READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2018, 5:49 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Relevant Meme
VVV

Detroit is the way it is because of the collapse of the auto industry in the upper Midwest "Rust Belt" states. It has a large African American population for two reasons. First, the Great Migration of African Americans out of the South where they risked lynching in places like Mississippi for drinking at the same water fountains as whites. They moved to Northern cities like Chicago, Detroit, and NYC seeking employment. And second, because everyone who can afford to do so has left the failed and dangerous "city" of Detroit. These people were mostly white.

However, the general tone of what you posted is that Detroit was made the way it is now because black people are bad, and its the kind of thing someone on Stormfront would use as a sig pic. Shame on you Darth.

"It must be understood, that neither by word nor deed had I given Fortunato cause to doubt my good-will. I continued as was my wont, to smile in his face, and he did not perceive that my smile was at the thought of his immolation."

Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2018, 5:57 pm

Those pyramids are pretty cool.....

We would have to have a whole class-semester devoted to how the Egyptians built the pyramids without any sort of pulley system. They were incredible engineering achievements.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2018, 6:01 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
We were made by the Nephilim in the likeness of our divine father. :)

Really, I always thought it was a mad scientist named Yakub.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2018, 6:03 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Those pyramids are pretty cool.....

We would have to have a whole class-semester devoted to how the Egyptians built the pyramids without any sort of pulley system. They were incredible engineering achievements.

I look at it this way. Our skyscrapers are not going to last 2000 years.

Of course its an apples to oranges comparison though. The pyramids are solid granite, are located in a place where it almost never rains, and were never intended to be livable buildings.

Then again, they were built for the most part during Egypts Old Kingdom, meaning that when King Tut came to power they were more than a thousand years old! They were ancient even to him!

"It must be understood, that neither by word nor deed had I given Fortunato cause to doubt my good-will. I continued as was my wont, to smile in his face, and he did not perceive that my smile was at the thought of his immolation."

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2018, 6:07 pm

I believe the Pyramids were built in the 3 to 5th Dynasty---about 2600 BC to 2400 BC.

Tut ruled about 1200 BC, I believe. Around the 19th Dynasty or so.

(Actually, he ruled around 1330 BC, in the 18th Dynasty).

Yep....Truly ancient to Tut!

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2018, 2:17 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I heard they claim even the vikings were black.

:lol:

A black man in ancient Scandinavia would have developed a vitamin D deficiency.

I saw an artist's rendition of that one. For some reason the women were still white...

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2018, 5:47 am

If I am not mistaken, it started with a cult called 'Nation of Islam'. This cult believes that White people were created by an ancient black scientist then something went wrong.
Christianity was associated with white supremacy, hence why probably many african americans found this muslim cult more appealing.

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2018, 12:16 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
If I am not mistaken, it started with a cult called 'Nation of Islam'. This cult believes that White people were created by an ancient black scientist then something went wrong.
Christianity was associated with white supremacy, hence why probably many african americans found this muslim cult more appealing.

Christ was a dark skinned Jew, so its beyond idiotic that it should be a banner for white racists. Blacks in the USA view Islam as the native religion of sub saharran Africa, and that's incorrect. What their ancestors likely practiced was some form of native African fetish worship. Yes, most of the people of Africa are today either Muslims or Christians, but both of these were imported to Africa from outside.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2018, 12:24 pm

Islam, plus traditional religions, were the dominant religions in many parts of West Africa during the days of the Slave Trade.

The Islamic influence, like it does today, grows as one goes inland from the Gulf of Guinea and Atlantic Ocean.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2018, 6:30 pm

Don't know why the OP is upset about this.

A minority of Blacks believe this whacky stuff. And Blacks themselves are a minority. So only a minority of a minority believe this stuff. Its not gonna effect public policy in any way.

A minority of Blacks think that Jesus was Black.

In contrast every other Christian (White and Black) in America assumes that Jesus was a blue eyed White guy with auburn hair. Just as ridiculous. He was an "Oriental Jew" who probably looked like the Arabs, and like the modern Jews in Arab countries of the Middle East look today.

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2018, 10:56 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Don't know why the OP is upset about this.

A minority of Blacks believe this whacky stuff. And Blacks themselves are a minority. So only a minority of a minority believe this stuff. Its not gonna effect public policy in any way.

