You can have a partner in Heaven-and Have Sex there!! !

Page 3 of 6 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Tias
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2010, 2:48 am

What a loud of **** lol.
Plus i dont believe in god.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2010, 4:48 am

Moog wrote:
we will be each other. There will be no divisions, all will be one.

:!: 8O :o

That sounds like my idea of hell. I like my separateness.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2010, 5:15 am

Who_Am_I wrote:
Moog wrote:
we will be each other. There will be no divisions, all will be one.

:!: 8O :o

That sounds like my idea of hell. I like my separateness.

if you truly like your "separateness" then outer darkness is waiting for you. god is truly accomodating to all, so the spirits who like isolation will get isolation, sometimes for a very long time. but outer darkness sounds like hell to me.

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2010, 5:21 am

Sounds like losing your mind.

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2010, 1:36 pm

there is no heaven.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2010, 4:48 pm

Prove it!

Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2010, 6:46 pm

Bwahahahaha! Nice try.

Existence of something can and must be proven. If it can't be, it doesn't exist by default.

Religion and all associated "beliefs" are nothing more than social influence and collective delusion.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2010, 6:58 pm

This thread does not belong in the "Love and Dating" forum.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2010, 7:07 pm

Do you still get to yell Oh God Oh God Oh God there? :P

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2010, 8:31 pm

Dilbert wrote:
Bwahahahaha! Nice try.

Existence of something can and must be proven. If it can't be, it doesn't exist by default.

Religion and all associated "beliefs" are nothing more than social influence and collective delusion.

You're entitled to your opinions.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2010, 4:08 am

Dilbert wrote:

would beg to differ. the mere fact that something has not yet been proven doesn't mean that it will remain unproven for all time. what the smartset thinks it "knows" is but a tiny fraction of what remains which is unknown.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2010, 4:40 am

auntblabby wrote:
Dilbert wrote:

would beg to differ. the mere fact that something has not yet been proven doesn't mean that it will remain unproven for all time. what the smartset thinks it "knows" is but a tiny fraction of what remains which is unknown.

Yes, for example,did microbes exist before the invention of the microscope?

Kewona
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 May 2010, 5:10 pm

Nice little idea. But if you don't mind, I'm gonna play devil's advocate. I'm all for dreaming about what the afterlife might be like, and I certainly won't say that it can't possibly be like that, but it kind of sets alarmbells off in my head if someone is clearly preaching something for the sake of wishful thinking. A lot of us here on the forum seem to be lonely singles, so you come along and say "Hey, no worries, we'll get love in heaven".

Anyway, it's a bit christian-oriented. What about those of us who believe in other gods?

But looking at it from the christian perspective: There's one passage where Jesus tells a story of a woman who was re-married seven times, and people ask him which of those seven men will be her husband in heaven. And he replies something along the lines of that no one is cause we're not married in heaven, something like that.

Also, I find the idea a bit too idealistic, because the sad truth is, that some of us have more than one Love-of-our-life. We can be happily married, and then our partner dies, and then years later we meet another person whom we love just as much. It would be kind of sad to sort of dismiss the first partner as not having been the right one after all..

auntblabby wrote:
Dilbert wrote:

Science agrees with Dilbert here. If I claim that fairies exist, people won't believe me. Fairies will be considered non-existant by science until one has been filmed/documented. No, the fact we've never seen one doesn't disprove the fact that fairies exist, and we're free to believe whatever, but the default really is to assume it doesn't exist.

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2010, 12:19 am

Kewona wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Dilbert wrote:

Science agrees with Dilbert here. If I claim that fairies exist, people won't believe me. Fairies will be considered non-existant by science until one has been filmed/documented. No, the fact we've never seen one doesn't disprove the fact that fairies exist, and we're free to believe whatever, but the default really is to assume it doesn't exist.

Science has not proven, or demonstrated, that God or the little pink fairy or the flying spaghetti monster doesn't exist. I'll go a bit further than that and say I don't believe science can even address this question, with "God" suitably defined. Personally, I don't believe that anybody has the means to present God and at the same time reasonably manage to persuade everyone that the God being presented is indeed God. Thus, I do not believe that the hypothesis "God does not exist" is falsifiable (assuming nobody has the means to present God and we don't all have the ability to recognise God upon witnessing it), so I do not believe that it is scientific. I imagine we both agree that "God exists" is not falsifiable either, with present methods.

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2010, 12:55 am

While this started as L&D, I am moving it to PPR since the subject and tone is no longer in line with that subforum.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2010, 5:46 am

Aimless wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Dilbert wrote:

Yes, for example,did microbes exist before the invention of the microscope?

They did. Think of all the plagues that vexed mankind before lenses were invented. And the sun had more than six planets before lenses were invented.

ruveyn