Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

27 Jul 2016, 2:04 pm

http://thefederalist.com/2016/07/27/don ... ity-issue/

Quote:
After taunting Hillary Clinton by asking Russian hackers to release 30,000 e-mails she deleted, Donald Trump finally forced Clinton’s campaign to admit that her unsanctioned e-mail server scheme was a “national security issue.”

so how can emails about her 'yoga routines' and grandchildren threaten national security? I thought they were just personal emails! Hillary has no one to blame except herself for having a unsecured private email server, if she put national security at risk because of this then she should be held accountable.

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 2:29 pm

If they aren't why exactly did anyone make a big deal out of it? Or, is it suddenly the case that she's not 'harmful' because somehow she uses a private server. If it's all about yoga then it wouldn't be, but... who exactly has been emphasizing that she's a security risk? Or are you suddenly discounting that specific sentence of his, just not the rival party saying something similar too?

I might have listened to this series a bit too much - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07jysds would be relevant - but, really, if politics descends into plain nonsense, from maybe just irrationality... then discourse simply cannot be had.

Her leaked emails either are or aren't a risk, and since it's illegal to hack anyone I hope they'll prosecute whoever it is and their instigators... unless, of course, now law itself might be too 'establishment' or... not made of many neo-reactionary molecules... I'm sure the LHC can possibly produce those.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 2:44 pm

Hillary said they were nothing, that they were personal emails and that she turned over all work related emails. She also said she never had any classified information on her servers which we now know is a lie, so the question is what is she hiding? Personal emails should be considered a threat to national security should it? Hillary said that she never endangered nation security with her unsecured server, her campaign is now contradicting her.

Just wait until the other shoe drops with the Clinton Foundation, Hillary is dirty dirty dirty! Whoever has the email should release them soon, if they're just about her yoga routines and other boring stuff then who cares? How does it jeopardize national security?

Trump is chessmaster, Clinton's campaign made a huge gaffe here

yelekam
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 5:57 pm

looks like this time Trump out whited the Clinton campaign

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 6:00 pm

I think both are "dirty-dirty-dirty."

Whoever gets knocked down the least will be President.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 27 Jul 2016, 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 6:04 pm

yelekam wrote:

Trump is playing 4D chess while everybody else is playing 2D tic-tac-toe. It really is an amazing thing to see, the elites in the media and politics are being exposed!

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 6:57 pm

Jacoby wrote:
yelekam wrote:

Trump is playing 4D chess while everybody else is playing 2D tic-tac-toe. It really is an amazing thing to see, the elites in the media and politics are being exposed!

So that's why he's only moving on white fields...
Obviously our puny logic can't hold up with someone whith such a very good brain.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 6:58 pm

I can't say I am a fan of Austrian humor.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 7:01 pm

Jacoby wrote:

Nor intelligence, since you think Trump has it.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 7:08 pm

Jacoby wrote:
http://thefederalist.com/2016/07/27/donald-trump-just-got-hillary-clinton-to-admit-her-e-mails-are-a-national-security-issue/

Quote:
After taunting Hillary Clinton by asking Russian hackers to release 30,000 e-mails she deleted, Donald Trump finally forced Clinton’s campaign to admit that her unsanctioned e-mail server scheme was a “national security issue.”

so how can emails about her 'yoga routines' and grandchildren threaten national security? I thought they were just personal emails! Hillary has no one to blame except herself for having a unsecured private email server, if she put national security at risk because of this then she should be held accountable.

I'm sorry Jacoby but you've fallen victim to blatant spin. Neither Hillary Clinton, nor anyone associated with her campaign said her e-mails were security risk. The statement released by her campaign was...

"This has to be the first time that a major presidential candidate has actively encouraged a foreign power to conduct espionage against his political opponent. That’s not hyperbole, those are just the facts. This has gone from being a curiosity, and a matter of politics, to being a national security."

And this was in response to Donald Trump calling on Russian hackers to hack into American based/owned servers.

So the national security risk concerns Donald Trump's call for Russian hackers to hack American servers, and this risk is regardless of whether or not said e-mails exist or whether or not they contain sensitive information.

