adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 3:10 am

XenoMind wrote:
adifferentname wrote:
Seriously, do you work for Infowars?

No.
And I have a question for you, too. Are you really sure that you belong to this website rather than to some "dark triad" forum?

Your question is spurious.

Where's your evidence that Chronos "must be completely delusional" in support of your personal attack? We were promised "facts and logic".

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 6:08 pm

adifferentname wrote:

Not more than your question that implied that I'm a paid shill. So, don't be such a hypocrite. Try having some intellectual honesty.

adifferentname wrote:
Where's your evidence that Chronos "must be completely delusional" in support of your personal attack? We were promised "facts and logic".

Well, maybe not completely. Just partly delusional.
Once again, for the brightest kids in our class:
"Turing was gay and had mental problems, and the system destroyed his life completely, literally. Do you really think that being a woman is worse than that?"
If someone really thinks that being a woman is worse than being disowned by your country and chemically castrated, than that someone definitely must be delusional - i.e. "having false or unrealistic beliefs or opinions" (from the dictionary). Simple.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2018, 1:26 am

Quote:
Have you ever met a transgender person? They sound like men. They look like men.

I'm proud to say that describes me to a T. I look super masculine with a Stahlhelm on.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 6:33 am

XenoMind wrote:
adifferentname wrote:

Not more than your question that implied that I'm a paid shill. So, don't be such a hypocrite. Try having some intellectual honesty.

Your inference, not my implication. Claiming I'm a hypocrite or intellectually dishonest based on a strawman born of ignorance rather suggests that you are the intellectually dishonest hypocrite, does it not? Should I be generous and allow you to take refuge in your ignorance, or should I hold you to the standards which you've applied to others in this thread?

If you would actually like to know what my implication is, feel free to ask me rather than projecting whatever fantasy best suits your rhetoric over my words. Of course, the previous caveat still applies.

Quote:
adifferentname wrote:

In that case, if you have even an ounce of integrity, you'll retract all of the infantile personal attacks and issue an apology. I'm going to predict that you do not.

Quote:

Were I discussing the subject of other people's alleged delusions, I'd refrain from self-aggrandising rhetorical conceits.

Quote:
"Turing was gay and had mental problems, and the system destroyed his life completely, literally. Do you really think that being a woman is worse than that?"
If someone really thinks that being a woman is worse than being disowned by your country and chemically castrated, than that someone definitely must be delusional - i.e. "having false or unrealistic beliefs or opinions" (from the dictionary). Simple.

Such as the "false or unrealistic belief" that someone who cleaves to a false or unrealistic belief or opinion "must be completely delusional", or indeed the "false or unrealistic belief" that one is an educator in a classroom rather than a participant in an online discussion with a penchant for ad hominem and who presents as something of a troll.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 8:20 am

adifferentname wrote:
XenoMind wrote:
adifferentname wrote:

Your inference, not my implication. Claiming I'm a hypocrite or intellectually dishonest based on a strawman born of ignorance rather suggests that you are the intellectually dishonest hypocrite, does it not? Should I be generous and allow you to take refuge in your ignorance, or should I hold you to the standards which you've applied to others in this thread?

If you would actually like to know what my implication is, feel free to ask me rather than projecting whatever fantasy best suits your rhetoric over my words. Of course, the previous caveat still applies.

Quote:
adifferentname wrote:

In that case, if you have even an ounce of integrity, you'll retract all of the infantile personal attacks and issue an apology. I'm going to predict that you do not.

Quote:

Were I discussing the subject of other people's alleged delusions, I'd refrain from self-aggrandising rhetorical conceits.

Quote:

Such as the "false or unrealistic belief" that someone who cleaves to a false or unrealistic belief or opinion "must be completely delusional", or indeed the "false or unrealistic belief" that one is an educator in a classroom rather than a participant in an online discussion with a penchant for ad hominem and who presents as something of a troll.

