Page 170 of 214 [ 3415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173 ... 214  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2017, 1:45 pm

cathylynn wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
do you consider yourself a christian, angela?

Why? Are you going to attack my religious beliefs now? You already are blaming a nuclear war with NK on me and now it's my religion. Can you get any lower than that?

This is what I mean by the people on the Left make me sick. I suggest you worry about your own religious beliefs and not question mine. It's between me and my God (newsflash - that's not you).

just for the record, trump can nuke anyone anytime without congressional approval. there is a bill in committee now to limit a president's ability for a first strike nuclear attack unless congress declares war, but it's far from law.

Nukes would need to be launched seconds after or before the enemy’s are launched to be any success. Why didn’t liberals care that obama could launch them whenever also he can’t. See they have to get members of the joint chief of staffs approval. I takes a few people’s key cards and codes to launch. Not just trump. The system was designed as is to not allow a single person to do so. Though subs use them be able to launch by themselves. So you want to wait 6 months after the nuclear attacks or war for congress to just ground to stand still. I’m sorry as designed congress can’t get anything done, I don’t want our national defense left to them.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2017, 1:55 pm

sly279 wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
cathylynn wrote:

Why? Are you going to attack my religious beliefs now? You already are blaming a nuclear war with NK on me and now it's my religion. Can you get any lower than that?

This is what I mean by the people on the Left make me sick. I suggest you worry about your own religious beliefs and not question mine. It's between me and my God (newsflash - that's not you).

just for the record, trump can nuke anyone anytime without congressional approval. there is a bill in committee now to limit a president's ability for a first strike nuclear attack unless congress declares war, but it's far from law.

Nukes would need to be launched seconds after or before the enemy’s are launched to be any success. Why didn’t liberals care that obama could launch them whenever also he can’t. See they have to get members of the joint chief of staffs approval. I takes a few people’s key cards and codes to launch. Not just trump. The system was designed as is to not allow a single person to do so. Though subs use them be able to launch by themselves. So you want to wait 6 months after the nuclear attacks or war for congress to just ground to stand still. I’m sorry as designed congress can’t get anything done, I don’t want our national defense left to them.

because obama and all previous presidents with the nuclear codes had a modicum of self-control.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2017, 1:58 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Defend the Presidency: from what?

Most people don't object to the Presidency; they object more to the present President. But only a very few--perhaps a similar amount to when previous Presidents were in power--want to overethrow our government.

The NRA is talking out of its butt in this case.

The nra hasn’t said anything it’s far too busy fighting off inside attacks from gun owners for its yet again pushing gun control

Really? Check sources before posting.

Where’s the call to violence.? She says they will perish in their own political fire.
She’s talking about fighting back political via laws and congress oh noes how horrible.
I heard nothing about calling to arms to repeal and kill liberals and antifia. Just that we resist their political agenda.

Antifia is calling for a massive riot to remove him in November though. And a lot of the average liberals even ant him removed. So a lot more then when bush or obama were in office. Quit frankly if antifia or some other group makes a attempt to remeove trump with force I’ll be out fighting against them. If the left wants to start a civil war that’s up to them. Haven’t seen any one on the right or center calling for one.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2017, 2:00 pm

cathylynn wrote:
sly279 wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
cathylynn wrote:

because obama and all previous presidents with the nuclear codes had a modicum of self-control.

Trumps not a bad person. The left media has just vilified him so much since he started running that so many of the left and saddle you too hate him with no real reason. If he’d ran as a Democrat he’d be your hero and the media would praised him. And if Clinton hadn’t been chosen by the democrat party I bet he’d ran as a Democrat since he was and is one at heart.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2017, 2:31 pm

:arrow: 7n

sly279 wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Defend the Presidency: from what?

Most people don't object to the Presidency; they object more to the present President. But only a very few--perhaps a similar amount to when previous Presidents were in power--want to overethrow our government.

The NRA is talking out of its butt in this case.

The nra hasn’t said anything it’s far too busy fighting off inside attacks from gun owners for its yet again pushing gun control

Really? Check sources before posting.

Where’s the call to violence.? She says they will perish in their own political fire.
She’s talking about fighting back political via laws and congress oh noes how horrible.
I heard nothing about calling to arms to repeal and kill liberals and antifia. Just that we resist their political agenda.

