Page 1 of 6 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2010, 4:41 am

Black people are hated for the same reason we are; because they're different.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2010, 11:11 am

Pistonhead wrote:
That's why Africans traded captive members of other tribes to America to use as slaves. They didn't deserve it, it's not like they brought it on themselves by selling their "brothers" into slavery.

In the meantime, millions of white people around the world were weaving daisies into each others hair, baking wholesome apple pies and simply fainting at the terrible behaviour of those horrible black people.

Quote:
Only dozens? At my middle school there were 2 dozen "minorities" in every non-advanced class. They really aren't all that decent, at least not in the ghettos here. You don't even pull into grovers unless you want to get shot. Oh and did I mention there are drug busts not even a block from my middle school? Oh and one of my ex friend's friend's boyfriends just got caught selling crack and he's black.

Thus proving that all blacks are evil, criminal non-equals who don't deserve the benefit of doubt, as they're all rightfully tarred with the same brush.

Quote:
It is a wonder they have boyfriends, most black guys try to date blonde girls, most white guys try to date asian or white girls, etc.

:roll:

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2010, 12:35 pm

They're just jealous because black people don't turn into cooked lobsters in the sun. It's the Culture of Envy I say!

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2010, 1:22 pm

xenon13 wrote:
They're just jealous because black people don't turn into cooked lobsters in the sun. It's the Culture of Envy I say!

I knew an african american who got really bad sunburn already so yah XD

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2010, 2:49 pm

adifferentname wrote:
Thus proving that all blacks are evil, criminal non-equals who don't deserve the benefit of doubt, as they're all rightfully tarred with the same brush.

I didn't say that, I've had plenty of black friends myself but if you stuck an average black guy and an average white guy in front of me and asked me which one sells drugs, is in a gang and has shot at cops I would choose the black guy. Now of course you give the white guy a Hells Angels vest or something I'd choose the white guy.

What people's problem is is there are too many people who are too racist and too many people who are scared to hell of racism. There is a healthy medium where you can accept life's lessons and not demote yourself to being a complete as*hole to people who haven't done any harm to you.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2010, 5:21 pm

imo the hatred and hostility doesn't necessarily come from racial differences but cultural ones. i notice that black people who adapt more to white/english ways are met with far less hostility than ones who don't

Pistonhead wrote:
I didn't say that, I've had plenty of black friends myself but if you stuck an average black guy and an average white guy in front of me and asked me which one sells drugs, is in a gang and has shot at cops I would choose the black guy.

i think that's probably more to do with wealth/poverty than some kind of intrinsic racial traits- black people are more likely to be poor in 'white' countries because their families are more likely to have only immigrated in recent generations(?). i have black cousins and white cousins and both sell drugs. A middle class black boy isn't likely to take a dramatic U-turn into a life of drugs and crime purely because of his race...

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2010, 5:58 pm

Poverty and hate topic

Historically, and in the US south, African Americans have been economically disenfrancised, that is, poor. There were poor whites as well, and to make themselves feel better these poor whites looked down on their AA neighbours instead of seeing a common bond.

In the days of slavery and that state of being called white privilege, only the very rich could afford slaves, and this condition made whites feel very superior and entitled to treat the less fortunate like crap. Poor and Black are terms that have become so intertwined in US history and in a country that prides itself on individual accomplishment and a distrust of big government, AAs who are poor have only themselves to blame since slavery was ended. Also, in the South most of the good old boys did not vote for emancipation and civil rights and left towns in droves when AAs moved in to economically distressed regions. So they were blamed again when they did not make it when the whites moved out. This is called blaming the victim, and it is a false, simple and backhanded way of dealing with a complicated and deep seated issue. It takes a very astute individual to step back and realize that blaming and hating the victim is the wrong approach. Lack of trust and hatred has resulted in a horrible mess that still reverberates after more than two hundred and thirty years after the founding of the US. :roll:

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2010, 6:38 pm

Pistonhead wrote:
adifferentname wrote:

I didn't say that, I've had plenty of black friends myself but if you stuck an average black guy and an average white guy in front of me and asked me which one sells drugs, is in a gang and has shot at cops I would choose the black guy. Now of course you give the white guy a Hells Angels vest or something I'd choose the white guy.

