Page 22 of 27 [ 418 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 27  Next

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2012, 7:49 pm

LKL wrote:
Quote:
Yes, I've heard of these contraptions. Even so, the vagina is likely to become moist, and to remain moist for some time post coitus.

Darlin,' that happens fairly often, whether there's sex or not.

Accordin' to the Republican Party Platform, that would depend on whether she was askin' for it or not. :wink:

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2012, 10:42 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
LKL wrote:
Quote:
Yes, I've heard of these contraptions. Even so, the vagina is likely to become moist, and to remain moist for some time post coitus.

Accordin' to the Republican Party Platform, that would depend on whether she was askin' for it or not. :wink:

Stop drinking the Kool-aid...

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2012, 11:08 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
LKL wrote:
Quote:

Sometimes it's hormonal and not related to external stimuli at all. It's also been shown that, to some extent and for some women, it's a defense mechanism to help prevent injury, as opposed to exclusively a response to arousal.
Please don't 'wink' when you're talking about rape. Your target may be the republicans, but it's still not funny.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 1:54 am

LKL wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
LKL wrote:
Quote:

Sometimes it's hormonal and not related to external stimuli at all. It's also been shown that, to some extent and for some women, it's a defense mechanism to help prevent injury, as opposed to exclusively a response to arousal.
Please don't 'wink' when you're talking about rape. Your target may be the republicans, but it's still not funny.

And people wonder why I have such a low opinion of liberals... No Republican is in favor of women being raped, I know the DNC claims otherwise, but if you look at their "beloved" Bill Clinton, seems to me we see more sexual abuse being celebrated by Democrats.

Akins said something that was very poorly worded, he isn't experienced on the national stage, and worded something poorly.

Mourdoch's statements were poorly worded, however when you stop and think about it, he never advocated women being raped. He was making the point that the child was still a child of God, like any other child; and not some spawn of satan like pro-abortion fanatics claim.

How about instead of the smear-a-thon, you actually stop and think about the fact that pro-lifers may actually have a valid argument.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 3:55 am

AspieRogue wrote:
First of all, that study is quite dated(14 years ago).

It's results were replicated in another meta-analysis in The Scientific review of Mental Health Practice in 2005-2006.
http://www.ipce.info/library_3/files/rb ... /frame.htm

And this study *explicitly* incorporated the methodological criticism previously raised against the validity of the Rind et al. study.

Oh, and the age of a study does not in itself have an influence on its validity.

AspieRogue wrote:
Second of all, it is a STATISTICAL STUDY and you cannot prove anything with statistics!

So I guess all those people working in statistical mechanics (like Maxwell and Einstein) were just charlatans...

AspieRogue wrote:
WTF makes you think that this single study somehow represents the opinion of the modern psychological establishment?

First of all, I couldn't care less about the *opinion* of the modern psychological establishment. I care about the evidence.

Oh, and this (page 27 in the article):

Applying the above criteria produced 59 usable studies (see the Appendix) consisting of 36 published studies, 21 unpublished dissertations and 2 unpublished master's theses. These studies yielded 70 independent samples for estimating prevalence rates, , 54 independent samples for computing 54 sample-level 214 symptom level effect sizes, 21 independent samples that provided retrospectively recalled reaction data, 10 independent samples that provided data on current reflections, and 11 independent samples that reported data on self-reported effects. Prevalence rates were based on 35,703 participants (13,704 men and 21,999 women). Effect size for psychological correlates were based on 15,824 participants (3,254 men from 18 samples and 12,570 women from 40 samples).

"Single study" :roll:?

And as mentioned earlier, the American Association for the Advancement of Science found no fault with the study (despite the US senate condemning it in a 100-0 vote)... I guess they didn't care about *opinions* either...

AspieRogue wrote:
A big reason I question the accuracy of this study is the text quoted below from the article(in bold). I hope you understand.

From the article:

Problems of scientific validity of the term CSA are perhaps
most apparent when contrasting cases such as the repeated rape
of a 5-year-old girl by her father and the willing sexual involvement
of a mature 15-year-old adolescent boy with an unrelated
adult. Although the former case represents a clear violation of
the person with implications for serious harm, the latter may
represent only a violation of social norms with no implication
for personal harm (Bauserman & Rind, 1997). By combining
events likely to produce harm with those that are not into a
unitary category of CSA, valid understanding of the pathogenicity
of CSA is threatened (Okami, 1994). The tendency by researchers
to label cases such as the latter as abuse reflects the
slippage of legal and moral constructs into scientific definitions
(Okami, 1990, 1994). Basing scientific classifications of sexual
behavior on legal and moral criteria was pervasive a half century
ago (Kinsey, Pomeroy, & Martin, 1948); more recently, this
practice has been confined to a much smaller set of sexual
behaviors, particularly those labeled CSA.
With these caveats in mind regarding the scientific shortcomings
of the term CSA, we have nevertheless retained it for use
in the current article because of its pervasive use in the scientific
literature and because many researchers as well as lay persons
view all types of sociolegally defined CSA as harmful.

Actually, now you are proving *my* point. The Rind et al. study questioned the validity of the term "Child Sexual Abuse" (CSA) because the term is "Begging the Question", thus assuming that a certain activity is harmful before actually investigating whether this is true or not. In fact, on page 46, based on their review of existing studies, they reach the conclusion that CSA is not a scientifically meaningful term at all, as it encompassed psychological categories with very different characteristics.

