Page 3 of 7 [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2012, 6:37 pm

As an adept I only get to use a heavy and machine pistol, maximum recharge of my biotics is in important so I can keep popping out shockwaves, warps, and singularity, When I picked up Tali I at least got an energy drain so I can take shields down too. Well the Shuriken helps me get shileds down easilly, and has a lot of ammo.

I guess I have really enjoyed EDI, her really has developed some human like quirks, and works as both a straight man with Joker, but also making her own jokes, one of the best I think being about her "day of reckoning" with Legion. But I think the prize goes to Garrus in this game, he is filled with little jabs at previous games, like about his callibration, dancing, and my favourite being his "I am Garrus Vakarian and this is", the creators obviously knew about the previous bit of Shepard selling out.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2012, 7:19 pm

Wow.

The ending is pretty friggen depressing.

-20 points for plot holes. :evil:

Oh, and my favorite character is Mordin. Poor Mordin........

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2012, 7:31 pm

Mordin, he was one hell of a badass, and a good person too. :salut:

If I had to make a guess, the Salarians made a problem when they lifted the Krogan up, they should have had females play a more active role in organising them as they are the real thinkers of their people.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2012, 8:01 pm

I love it when Mordin says he'll study and run tests on the seashells if he gets bored at the beach. Ha.

New favorite weapon: the Javelin (Geth sniper rifle); that thing is cool how you can see through cover and shoot through the same. Plus the sci-fi appearance, effects and description add to it (I like sci-fi blasters); it apparently fires like a water jet, just with range (high pressure water can cut through pretty much anything).

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2012, 10:13 pm

I preferred the Prothean particle beam.

Less reloading time.

Fav. armor: Terminus armor.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2012, 9:36 pm

I've been playing around with the old Widow anti-material rifle (not the Black Widow), and...I just don't see it being as effective as the Javelin; cloak + extended barrel + head shot = death to pretty much all heavy and special infantry (Banshee, Phantom, Prime, Atlas and whatnot are all exceptions of course). The ability to see through walls and then hit the head is quite a boon in comparison to the Widow, where you have to guess where the head is behind cover.

Good to see the Geth Pulse Rifle back. I always take it in the rifle category.

+1 to Terminus armor. My favorite from ME2, and the same here. It just looks serious.

I went with the Geth in a certain situation; "they" bought it upon themselves as far as I'm concerned during the battle.

Kinda interesting hearing what the Reaper on Rannoch says.

mglosenger
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Mar 2012, 9:41 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
Wow.

You don't find the ME series depressing in general? :P

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 12:30 pm

M-920 Cain! Yay! Too bad it's only there for so short a duration.

I found it bothersome that the Catalyst thought things had changed just because someone made it so far to see it. Seems odd and fishy (unless it's some type of test to prove it wrong, but then, you do nothing to prove it wrong).

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 8:57 pm

mglosenger wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Wow.

You don't find the ME series depressing in general? :P

yes :D

the host on "good game" on the not for profit "unbiased" ABC made that remark he still gave it a 10/10 as did the lady host.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2012, 1:12 am

I would have cheered so much if the Reapers actually completed this cycle (not a spoiler, as really, who thought the Reapers would actually "win" in the world of story writing where the good guys always win? No one).

The backlash would have been literally epic.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2012, 10:23 am

It was only during a moment of Tali getting and rambling about Miranda and her "emergency induction port" that I just noticed something, almost evety single character has daddy (or parent) issues, I would have thought that I would have picked that up earlier.

nikki191
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Mar 2012, 9:22 am

Dillogic wrote:
I would have cheered so much if the Reapers actually completed this cycle (not a spoiler, as really, who thought the Reapers would actually "win" in the world of story writing where the good guys always win? No one).

The backlash would have been literally epic.

i was disapointed there wasnt a reapers win ending.. i always pictured a fade to black.. an alien excavation site .. aliens activating a box they find and discovering liara's gift, the camera pans away to them looking at shepards hologram

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2012, 11:24 am

It got really intence with some of the later parts, my team, weapons and my Biotics meant that I could pretty easily rip apart basicly anything, a lone Brute was not much of a difficulty, but then they start throwing groups of Brutes and Banshees at you, got really intense when they threw three Banshees at me in the middle of a firefight. Energy Drain was a life saver for being an adept.

I really just finished the game, and I am one of the few who liked the ending, it actually reminds me of the ending of the anime Puella Magi Madoka Magica, a bitter sweet ending on the lighter side of balance.

Quote:
I found it bothersome that the Catalyst thought things had changed just because someone made it so far to see it. Seems odd and fishy (unless it's some type of test to prove it wrong, but then, you do nothing to prove it wrong).

The Crucible changed it, a machine that was cycles long in the planing made the difference.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2012, 9:14 pm

That's a good point there with the Crucible. Getting to that point being the key.

Multiplayer is pretty damn fun (people don't talk too). Too bad there's no ability to choose which server you connect to, as it's lag city most times (I'm sure nearly all games it connects me to are from Mars). You can play solo, and it's a...good challenge. Waiting to get me a Krogan....

O, and I adore the fan uproar over the endings. :lol: If I were the writers, I'd promise a fix in a free DLC and make it as depressing as possible. :P

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2012, 6:22 am

Going back to Mass Effect 2 to get one of my other characters to export into ME3 I noticed a few things

A) The graphics in Mass Effect 2 seem a lot better then 3

B) The quality of the script writing is noticeably better

C) If you go pure Renegade Shepard the dialogue is hilarious

Not finished the main game of ME3 yet but I get the feeling I'm in for a bit of a disappointment. Oh well never mind it all started to sound pair shaped and derped the moment "multiplayer" was added as a feature

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2012, 6:22 am

Oh and since when was Kaiden gay?!