Hey, you two :!:
FFS, get a room...
The sexual tension between you guys is scaring the animals... :lmao: :mrgreen:

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 1:06 pm

Pepe wrote:
FFS, get a room...

However low your opinion of the other posters might be, referring to them as "animals" is a tad distasteful.

Be honest. You just wanted some attention too. :P

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 1:28 am

adifferentname wrote:
Pepe wrote:
FFS, get a room...

However low your opinion of the other posters might be, referring to them as "animals" is a tad distasteful.

Be honest. You just wanted some attention too. :P

:lmao:
I hadn't thought about calling *people* animals...
I will have to use that next time... :mrgreen:

Test: The sexual tension between you guys is scaring the *hooman* animals...
:thumright:

Attention is good but is more about creativity and neural connectivity through different ways of thinking...
Akin to neuro-plasticity...

I embrace, rightly or wrongly, the principle: "if you don't use it you lose it..."
If you exercise your brain, you will be in a better cognitive shape when you are older...<shrug>

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 3:16 pm

adifferentname wrote:
Your inference, not my implication.

You just can't stop lying, can you? There is absolutely no way how "Seriously, do you work for Infowars?" can have different meaning.

Quote:
adifferentname wrote:
In that case, if you have even an ounce of integrity, you'll retract all of the infantile personal attacks and issue an apology.

And now you're calling me infantile. But that's not a personal attack, obviously. :D

Seriously, pal. I'm already 99.9% sure that you exhibit strong "dark triad" traits.

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 3:19 pm

Pepe wrote:
FFS, get a room...

I'm so sorry, dear Sir. Is your high horse high enough for you?

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 3:21 pm

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 3:35 pm

XenoMind wrote:
Pepe wrote:
FFS, get a room...

I'm so sorry, dear Sir. Is your high horse high enough for you?

I wander off the topic all the time too, (those on the spectrum are notorious for this), but that doesn't make it right either...
But just having a public spat isn't doing anything to help the thread and may even close it...

You can always take your grievances to private email unless your intention is to create a public display...
If it is, don't complain if others have a bit of fun...<shrug>

I'm a rationalist...
Deal with it...:mrgreen:

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 4:20 pm

Pepe wrote:
I wander off the topic all the time too, (those on the spectrum are notorious for this), but that doesn't make it right either...
But just having a public spat isn't doing anything to help the thread and may even close it...

I wasn't the one who started this "you insulted me so much, oh so incredibly much" bigotry instead of answering to my argument.

Pepe wrote:
I'm a rationalist...

This is a rare merit... and you have done nothing to prove that you're worthy so far.
Deal with it.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 6:00 pm

XenoMind wrote:
Pepe wrote:

I wasn't the one who started this "you insulted me so much, oh so incredibly much" bigotry instead of answering to my argument.

Pepe wrote:
I'm a rationalist...

This is a rare merit... and you have done nothing to prove that you're worthy so far.
Deal with it.

Errr...I can't be bothered researching where I insulted you or where I was so bigoted...
Could you copy and past it here to support your assertions?
(Please don't... Please don't...Please don't)... 8O
Not really my style... :wink:

Are you sure you haven't confused my humour with a serious, dedicated personal attack as you are doing here?

Man, oh man...How did I get sucked into this... 8O
Let me outta here! :mrgreen:

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 5:49 am

Wolfram87 wrote:

If anything, that horse isn't high enough!

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 4:23 pm

Pepe wrote:
Errr...I can't be bothered researching where I insulted you or where I was so bigoted...
Could you copy and past it here to support your assertions?
(Please don't... Please don't...Please don't)... 8O
Not really my style... :wink:

Are you sure you haven't confused my humour with a serious, dedicated personal attack as you are doing here?

Man, oh man...How did I get sucked into this... 8O
Let me outta here! :mrgreen:

"It was just a joke!" (@ authors of the Stanford Prison Experiment)
Anyway, it was about rationality. Not insulting, or believing that you aren't insulting people doesn't make you rational.