Page 1 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Shishka
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Aug 2012, 4:19 am

I play Civ V and also Revolution on Xbox 360. My favourite civilisation is probably the Japanese. Or maybe the Russians.

Oh, and I played CivWorld on Facebook 8)

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2012, 9:09 am

Shishka wrote:
I play Civ V and also Revolution on Xbox 360. My favourite civilisation is probably the Japanese. Or maybe the Russians.

Oh, and I played CivWorld on Facebook 8)

I've Revolution on PS3, and my favorite civilization to play as is the English. :) * Navy power for the win! *

civrev
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Aug 2012, 4:42 am

I play Civ IV with friends to this day. I started with Civ II, got Civ III and played it, but I've been hooked on Civ IV BTS. It's such a great game. Normally I play Darius or Stalin. I haven't gotten Civ V yet but I plan on it at some point.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2012, 11:22 am

I still love Civ4 but I think the new Civ5 bundle is next on my list... excellent value for the money because of the replay!

I still adore Civ4 and almost always play as Americans for the extra city happiness and lower cost of unit XP increases. (Getting that rank5 unit is critical for a couple powerful national wonders!)

knowbody15
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Aug 2012, 3:38 pm

Brainfre3ze_93 wrote:
I've recently been watching some videos on Youtube, and I've have been hooked on it ever since. So I wanted to know if anyone else is too? :)

Steam tells me I've got about 1300 hours on Civ 5...........so..........I need a 12 step.....

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2012, 8:38 am

knowbody15 wrote:
Brainfre3ze_93 wrote:
I've recently been watching some videos on Youtube, and I've have been hooked on it ever since. So I wanted to know if anyone else is too? :)

Steam tells me I've got about 1300 hours on Civ 5...........so..........I need a 12 step.....

Somehow, I'm not surprised by that number. Civ 5 is such an addictive game.

knowbody15
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Aug 2012, 2:44 pm

Brainfre3ze_93 wrote:
knowbody15 wrote:
Brainfre3ze_93 wrote:

And you've got all the DLC and steam workshop....endless

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2012, 8:00 am

knowbody15 wrote:
Brainfre3ze_93 wrote:
knowbody15 wrote:
Brainfre3ze_93 wrote:

And you've got all the DLC and steam workshop....endless

I know right!

MagicToenail
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Sep 2012, 9:50 am

I was obsessed with CIV I and 2, but discovered I liked building more than conquering and switched to Pharaoh, Caesar and Emperor. I found the later CIVs a little tough because I liked to play pretty much loser civilizations like the Carthaginians, and again, I like to build and fiddle with stuff, which is hard to do at the higher levels.

Last edited by MagicToenail on 03 Sep 2012, 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2012, 6:35 am

Quote:
I liked building more than conquering and switched to Pharaoh, Caesar and Emperor

Have you ever tried Immortal Cities: Children of the Nile?

It pretty much is the spiritual successor to those series of city builder games

http://immortalcities.com/cotn/

MagicToenail
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Sep 2012, 8:34 pm

Laz wrote:
Quote:
I liked building more than conquering and switched to Pharaoh, Caesar and Emperor

Have you ever tried Immortal Cities: Children of the Nile?

It pretty much is the spiritual successor to those series of city builder games

http://immortalcities.com/cotn/

No I haven't! Thank You greatly for the recommendation!

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2012, 12:52 am

I really wish someone would re-release SMAC for modern computers and maybe a graphic update. *sigh*

Rakshasa72
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2012, 1:23 am

BlueMax wrote:
I really wish someone would re-release SMAC for modern computers and maybe a graphic update. *sigh*

I agree. This is one of the games that makes me want to piece together a retro gaming machine.

What Civs I like to play: in Civ V I'm enjoying playing as Montezuma. In Civ IV: Primarily I liked the Celts or Aztecs. In SMAC: I liked Gaia's Stepdaughters. In Colonization the Dutch. The other games i haven't played recently but, I remember some pretty epic games as Stalin in the original Civ.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2012, 5:29 am

Oops... I just played 2+ hours of Master of Orion 2 - another classic turn game (and probably more hours spent than Civ!)

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2012, 5:58 am

Civ IV with all its add ons is quite a nicely matured game. But I remember its initial release was quite problematic. Some people seem to have rose tinted glasses on when they compare Civ V to IV sometimes.

V has a lot of features I like but the AI at the moment is pretty pathetic. You can dance circles around it in war even if they are ahead of you in tech.

Also IV and V you never seem to have a feeling that your ever short of resources. Civ III seemed to add a purposeful resource shortfall. There was always something you were short of depending on your start location and the kind of terrain you had access too.

Rakshasa72
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2012, 2:30 pm

BlueMax wrote:
Oops... I just played 2+ hours of Master of Orion 2 - another classic turn game (and probably more hours spent than Civ!)

Yeah, this game is really fun. MoO 3 was a debacle. Gallactic Civilizations is on ok successor but, I keep coming back to MoO2 for fun games. Another space strategy game I'd like to get working again is Pax Imperia.

EDIT: Woot got Pax Imperia to work in windows compatability mode.