An analogy would be if you lived in a locked building. And Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton also lived in your locked building, and both wanted to be president of the HOA, and Donald Trump believed, or wanted people to believe, that Hillary Clinton had hid documents in the building that have sensitive information that could jeopardize the safety of those who live in the building, so he tells calls on thieves to break into the building to find them.

If the thieves do break into the building, they can not only then steal valuables and sensitive information out of other people's apartments, but other thieves can then learn how they entered the building and victimize people.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 7:08 pm

Aristophanes wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Nor intelligence, since you think Trump has it.

I'm not a fan of intelligence because I think Trump is intelligent? Is that two thoughts jumbled together?

if you're going to insult me then at least make sense

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 7:12 pm

Chronos wrote:

I'm sorry Jacoby but you've fallen victim to blatant spin. Neither Hillary Clinton, nor anyone associated with her campaign said her e-mails were security risk. The statement released by her campaign was...

"This has to be the first time that a major presidential candidate has actively encouraged a foreign power to conduct espionage against his political opponent. That’s not hyperbole, those are just the facts. This has gone from being a curiosity, and a matter of politics, to being a national security."

And this was in response to Donald Trump calling on Russian hackers to hack into American based/owned servers.

So the national security risk concerns Donald Trump's call for Russian hackers to hack American servers, and this risk is regardless of whether or not said e-mails exist or whether or not they contain sensitive information.

An analogy would be if you lived in a locked building. And Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton also lived in your locked building, and both wanted to be president of the HOA, and Donald Trump believed, or wanted people to believe, that Hillary Clinton had hid documents in the building that have sensitive information that could jeopardize the safety of those who live in the building, so he tells calls on thieves to break into the building to find them.

If the thieves do break into the building, they can not only then steal valuables and sensitive information out of other people's apartments, but other thieves can then learn how they entered the building and victimize people.

You are spinning like crazy, what? Trump never called on anyone to hack anything, repeating that over and over again will not make it true. The information is already captured, all that needs to be done at this point is to release it. Trump said whoever has the information should release the emails if they have them, he didn't call for Russian hackers to go after US government. That is pure hyperbole and spin from the Clinton campaign who are desperate to distract from the contents of said emails.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 7:42 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Chronos wrote:

You are spinning like crazy, what? Trump never called on anyone to hack anything, repeating that over and over again will not make it true. The information is already captured, all that needs to be done at this point is to release it. Trump said whoever has the information should release the emails if they have them, he didn't call for Russian hackers to go after US government. That is pure hyperbole and spin from the Clinton campaign who are desperate to distract from the contents of said emails.

You are correct, he did ask for hackers to turn over e-mails, not hack. The article I had read before I posted was poorly phrased and punctuated by twitter comments. Actually, even the New York Times is attempting to misrepresent Trump's words. So much for non-biased reporting.

However, I would still like to point out that there is no admission here that the e-mails exist or that they contain information of a sensitive nature if they do, and I think, that the job of a campaign manager is to make their candidate look good, and the other candidate to look bad, the purpose of his comment was to try to put some spin on Trump.

Last edited by Chronos on 27 Jul 2016, 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 7:47 pm

How would the hackers obtain the Emails?

(By the way, I'm suspecting that Trump made a poor joke).

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 7:51 pm

Chronos wrote:
You are correct, he did ask for hackers to turn over e-mails, not hack. The article I had read before I posted was poorly phrased and punctuated by twitter comments.

Oh wow, don't hear that every day on here! I feel like printing and framing this post! :mrgreen:

The media is literally working in collusion with the DNC and Clinton campaign, the DNC leaks confirmed this truth that I've known all along. Nothing from the MSM can be trusted, there is no such thing as 'independent press' in this country it seems. All corporate hacks and ideologues.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 7:53 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
How would the hackers obtain the Emails?

(By the way, I'm suspecting that Trump made a poor joke).

The "hack" already happened, many months and maybe years ago and people are just speculating about what information may of been accessed. The people who transferred the information now might have zero connection to the people that originally obtained it and regardless it is in the possession of Wikileaks now. The information is already out there, it just needs to be released.

If they have the emails then by all means release them! Hillary said she deleted them long ago so there is nothing to hack.