What people's problem is is there are too many people who are too racist and too many people who are scared to hell of racism. There is a healthy medium where you can accept life's lessons and not demote yourself to being a complete as*hole to people who haven't done any harm to you.

Go high enough up that drug chain and you'll find a white guy dressed in an expensive suit. Gang culture isn't as big a problem for me as the people who make fortunes exploiting it.

Your willingness to judge a book by its cover is part of the problem. Sure, there are black people who are in gangs and commit crimes, but this is a result of environment, not the colour of their skin. It most certainly is not a satisfactory reason to discriminate against all poverty stricken black people either.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2010, 8:17 pm

OneStepBeyond wrote:
i think that's probably more to do with wealth/poverty than some kind of intrinsic racial traits- black people are more likely to be poor in 'white' countries

Oddly enough in America I heard a couple years ago that the average income in households was going down for every race except blacks, blacks are actually according to that news report moving up in the world (or reporting income from major drug deals....that was a joke, at least in part).

I do think that white behavior is more acceptable in today's society and I'm biased in that way myself. I hate the "gangsta" "urban" and whatever else people want to call current trends.

adifferentname wrote:
Go high enough up that drug chain and you'll find a white guy dressed in an expensive suit. Gang culture isn't as big a problem for me as the people who make fortunes exploiting it.

Your willingness to judge a book by its cover is part of the problem.

The higher up in the chain you go the less people there are. While there is one dude up there living it up there are hundreds of bottom tier dealers. While I'm all for cutting the head off the monster, dealers aren't innocent either.

AW
Raven
Raven

25 Oct 2010, 9:03 pm

Ok so I'm from Australia. Until recently ( last four years really), I had never heard of racism still existing in society- but clearly outside of my little bubble there was.
But in my area there is no racism. If I see a person with black skin, or any other colour, I do not look at them and note: "hey, they had black skin", even if I don't judge them by it. I just don't. I can't judge personalities, whether good or bad, by skin. It's mentally impossible for me.
I'm saddened to hear that appearances still seem to matter in our world. I.e. for example does any other creature do so except in relation to other sexes? No- look for example of all the different dogs on a beach running around happily sniffing each others bottoms :lol:
they don't care what they look like 8)

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2010, 9:07 pm

BrandonSP wrote:
I've noticed that black people seem to be the targets of a lot of hostility from other races. In fact, I've even met black people who didn't like other black people very much. I find this really bothersome not only because I know how black people have been oppressed throughout history, but also because I don't think black people really deserve all the flack they get.

I've met dozens of of black people here in the US, and in general they seem to be as decent as people from any other race. Sure there are some nasty black people out there---for instance, a black man once pulled out a knife and threatened to kill me for looking at his girlfriend, although fortunately the girl pushed him away---but as far as I can tell, they are outnumbered by nice, friendly black people. They are not all the violent, rude, and loud barbarians that people like to whine about.

Are most of the black people I've run into atypical, or are they nice to me because I treat them better than other non-blacks do?

Also, I know I've said this more than once, but I think black women are hot. Unfortunately they all seem to already have boyfriends.

Black people aren't hated. However, there is a cultural carry-over in America from the time when slavery ended in the 1800's up to the early 1970's such that there has been arbitrary hatred of them previously and now a perception of hatred has continually been instilled in the generations since. As such the continued indoctrination of paranoia prolongs attitudes which enables arbitrary hatred to redevelop. It's somewhat like the situation in the movie Die Hard 3, such as a perception of racism and a persistence in the focusing upon superficial differences just continues to bring the absurd subject into the topic of conversation.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2010, 9:26 pm

Pistonhead wrote:

adifferentname wrote:

Your willingness to judge a book by its cover is part of the problem.