Antifia is calling for a massive riot to remove him in November though. And a lot of the average liberals even ant him removed. So a lot more then when bush or obama were in office. Quit frankly if antifia or some other group makes a attempt to remeove trump with force I’ll be out fighting against them. If the left wants to start a civil war that’s up to them. Haven’t seen any one on the right or center calling for one.

...Antifa, IF anyone said that, is a bunch of puny pissants :x ! On the right, both Roger Stone and Jim Bakker, as I have posted about here, have " warned " that an impecahment of Trump will be met with violence " civil war "...and Bakker essentially put on a Jesus-wants-you-to-do-so tag on that :( 8O :evil: !

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2017, 3:14 pm

Ok, Sly. Let's have a couple of your standards for a good person.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2017, 11:37 pm

sly279 wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
sly279 wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
cathylynn wrote:

Trumps not a bad person. The left media has just vilified him so much since he started running that so many of the left and saddle you too hate him with no real reason. If he’d ran as a Democrat he’d be your hero and the media would praised him. And if Clinton hadn’t been chosen by the democrat party I bet he’d ran as a Democrat since he was and is one at heart.

i don't hate trump. where in the world do you get your news that you don't realize the type of person he is? if he were a democrat, i still wouldn't want a vengeful bully with a very short temper to have the nuclear codes.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2017, 11:52 pm

Trump is a good person? Sly, I beg to differ!!

How many of the 7 deadly sins does he have?

Lust - yes
Gluttony (?)
Greed -yes
Sloth - no
Wrath -you bet
Envy - ditto
Pride - he is the world champion at that

He is also a proven, chronic liar - a fault linked to Satan in Christianity, the "father of lies"...

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 12:33 am

No one is sinless not even the pope

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 1:18 am

Border wall prototypes a first small step on Trump campaign promise
http://www.reuters.com

San Diego (Reuters) - Nine months after President Donald Trump took office, the first tangible signs of progress on one of the central promises of his campaign have appeared along the U.S. border with Mexico.

A couple of miles (km) from the bustling Otay Mesa border crossing in San Diego, eight towering chunks of concrete and steel stand as high as 30 feet (9 meters) tall against the sky, possible models for what Trump has promised will one day be a solid wall extending the full length of the southern border, from California to Texas.

Whether any of the eight different prototypes, constructed over the last month, become part of an actual wall remains highly uncertain.

The U.S. Congress has so far shown little interest in appropriating the estimated $21.6 billion it would cost to build the wall.

Still, border patrol officials on Monday welcomed the momentum on Trump’s pledge, which generated a groundswell of voter support that helped elect him to office.

“Our current infrastructure is well over two decades old,” Roy Villareal, deputy chief patrol agent of the U.S. Border Patrol’s San Diego sector, said during a tour with media organizations on Monday morning. “Is there need for improvement? Absolutely.”

Currently, 654 miles (1,052 km) of the 1,900-mile (3,058-km)border with Mexico is fenced, with single, double or triple fences. The second line of fencing in San Diego, about 18 feet (5.50 m) tall, has been breached nearly 2,000 times in the last three years, Villareal said.

Even if Trump’s wall never gets funded, Villareal said, the border patrol might incorporate one or more of the new wall designs as it replaces worn sections of the existing fence.

Six contractors from across the country were selected to build the eight prototypes, all of which will be completed this week.

The builders paid attention to aesthetics in their bid to win lucrative contracts. One wall segment features deep-blue steel and another has a brick facade, standing in sharp contrast to the area’s existing border fence, a ramshackle structure of corrugated steel left over from the Vietnam War.

In late November, a private company, which border patrol officials declined to name, will begin a 30- to 60-day process of testing the wall prototypes to determine how easy they would be to climb over or dig beneath.

The final selection could be a combination of the prototype designs, Villareal said.

While solid, concrete walls have a daunting presence, they might have an adverse effect on some border patrol activities, since agents would not be able to see potential crossers approaching the wall.

“It’s not so much the size of the wall, it’s the ability to see whether it’s 10 people or 30 people with ... rifles,” said Rowdy Adams, a former border patrol agent who left the agency in 2011 after 30 years. “It’s important to see that and set your response plan in place.”

Two of the eight prototypes have a see-through design.

Environmentalists have warned that a solid wall would prevent wildlife, including a dwindling population of federally protected ocelots, from crossing.

A concrete wall may also prove challenging to build without participation from some of the world’s largest concrete suppliers. Mexico’s Cemex and Switzerland’s LafargeHolcim told Reuters they were not participating in projects associated with the wall.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 1:20 am

This thread is about President Donald Trump though, Sly, isn't it? Not about anyone else. You tried to deflect it away from Trump because?

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 1:24 am

VIDEO: Illegals jump over border fence — as MSNBC reports on Trump wall!

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/video- ... rump-wall/

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 1:50 am

Well, well, well. Another illegal alien murder. And look at the classy little pistol he used - A SIG SAUER P239. Sure isn't a cheapie. Said he "found it". If you're gonna kill, might as well do it in style. Catapulting him over The Wall and giving him back to Mexico would be too good for him. He's damn lucky that I'm not on that jury.

It looks like the prosecution has his name. Very interesting how things work - I don't believe in coincidences.

Kate Steinle trial starts with opening statements, emotional testimony from father
http://www.mercurynews.com

SAN FRANCISCO — The undocumented immigrant accused of shooting and killing Pleasanton native Kate Steinle was aiming toward her and knew what he was doing, a prosecutor argued Monday at the start of a politically charged murder case that sparked a nationwide debate over immigration policy.

But a defense attorney said Steinle’s death was the result of an accidental gunshot and a “freakish ricochet” of the bullet that struck her.

The trial of Jose Ines Garcia Zarate, who allegedly shot 32-year-old Steinle on San Francisco’s Pier 14 in July 2015, kicked off on Monday with opening statements and brief but emotional testimony from Steinle’s father, who was walking with her during the shooting.

The closely watched case has attracted national attention because of its connection to immigration policy — Garcia Zarate, a Mexican citizen, was released from a San Francisco jail two and a half months before the shooting instead of being deported because of the city’s sanctuary city policy. Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump and other conservatives seized on the shooting as an argument for tougher immigration laws.

But inside Courtroom 13, the focus was on ballistics, not politics. Neither side in the trial referred to the political furor surrounding the shooting, and Garcia Zarate’s immigration status was barely mentioned.

Garcia Zarate, 45, has pleaded not guilty to second-degree murder, and his lawyers argue that the shooting was an accident — a single shot that ricocheted off the pier into Steinle’s back. The prosecution will try to convince jurors that Garcia Zarate shot recklessly at people, the standard necessary for a second-degree conviction.

Assistant District Attorney Diana Garcia started her at times dramatic opening statement by lifting up the gun, a plastic tag through its trigger.

She described the “beautiful summer afternoon” that Steinle, her father, and a family friend took a walk in San Francisco’s Embarcadero neighborhood. The group passed by Garcia Zarate on the pier, she said.

Garcia Zarate, who was spinning around in a chair on the pier, aimed “towards” Steinle with the gun and fired, Garcia argued. Steinle, who was walking with her father, fell forward.

“The only thing she could say was ‘dad, help me, help me,'” Garcia said. “Those would be her last words.”

She pointed to her own back, showing where the bullet hit Steinle.

Previewing what’s expected to be a heavy focus on the gun, a Sig Sauer P239, Garcia spent time explaining how the firearm worked and discussing how it got into Garcia Zarate’s hands. It was issued to a federal Bureau of Land Management agent who was on his way driving with his family from Southern California to Montana, and was stolen from his car. There’s no evidence that Garcia Zarate stole it, and he told police he found it on the pier.

Defense attorneys have argued that the gun may have misfired, but Garcia said it had been checked by the bureau’s armory three months before the shooting and was in perfect working order.

“It’s a very reliable, high-quality gun,” Garcia said. “It’s not the kind of gun that’s going to go off by accident.”

She acknowledged that the shooting was a ricochet skip shot, hitting the pier about 15 feet from the defendant and then ricocheting almost 80 feet farther to hit Steinle. That’s a key piece of evidence the defense points to as proof that Garcia Zarate wasn’t trying to hit her. But Garcia said that firearms experts will testify that he could have been aiming toward her while raising the gun and pulled the trigger before the weapon was high enough.

“He knew all along what he was doing,” Garcia said.

Defense lawyer Matt Gonzalez, the chief attorney in the San Francisco Public Defender’s Office, argued that Steinle’s death was an accident.

“Only a freakish ricochet, which altered the course of the bullet, caused this tragedy,” Gonzalez said. “An expert marksman could not have made this shot if he or she tried.”

He said Garcia Zarate, who was homeless, had found the gun on the pier, wrapped in a cloth, and picked it up. “He did not know he was handling a firearm,” he said.