Oh, and that particular passage is irrelevant to the statistical evidence provided, so I fail to see how it can challenge the "accuracy" of the article.

They could of course have used more scientifically neutral terms like "Adult-Child-Sex" or "Adult-Adolescent Sex" (as suggested on page 46), but then the political fallout would probably have been even worse.

mds_02 wrote:
That study is flawed. It depends on self-reported reactions to the abuse, then concludes that men don't respond as negatively as women. It does not, however, take into account the fact that men are far less likely to admit to emotional distress.

You of course have scientific evidence to back up this claim, right? And BTW, Is your claim even falsifiable?:

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 5:59 pm

This argument that boys aren't traumatized if a woman sexually abuses them is a load of garbage. There are actually as many pressures if not more on a boy to not report it.

Example: "A boy can't be raped by a woman."

Example: "Is there something wrong with you, cause it should have been the most wonderful thing in your life?"

Sexual abuse causes psychological damage to children regardless of what gender the child is.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 7:04 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
And people wonder why I have such a low opinion of liberals...

Nobody wonders why you have a low opinion of "liberals." You watch Fox News.

Inuyasha wrote:
No Republican is in favor of women being raped

God's will is God's will.

Inuyasha wrote:
Akins said something that was very poorly worded, he isn't experienced on the national stage, and worded something poorly.

He said what he meant, and meant what he said. At least he didn't sugar-coat it.

Inuyasha wrote:
Mourdoch's statements were poorly worded, however when you stop and think about it,

We've thought about him long enough. Time to move on.

Inuyasha wrote:
How about instead of the smear-a-thon, you actually stop and think about the fact that pro-lifers may actually have a valid argument.

They actually don't have a valid argument.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 8:13 pm

Hey ArrantPariah, you're kinda proof that it's easy for someone to be okay with abortion when you dehumanize the child.

Well I think it's time to start to introduce you to people that survived an abortion (they were the baby not the mother):

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwFIEprF_9Y[/youtube]

Posted this on another thread but considering you want to continue to smear Republicans and other pro-lifers on this thread.

So question is are you going to continue to say the woman in the above video should have died, and doesn't have the right to exist? Cause that's what you are saying currently.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2012, 7:31 am

Inuyasha wrote:
Hey ArrantPariah, you're kinda proof that it's easy for someone to be okay with abortion when you dehumanize the child.

And, you're "kinda" proof that it is easy for someone to be okay with rape when you dehumanize the lady.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2012, 7:36 am

Inuyasha wrote:
This argument that boys aren't traumatized if a woman sexually abuses them is a load of garbage.

Absolutely no-one made that argument.

Inuyasha wrote:
Sexual abuse causes psychological damage to children regardless of what gender the child is.

And, regardless of whether actual "abuse" occurred?

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2012, 1:15 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

And, you're "kinda" proof that it is easy for someone to be okay with rape when you dehumanize the lady.

I'm actually debating whether or not what you just said would qualify as flaming and if I should report you for it.

I actually have a distant cousin that was a victim of statutory rape (her boss at a place fast food restaurant she was working at)... She chose to keep the child rather than butchering him. I was at her wedding about a year or so ago (she married a boy she knew back in high school that had moved back to Indiana about 2 years ago) her son whom was about 6 or 7 at the time was the ring bearer at the wedding.

I want the SOB that raped my cousin to be castrated, I think he's a scumbag (well that's kinda insulting scumbags). However, her son looks nothing like the monster that raped her, and is a very nice kid. When I see people pushing for abortion, I see people saying that my cousin's son doesn't have the right to live and should have been put down like a rabid animal.

If you ever make a comment like that directed towards me again, I will report you for flaming me, IS THAT CLEAR?

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2012, 1:23 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
When I see people pushing for abortion, I see people saying that my cousin's son doesn't have the right to live and should have been put down like a rabid animal.

That's not what people are saying. No-one is saying that all foetuses that have been conceived as a result of rape should be forcibly aborted, but equally that women shouldn't be forced into the horror of being forced to give birth to their rapist's child.

Would you rather be a child that is wanted by her mother and therefore looks after you well growing up or not?

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2012, 1:29 pm

Tequila wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
When I see people pushing for abortion, I see people saying that my cousin's son doesn't have the right to live and should have been put down like a rabid animal.

That's not what people are saying. No-one is saying that all foetuses that have been conceived as a result of rape should be forcibly aborted, but equally that women shouldn't be forced into the horror of being forced to give birth to their rapist's child.

Would you rather be a child that is wanted by her mother and therefore looks after you well growing up or not?

There is such thing as adoption Tequila and honestly I'm responding to an individual's statements which I will quote again:

ArrantPariah wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

I actually know some people whom were adopted and they turned out perfectly okay and were raised by parents whom loved them even though they weren't related to them by blood.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2012, 1:46 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
There is such thing as adoption Tequila

You still want to force a woman to give birth to her rapist's child. There are other problems with adoption, too.

I think that all options should be left open in cases where the woman has been raped.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2012, 1:51 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
God's will is God's will.

Which god The demon monster evil god that Christians worship?

Or the demon monster god that Muslims worship?

At least the Jewish god can get if for you wholesale.

ruveyn

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2012, 1:55 pm

ruveyn wrote:
At least the Jewish god can get if for you wholesale.

:lol: