Funny game glitches or game bugs that you remember.

Page 1 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

24 May 2011, 4:23 pm

Mission: Impossible on the N64 has a bunch of glitches.

MooCow
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2011, 10:27 pm

Mass effect 2 there is a crate that you can get stuck on the side of if you hit it just right, you can run around and around the crate on your side... it's pretty funny, sadly once you're on it you can't get back off.

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2011, 10:34 pm

In Fable 2, my dog teleported into the Cow & Corset and then backflipped down the stairs like slinky.

In Red Dead Revolver, I pointed a gun at an enemy's face and he holstered his own weapon and nodded to me. This has happened several times with the same enemy.

In Blood Omen 2, there's a cheat code that lets you start the game with the Soul Reaver and the Iron Armor from the first game. There's a certain point in the game where, if you're using this cheat code, the Soul Reaver will be resting on Kain's shoulder and pointing forward, poking Vorador whenever he gets too close.

In many modern games, corpses will sometimes twitch and shake as though possessed.

In Return to Castle Wolfenstein, one of the earlier missions has you meet up with a wounded member of the Kreisau Circle. You can shoot him dead, or even blow him to pieces, and his corpse (or pile of gore) will continue to speak, lamenting that he can't accompany you in his condition.

Once when playing Fable 2, without having ever committed a crime, everyone suddenly hated me and kept referring to a massacre that they seem to think I'm responsible for. In another game of Fable 2, also without having committed any crimes, the guards in Knothole Island confronted me with 20 counts of murder, a theft, and 3 parole violations. Since I don't have an enormous pile of gold with me and the guards think I violated parole several times the only option is to resist arrest, so I can't even finish the quest there.

In Planescape: Torment, it's possible to repeatedly extort money out of a woman in the Smoldering Corpse bar. I've gotten almost 100,000 coppers out of her before.

MyWorld
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 May 2011, 10:42 pm

KissOfMarmaladeSky wrote:
When I was in second or third grade and my sister was in first or second grade, we were messing around with Gameshark, and we decided to make our Pokemon invincible or something in Pokemon Ruby. When we did that, we ran to some area in the desert or something, and we found a wild ?. (It's name really is ?) We decided to catch it, and we thought it was a shiny Bulbasaur or something (since it's icon was, in truth, a shiny Bulbasaur), but it turned into (no surpise for Pokemon fans who ran into this) a bad EGG. We went to the Pokemon center (because it was on zero HP and we were ignorant people, then), and when we healed it, there was a multitude of Pokeballs on the screen, and we got scared, so we turned it off. It magically saved at the Pokemon Center somehow, and Nurse Joy said that there were small organisms on our Pokemon.

That really freaked us out, so we didn't play for a year.

Oh, and my sister was bragging to her friends about her level 100 Swampert (that we got by cheating).

Ever played Pokemon Red or Blue? There was Missingno which you can encounter near Seafoam Islands. It increases your items if its 6th in your bag.

WillMcC
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 9:39 pm

The original Sims Vacation expansion pack had an amusing glitch such when visiting Vacation Island. If the lot had a DJ booth, it would spawn a DJ NPC who would interact with other objects, including the hot tub. If an outgoing Sim was first to enter the hot tub, he/she and everyone who got in after them would do it "naturally", otherwise they would wear a bathing suit. If the DJ got in the tub, he did not dress again after getting out, so he wandered around nude for the rest of the day. Despite several patches and three expansion packs, EA never fixed this bug. I actually created a "modesty" patch myself.

The original Roller Coaster Tycoon had a few glitches. If you made a shuttle coaster with a reverse incline launch mode such that the train would valley on the reverse spike but nose into the station, any peeps on that train would float through mid air from the train to the exit.

I still remember some bugs in the original King's Quest III. One caused the chickens outside Manannan's house to fly and another allowed the player to swim on land.

kittie
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 7:55 am

Wasn't there a flying townsman or whatever in Red Dead Redemption? =P

Volkmire
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 May 2011, 12:27 pm

Super Castlevania IV for the SNES.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMHVLad9axA[/youtube]

OMGitsKenny
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2011, 8:10 pm

Quite a few glitches that amuse me:

Portal/Portal: Still Alive: In the fan area after you escape test chamber 19, there's a glitch where you can fall through the level into nothing. Found this out when I was trying to get an achievement in Still Alive (Out of the Blue, a royal pain to get) and reloaded that area when I wasn't paying attention. When I shot out a portal after the reload, I fell through the level and had to reload the level again.

Black Ops Multiplayer: Anyone who plays it probably knows what I'm talking about. A dead body has the tendency of getting caught within the polygons of the wall, objects, or floor and the body becomes severely distorted and flails like crazy.

Final Fantasy VI: One of my favorites: fighting the Phantom Train boss. A single Phoenix Down takes it out.

Bioshock: Jimmy limbs. Here's an example:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-Z5HK0-Ydk&feature=related[/youtube]

Jackanape
Raven
Raven

29 May 2011, 11:21 pm

I was in the final level of Karnov for NES, I got stuck in a wall. It was like the minus world glitch from Super Mario, only with out the amusing antics.

Katatonic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2011, 10:02 am

Just experienced a sky bound bus in L.A. Noire. It was towards the end of the game...can't remember what mission, but I saw Cole talking and then suddenly the bus behind him just started levitating.....and eventually it floated out of the picture.

Pipeline
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Mar 2013, 9:40 am

Just Cause 2.
All cutscenes are rendered in-game, so one time the Ular factions truck drove into my vehicle and merged with it.

younginflavor18
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Mar 2013, 8:41 am

I remember the Minus World glitch from Super Mario Bros. for the Nintendo Entertainment System.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMlzg0XWeUo[/youtube]

Although I never played the Famciom Disk System version of the same game, there are more Minus World levels.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW34-Ev24HM[/youtube]

ajpd1989
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2014, 1:26 am

In Skyrim, I went into someone's room while she was asleep. When I talked to her she got up, and when she finished speaking, laid back down... on the air... next to the bed.

Also, in both Morrowind and Skyrim, I found out that you could climb really steep mountains by running up the side in a zig-zag pattern.

blast335
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Jun 2015, 11:18 am

I was playing Kerbal space program and I just spent almost an hour working on my all purpose lifter which was supposed to be able to take just about anything and put it in orbit, and I went to launch it for the first time and it spawned upside down. No idea why but everytime I tried to launch it it would spawn upside down. It was fine in the VAB but it flips on the launchpad.

Also when I click to submit my posts here on wrong planet I often get sent to my profile but my post doesn't get submitted.

I speak on behalf of no-one but myself. For how can I represent anyone else? If someone shares my opinion on a topic, are we now the same person? With the same opinions on all topics? No, of course not.
-Blast335 (me)

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2015, 4:20 pm

I spent 50+ hours playing Half Life 2 on the Xbox, then was prevented from finishing it by a bug near the end of the final level, which kept flinging me off a platform every time I stepped on it. Checked on the internet and found other people had encountered this issue.

I'll try the version of the game on my Orange Box PS3 version some time, and see if that works properly. :?

DerpMC
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 May 2016, 9:00 am

SPOILER ALERT!!@! !! !!~!@#!@&^

In The Legend of Zelda: a Link to the Past, There is this one glitch that allows you to beat the game in 5 mins. It is called the Exploration Glitch. You have to jump off a ledge and either save and quit, or use the mirror in a dungeon, and you will have an effect where if you take damage, you can go into the wall. Doing that in Hyrule Castle can make you find the way past Ganon without fighting him.

Robert Murphy ~ 2016

Quote:
Wanna see what destruction looks like? Here it is in human form - it's your boy DerpMC!