Gonzalez also painted a very different picture of the weapon in the case, which he said has a history of accidental discharges even among law enforcement officials trained to use it. He showed jurors images of the gun manual, reading them warnings about the dangers of keeping it unsecured.

Gonzalez analyzed individual frames of an extremely grainy surveillance video shot from a nearby fireboat, arguing that it showed Garcia Zarate bending down near his chair on the pier.

Jurors also heard excerpts of the rambling, four-and-a-half-hour interview police had with Garcia Zarate the day of his arrest.

In his brief testimony, Steinle’s father James recalled the day of the shooting, when he and a family friend visited his daughter in San Francisco. The group had walked along the Embarcadero and “stopped and watched the birds and the boats” on Pier 14, he remembered. Kate snapped photos, including a selfie of the smiling group, which was shown to the jury.

The idyllic scene ended with a loud bang or pop, James said, and Kate fell forward. At first, as he tried to help her, he didn’t realize she had been shot.

“She was having trouble breathing and I couldn’t figure out what happened,” he said, his lower lip trembling uncontrollably.

Garcia Zarate, wearing a striped button-up shirt, listened to a simultaneous Spanish translation of the proceedings through large headphones.

Steinle’s mother and older brother sat in the front row of the stuffy, windowless courtroom. Two of Garcia Zarate’s family members were also present.

The jury, which was selected last week, comprises six men and six women, including three immigrants.

The trial is expected to take between six weeks and two months.

Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 2:08 am

What?! The guy was homeless and didn't know he was handling a gun?!

"Gonzalez also painted a very different picture of the weapon in the case, which he said has a history of accidental discharges even among law enforcement officials trained to use it. He showed jurors images of the gun manual, reading them warnings about the dangers of keeping it unsecured."

What a bunch of horse crap. I found that the Secret Service uses Sigs.

"The current sidearm for USSS agents is the SIG Sauer P229 chambered in .357 SIG, which entered service in 1999."

Darn, I flunked.

Hyeokgeose
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Oct 2017, 3:14 am

Hello,

As a classical liberal, I'm bound to have some sharp philosophical differences with Donald Trump. While I don't hate the man, I'm not fond of him, per what I perceive his character to be (just to give an idea, I don't strongly dislike him as I do the Clintons).

So, for instance, in regards to philosophical differences, I'm not as much as an economic nationalist as he is. For example, I would rather Ford leave the rust belt and the US entirely than be forced to stay in the rust belt and suffer under their policies. Though, at the same time, I would rather Ford move down south to Dixie like many other industrial businesses did.

As for his character, he's flopped on some issues, and well, I'm not too much of a fan of his personality as a model citizen. I will say, I do like that he's open and communicates with people on social media -- in that sense, he's more in touch with the technology of the times (still, I will never forget "covfefe").

Personally, I was supporting Ben Carson and Rand Paul. I don't agree with Carson on many issues; but, his character was just so amazing and his story awe-inspiring, I really liked him and I feel like he would've debunked a lot of the ethnic/"racial" narrative that the left pushes (for that reason, I really believe he scared them). As for Rand Paul, I align with him philosophically and on most issues.

Now, as for some positives about Trump, I like that he is fulfilling his promise of a border wall (even though I disagree with the border wall, since I see it as ineffective due to the popularity of tunnels), and I also like that he's not a globalist. Under his administration, we are leaving UNESCO -- while that's not the UN, it still feels like a step to me and a big " :heart: you" to the UN.

That's just a sample.

Overall, I would give him a D- or F in regards to my policy beliefs. Objectively, I would give him a D or C-.

Regards,
Jared

"It’s not until they tell you you’re going to die soon that you realize how short life is. Time is the most valuable thing in life because it never comes back. And whether you spend it in the arms of a loved one or alone in a prison-cell, life is what you make of it. Dream big."
-Stefán Karl Stefánsson
10 July, 1975 - 21 August, 2018.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 3:56 am

The problem with the vilification of Trump is that it's been so over the top on a daily hourly basis, I believe it long ago lost credibility with most anyone who's not caught up in it.

I bet if you go to the Washington Post or CNN online and refresh the page once an hour, there's going to be a new front page Trump bashing article coming out to literally thousands of hit pierces since the election.

It isn't difficult to understand why the massive volume of this comes off to so many, probably to most of the silent majority, as just mass hysteria rather than anything reliable.