oddity wrote:

A Great Club. For the most part it's a very effective blunt weapon, but it doesn't impress with its appearance. It's essentially nothing more than a giant tree branch, and as such it gets passed over by most people for fancier armaments. It's cumbersome, and in certain situations is rendered ineffective because it's just too slow for some encounters. But in the right hands it can do massive damage, well beyond what other weapons with more finesse can hope to achieve.

It's always nice to be ignored just because you aren't fancy or look good enough for someone.(sarcasm.)

So what are some of the things you would be capable of if you were in the right environment?

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 11:28 pm

I have thought about it more and I think maybe I could also be a shield. I am very protective of people and shield aren't meant to fight with, which goes along with me not liking conflict. Maybe...a staff and a shield? Stield, shaff?

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2018, 10:43 pm

AquaineBay wrote:
It's always nice to be ignored just because you aren't fancy or look good enough for someone.(sarcasm.)

You say that sarcastically, but it's a useful quality to have in anything that involves combat or competition.

Dont look like much of a threat? The enemy ignoring you in favor of others that are more intimidating? You now have the advantage: Strike while they're not paying attention to you. They'll soon learn how things really are.

Works in any sort of gaming competition, for that matter. I do fighting games, and most people underestimate me the first time (which I believe is due to my appearance and the fact that I dont talk much... because clearly those things have something to do with gaming skill), and that means they drop their guard, assuming they'll get an easy win. Nope! With their guard down, it's that much easier for me to beat them... and that much easier to use that first fight to get an idea as to the sorts of attack patterns and such they'll use, which is info I can then keep using.

Never underestimate the boring fighter with a boring club. He/she just might be the truly problematic threat.

Heck, dont underestimate healer characters either, for that matter. That staff full of holy energy may be designed for healing and protecting, but they can still whack you over the head with it.

This all makes me think of another weapon I could choose:

This is a Hunting Horn, from the Monster Hunter series. If I was going to perform some sort of support/protection role, I'd go with this. Which is something I often do in multiplayer games (I figure, you want the job done right, do it yourself, yeah?)

For anyone that's not familiar with the series, the Horn is one of the most unusual weapon types in the game. At any point, you can sort of get into this stance with the thing, and start putting out various musical notes with it. Different combinations cause different effects. Usually things like party buffs/abilities. But you have to stand still when doing it, and each individual note takes a bit of time to produce.

....Or, you can wave it around like the world's most unnecessary club. When attacking, the thing is slow as heck, but it hits like a freight train (exactly my sort of strike, if we're going for the non-stab sort). You dont expect the sort of damage it can deal. It also usually makes hilarious "BROOOONK" noises when swung.

Definitely a deceptive weapon. And it has that quality of making people underestimate it (actually a problem when playing with random people, because they often dont consider it a "real" weapon and so wont include you in a group. Sigh...)

Also for anyone wondering why that one has teeth, it's made of parts from a specific monster. Other horns look even more ridiculous. There's one that's basically a coffin on a stick (???) and another that's sort of stretched out bagpipes. Someone actually gets paid to think these things up. I dunno who they are, but I love them for it.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2018, 11:35 pm

I tend to like bizarre attacks that throw off the enemy or they're finishing moves. I've also been an avid Mortal Kombat X player.

So........ I'm going with The Flying Guillotine.

Almajo88
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Feb 2018, 9:12 pm

I'm a Black Knight Great Axe

Why? I'm clunky, perhaps suboptimal, but also cool and strong~

Blanknight
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Mar 2018, 7:36 pm

A baseball bat naturally.