A minority of Blacks think that Jesus was Black.

In contrast every other Christian (White and Black) in America assumes that Jesus was a blue eyed White guy with auburn hair. Just as ridiculous. He was an "Oriental Jew" who probably looked like the Arabs, and like the modern Jews in Arab countries of the Middle East look today.

Its not a minority of blacks who believe this stuff, at least not in the US. I've encountered many that believe some variation of degree of this.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2018, 11:29 am

Narratives are so important to survival that quite often the question of whether the narrative is of literal truth tends to take only secondary importance to whether or not it's personally or culturally useful. This is also where the MSM can show that they're willing to write scathing articles without so much as spending 30 seconds on Google to see if they have their facts straight, it's because those facts are really still subordinate to narrative.

On a side note with that I truly picked a fascinating time, ie 2013 onward, to start studying things like Rosicrucianism, western Hermetic tradition, Golden Dawn, Manly P Hall, etc. because I see this hitting me over the head all day long when I watch the news - I don't mean conspiracy but rather something I believe occultists and esotericists took in hand far sooner than the masses, ie. the need to write your own software and custom-build narratives with certain qualitative outcomes in mind. As of right now we've got much of the western world essentially losing their isht over meaning, over discomforts we would have shouldered in past centuries, part of it is that we have the opportunities to fix things we never could before but partly also people who've previously been in oppressed societal groups are also running into the 'life sucks' wall and it can be very difficult for them to tell how much is ongoing systemic racism and sexism on one hand vs how much is shared in common with everyone else on the other. Some people are indeed looking for self-gratifying narratives to get around what they don't want to see (just as much in the fundamentalist religious camps I'd add here) while others are also trying to observe the world they live in as keenly as possible and figure out how they could build new narratives that not only handle the shape of reality and it's consequences accurately but have the sort of cultural transmission power that the objective sciences lack. It's the later group that has me the most interested.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2018, 11:37 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Narratives are so important to survival that quite often the question of whether the narrative is of literal truth tends to take only secondary importance to whether or not it's personally or culturally useful. This is also where the MSM can show that they're willing to write scathing articles without so much as spending 30 seconds on Google to see if they have their facts straight, it's because those facts are really still subordinate to narrative.

On a side note with that I truly picked a fascinating time, ie 2013 onward, to start studying things like Rosicrucianism, western Hermetic tradition, Golden Dawn, Manly P Hall, etc. because I see this hitting me over the head all day long when I watch the news - I don't mean conspiracy but rather something I believe occultists and esotericists took in hand far sooner than the masses, ie. the need to write your own software and custom-build narratives with certain qualitative outcomes in mind. As of right now we've got much of the western world essentially losing their isht over meaning, over discomforts we would have shouldered in past centuries, part of it is that we have the opportunities to fix things we never could before but partly also people who've previously been in oppressed societal groups are also running into the 'life sucks' wall and it can be very difficult for them to tell how much is ongoing systemic racism and sexism on one hand vs how much is shared in common with everyone else on the other. Some people are indeed looking for self-gratifying narratives to get around what they don't want to see (just as much in the fundamentalist religious camps I'd add here) while others are also trying to observe the world they live in as keenly as possible and figure out how they could build new narratives that not only handle the shape of reality and it's consequences accurately but have the sort of cultural transmission power that the objective sciences lack. It's the later group that has me the most interested.

Translation: They made up some feel good pseudohistory crapola because they are an oppressed group with sucky lives.

That doesn't make it OK.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2018, 12:17 pm

RainbowUnion wrote:
Translation: They made up some feel good pseudohistory crapola because they are an oppressed group with sucky lives.

That doesn't make it OK.

I'd hardly call that a translation, closer to a Newmanism, and I don't remember saying it was okay for them to make up pseudohistory.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2018, 1:22 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
RainbowUnion wrote:

That doesn't make it OK.

I'd hardly call that a translation, closer to a Newmanism, and I don't remember saying it was okay for them to make up pseudohistory.

you're right tech.

Instead of accusing you of taking 300 words to say what he said in 20 words, he should have accused you of taking 300 words to say what he said in only his first 15 words! :lol:

Both oppressing groups, and oppressed groups, have incentives to distort science and history for propaganda reasons. Thats kinda obvious.