The higher up in the chain you go the less people there are. While there is one dude up there living it up there are hundreds of bottom tier dealers. While I'm all for cutting the head off the monster, dealers aren't innocent either.

The point is not numerical, it's that crime is not restricted to one race or subculture. It's that by answering your own question with 'it must be the black guy' labels you racist, which is an integral part of the problem.

It is also a question of scale. The guy sitting at the top of the drug pyramid is profiting from the damage done to every single life affected by all those beneath him. And besides this, petty dealers who fulfill a - albeit illegal - gap in the market are hardly morally destitute monsters, devoid of any value. I have more acceptance for a person (of any skin tone) passing weed amongst his or her friends than I do - for example - for a government sanctioned invasion of another country in the name of profit.

The problems with your country should not be laid at the feet of the black population.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2010, 9:38 pm

Where did I ever say *MUST*?

Your second paragraph I agree with, drugs aren't the worst things on earth but that market pays for worse things like violence. Which I don't approve of even less. Also note that I mentioned CRACK which is not WEED it's a far harder drug. How about we start talking about meth? Which is a very white-redneck drug. Believe me, I lived in the meth capital of Florida. Do you have any idea how bad just the process of making meth is? You don't just plant a seed and let it grow.

The problems with this country I blame on republicans, rich fat white redneck men.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2010, 9:50 pm

There are so many factors involved in racial issues, that it's impossible to pinpoint a reason that fits across the board.

One key factor is socio-economic status that was severely limited due to slavery and the lack of the government following through with reparations at the time it was needed. (getting land for families, jobs... etc.) The affects of this are still seen today. A lot just lost faith they would ever truly be financially independent and just started living off the government. They taught their children this way of life, and thus generational welfare was created.

Another key factor is the areas in which these people come from. They are not born with the same advantages and often become stuck.

Both of these play a part in how other races view them, and in turn how they treat them.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2010, 10:24 pm

Pistonhead wrote:
Where did I ever say *MUST*?

When I stated, "by answering your own question with 'it must be the black guy' labels you racist", I meant to imply a general 'you', rather than you specifically. I can see how that could be misinterpreted as I was technically addressing your point. My apologies if it seemed I was putting words in your mouth.

Quote:
Your second paragraph I agree with, drugs aren't the worst things on earth but that market pays for worse things like violence. Which I don't approve of even less. Also note that I mentioned CRACK which is not WEED it's a far harder drug.

The violence associated with drug crime would happen with or without illegal drugs, but that technicality is hardly relevant. Crack is, of course, a harder drug than weed - but neither causes as many problems as alcohol. Especially on the violence front.

Quote:
How about we start talking about meth? Which is a very white-redneck drug. Believe me, I lived in the meth capital of Florida. Do you have any idea how bad just the process of making meth is? You don't just plant a seed and let it grow.

I know more about the production of populace-controlling substances than I'd like, as the more I learn the more it depresses me.

Quote:
The problems with this country I blame on republicans, rich fat white redneck men.

But that's just as bad as blaming black people. The problems in the US - as with in any other country - are the responsibility of every single person therein. If there's a problem with crime then society failed, not just the perpetrators. If there's a problem with greed and poor education, society failed. If there's a problem with groups of people blaming other groups of people in a bid to keep the spotlight off themselves, society failed.

Rich, fat, white redneck men are society's fault too.

But I'm sure that the various factions on this board, as well as elsewhere, will happily ignore this fact and start slinging the mud again.

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2010, 1:18 am

auntblabby wrote:
they are a convenient target for the haters. if they didn't exist, some other color or status of humanity would suffice as targets of hate. human nature being the nasty thing it is, i don't know when this endemic need to hate will all end, or where.

With all the hatred towards hispanics here in Arizona, you kinda forget about the blacks.