What is going about the Oregon standoff? Edit

Page 9 of 10 [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2016, 4:26 pm

Fnord wrote:
I watched the video over and over again. It shows that he committed "Suicide by Cop". Sad, but true.

Yeah, he had already stated that he wouldn't go to jail. He got what he wanted.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

29 Jan 2016, 11:16 pm

They didn't have to kill that man, they killed him simply because he checked every thing off their list to be able to justify it but I saw that guy with hands up which their is a tragic irony to I suppose. I am consistent but I can't say most people are when it comes to color, these pigs are murderers and thugs regardless.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2016, 11:32 pm

fox "news", when fact-checked, turns out to be less than true more than half the time. when sued for a falsehood, fox argued that they are entertainment rather than news and won the case. no news source is 100% accurate, but fox is by far the worst.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2016, 2:12 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Aren't you supposed to be out celebrating somewhere, Kraichgauer? What makes you think I'd listen to anything you have to say? Don't forget when you're in church this Sunday, you may want to reflect on how you've been acting this week. And no, I'm not passing judgement - it's just an observation.

Oh, I'll be sure to celebrate that those anti-government cretins are going to prison.
And how have I been acting this week?
As for your next post, concerning how the Y'all Qaeda member had been shot while having his hands raised - - if it was from any other source than Fox or Glenn Beck, I might give it the benefit of the doubt.

I wonder what is wrong with the attitude of anti-government, yet the government of any country is usually as*holes and thieves. Only the white gloves.

I am pasionate history, from what I know President Jefferson (who supposedly had Asperger :mrgreen: ) introduced to the US Constitution 2 nd amendment, which guarantees protection "against the tyranny government :D if that government is arrogant.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2016, 3:03 pm

hands up, don't shoot!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2016, 4:47 pm

pawelk1986 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Aren't you supposed to be out celebrating somewhere, Kraichgauer? What makes you think I'd listen to anything you have to say? Don't forget when you're in church this Sunday, you may want to reflect on how you've been acting this week. And no, I'm not passing judgement - it's just an observation.

Oh, I'll be sure to celebrate that those anti-government cretins are going to prison.
And how have I been acting this week?
As for your next post, concerning how the Y'all Qaeda member had been shot while having his hands raised - - if it was from any other source than Fox or Glenn Beck, I might give it the benefit of the doubt.

I wonder what is wrong with the attitude of anti-government, yet the government of any country is usually as*holes and thieves. Only the white gloves.

I am pasionate history, from what I know President Jefferson (who supposedly had Asperger :mrgreen: ) introduced to the US Constitution 2 nd amendment, which guarantees protection "against the tyranny government :D if that government is arrogant.

These anti-government types are hardly comparable to Jefferson; rather, they're just a bunch of malcontents and bigots.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2016, 7:24 pm

reaching for a gun, shooting justified.
The LEOs in this case have behaved with admirable restraint and calm for the last month (not to mention a massive outlay of state, local, and federal cash that won't go to keeping our roads up and our schools repaired), and the fact that they stopped two cars full of armed insurrectionists, some of whom advocated shooting federal officers who tried to stop their anarchist agenda, with only one death - kudos to those guys. Seriously, I wish all standoffs were handled so well.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2016, 8:07 pm

He tries to run over one of the Feds with his vehicle,that usually gets one shot.
Then the fumbling around in his coat,not likely he's fixing to pull out a pack of smokes or take a selfie with his phone.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2016, 7:06 pm

Suicide by cop. End of story.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2016, 8:35 pm

(Not quite end of story...)

Armed Occupiers of Oregon Wildlife Refuge Acquitted
Federal jury acquits Ammon Bundy and six followers of conspiracy in standoff last winter

A federal jury in Portland, Ore., on Thursday acquitted Ammon Bundy and six followers in the armed occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge last winter, handing antigovernment activists a major legal victory in a case that put a national spotlight on the issue of federal land control in the West.

The nine-woman, three-man jury found Mr. Bundy, 41 years old, his brother Ryan, 43, and the others not guilty of conspiracy to impede federal officers through intimidation, threats or force in the 41-day occupation of the refuge in the high desert of southeastern Oregon.

They also found the Bundy brothers and two others not guilty of a firearms charge related to the occupation.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/armed-occup ... 1477615318

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/jury-a ... ar-AAjuxZf

There Are Four Lights!

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2016, 9:05 pm

i hope they have to pay civil damages for the destruction they did to the reserve.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2016, 9:09 pm

Darmok wrote:
(Not quite end of story...)

Armed Occupiers of Oregon Wildlife Refuge Acquitted
Federal jury acquits Ammon Bundy and six followers of conspiracy in standoff last winter

A federal jury in Portland, Ore., on Thursday acquitted Ammon Bundy and six followers in the armed occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge last winter, handing antigovernment activists a major legal victory in a case that put a national spotlight on the issue of federal land control in the West.

The nine-woman, three-man jury found Mr. Bundy, 41 years old, his brother Ryan, 43, and the others not guilty of conspiracy to impede federal officers through intimidation, threats or force in the 41-day occupation of the refuge in the high desert of southeastern Oregon.

They also found the Bundy brothers and two others not guilty of a firearms charge related to the occupation.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/armed-occup ... 1477615318

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/jury-a ... ar-AAjuxZf

Probably had a too friendly jury, or the prosecution just pulled defeat out of the jaws of victory.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2016, 9:16 pm

It's funny that the same people that cry about police killing people like Keith Scott cheer on the killing of LaVoy Finicum.

The feds are not the good guys

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2016, 9:28 pm

Jacoby wrote:
It's funny that the same people that cry about police killing people like Keith Scott cheer on the killing of LaVoy Finicum.

Who says any of us cheer on the killing of that LaVoy Finicum character? We don't cheer it on, but the fact is, this guy was a violent anti-government radical who went for his gun when the feds had him cornered.
And to say that all feds are not good guys is like saying all cops are not. With either agencies, there have been obvious abuses of power, but there are plenty of other cases where feds or local cops act correctly.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2016, 9:32 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Who says any of us cheer on the killing of that LaVoy Finicum character? We don't cheer it on, but the fact is, this guy was a violent anti-government radical who went for his gun when the feds had him cornered.
And to say that all feds are not good guys is like saying all cops are not. With either agencies, there have been obvious abuses of power, but there are plenty of other cases where feds or local cops act correctly.

The feds had opened fired before Finicum even left the car, what is a person even to do at that point?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2016, 9:41 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

The feds had opened fired before Finicum even left the car, what is a person even to do at that point?

Well, as he did try to run one of the federal agents over, I think shooting at him is hardly an overreaction.