Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

sunnycat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2007, 2:20 am

This is the promotion video for Princess Maker 5...It's pretty interesting...
Basically you get to rear a daughter by interacting with her through dialogues, sending her to schools, engaging her in extracurricular activities, taking her on a vacation, getting her jobs...etc...
They call it Child Rearing simulation game...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSuFLrNUYD8[/youtube]

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2007, 2:43 am

I think they leave out a lot of what is actually involved in raising children. You know, projectiles, messes you thought were physically impossible to create, cheerios everywhere (even inside your computer), holes in the wall, breaking up fights involving power tools, stuff being thrown up at a ceiling fan creating a radial debris field, molding bowls of food found in cabinets, half hour arguments over the virtues of changing clothes or washing faces, THE most stupid cartoons in the universe (spongebob), etc. etc.

sunnycat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2007, 2:49 am

That is very true...
Did you ever get to play it? (just saved a cat hair from entering my keyboard...)
I tried the first, second and third ones and I liked them very much...I don't have them in my computer anymore though...

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2007, 2:52 am

No, I only had the video to go by.

Lone_Wolf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2007, 2:03 pm

I used to play PM2 a lot. This one looks better since they took out the medieval theme. Shame that they´re gonna leave the battles there anyway since I always though that they were out-of-place. Let´s hope that this makes it to USA, i´d love to play this.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2007, 10:07 pm

I loved PM2 - but there was something kind of perverse about it - especially if you end up marrying your daughter, or turning her into a prostitute.