Page 1 of 17 [ 266 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

10 Jan 2011, 10:49 pm

David Frum thinks marijuana is to blame

Quote:
After horrific shootings, we hear calls for stricter regulation of guns. The Tucson shooting should remind us why we regulate marijuana.

After the Tucson shooting, there may be renewed pressure to control the weapons that committed the crime. But what about the drugs that may have aggravated the killer’s mental disease? The trend these days seems toward a more casual attitude and easier access to those drugs. Among the things we should be discussing in the aftermath of this horror is the accumulating evidence of those drugs’ potential contribution to making some dangerous people even more dangerous than they might otherwise have been.

New York Daily News apparently thinks he's a satanist

Quote:
A sinister shrine reveals a chilling occult dimension in the mind of the deranged gunman accused of shooting a member of Congress and 19 others.

Hidden within a camouflage tent behind Jared Lee Loughner's home sits an alarming altar with a skull sitting atop a pot filled with shriveled oranges.

A row of ceremonial candles and a bag of potting soil lay nearby, photos reveal.

Experts on Sunday said the elements are featured in the ceremonies of a number of occult groups.

Apparently the guy was an atheist, Tea Party supporting, communist, hard money advocating, liberal, flag burning, satanist, far left, far right, pot smoking, constitutionalist, nihilist, independent, military reject, antisemite, racist.

I seriously hate everyone that is trying to further their agenda with this tragedy. You people make me sick.

The questions that I want answered is why did this guy fall thru the cracks? All the signs were there. Apparently he has given death threats before and if he had been prosecuted for even one of those he would not of been able to buy his weapon. What medications was this kid on? Why the hell wasn't there any police at this event? Why did it take 15 minutes for them to show up to the scene? I just see complete incompetence on so many parts.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 10:58 pm

He was no commie and he was no atheist either. He was anti-establishment and that includes religion. But only reason some people have to think of him as an atheist is that he said "I won't trust in God", it seems it is taken out of context, and the context was related to coins' "In God we trust".

He was a crazy right-winger. The human brain is to blame.

Killing people is illegal. That did not stop him.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 11:14 pm

Seriously? Are you trying to troll? You're contradicting and making and ass out of yourself. Lets not say he's an atheist, that's taken out context but he's obviously a right winger tho because of the same out of context internet postings. The context was that he was completely delusional and out of his mind. Yea he was anti-government, he was anti-government because he thought the government was using mind control against him. One of the basic tenants of all Tea Partier's beliefs. :roll:

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 11:37 pm

Jacoby wrote:
David Frum thinks marijuana is to blame

Quote:
After horrific shootings, we hear calls for stricter regulation of guns. The Tucson shooting should remind us why we regulate marijuana.

After the Tucson shooting, there may be renewed pressure to control the weapons that committed the crime. But what about the drugs that may have aggravated the killer’s mental disease? The trend these days seems toward a more casual attitude and easier access to those drugs. Among the things we should be discussing in the aftermath of this horror is the accumulating evidence of those drugs’ potential contribution to making some dangerous people even more dangerous than they might otherwise have been.

New York Daily News apparently thinks he's a satanist

Quote:
A sinister shrine reveals a chilling occult dimension in the mind of the deranged gunman accused of shooting a member of Congress and 19 others.

Hidden within a camouflage tent behind Jared Lee Loughner's home sits an alarming altar with a skull sitting atop a pot filled with shriveled oranges.

A row of ceremonial candles and a bag of potting soil lay nearby, photos reveal.

Experts on Sunday said the elements are featured in the ceremonies of a number of occult groups.

Apparently the guy was an atheist, Tea Party supporting, communist, hard money advocating, liberal, flag burning, satanist, far left, far right, pot smoking, constitutionalist, nihilist, independent, military reject, antisemite, racist.

I seriously hate everyone that is trying to further their agenda with this tragedy. You people make me sick.

The questions that I want answered is why did this guy fall thru the cracks? All the signs were there. Apparently he has given death threats before and if he had been prosecuted for even one of those he would not of been able to buy his weapon. What medications was this kid on? Why the hell wasn't there any police at this event? Why did it take 15 minutes for them to show up to the scene? I just see complete incompetence on so many parts.
Yeah this is getting ridiculous. Weed? What the f**k? Now this tragedy is cheapened into a justification for the War on Drugs? I am in fact stoned right now and I've been jamming away at my electric guitar learning to play some tabs since my last hit. I haven't felt an urge to go on a shooting spree so far :roll:

And exactly, he was anti-government for reasons no sane right winger would stand behind. I'm for small government socially and fiscally and I'm pretty sure my actions so far are the product of my own free will. That and the electric guitar sounds so much sweeter from the high so that's a big influence for me jamming away lol.

bjcirceleb
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Jan 2011, 11:46 pm

The simple fact is that some people are evil, and every single person is going to have their own views of it and are going to blame something. Where is the evidence that he was mentally ill??? People with a mental illness are actually LESS likely to commit crimes than the average person and more likely to be victims of crime. But we have to blame something, and the easiest thing to do is to say that he was crazy and sure in his own way he was, but does killing a heap of people automatically make you mentally ill?? The only thing I have heard as supposed "evidence" that he was mentally ill was that he was at college and would apparently at times speak when it was not appropriate to do so. Honestly every single person has at times spoken when they shouldn't have. People will do anything they can to find a reason why he did what he did and the reality is that there is no one reason. Put every single thing together in combination and you have a lethal coctail and that is propably the best answer you will get. He may have had some form of emotional problems, he may have made threats before, he may be of this thought pattern, there was not adequate security, he could get hold of a gun, etc, etc. To say that one of them was the reason he did it is niave to me. I doubt that only one thing caused him to do what he did, but put every single thing together and you get what I see as lethal coctail. But to admit to that, means that the one thing that a person agrees with was partially to blame and to be honest everything was partially to blame, well that is the way that I see it.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 11:48 pm

bjcirceleb wrote:
The simple fact is that some people are evil, and every single person is going to have their own views of it and are going to blame something. Where is the evidence that he was mentally ill??? People with a mental illness are actually LESS likely to commit crimes than the average person and more likely to be victims of crime. But we have to blame something, and the easiest thing to do is to say that he was crazy and sure in his own way he was, but does killing a heap of people automatically make you mentally ill?? The only thing I have heard as supposed "evidence" that he was mentally ill was that he was at college and would apparently at times speak when it was not appropriate to do so. Honestly every single person has at times spoken when they shouldn't have. People will do anything they can to find a reason why he did what he did and the reality is that there is no one reason. Put every single thing together in combination and you have a lethal coctail and that is propably the best answer you will get. He may have had some form of emotional problems, he may have made threats before, he may be of this thought pattern, there was not adequate security, he could get hold of a gun, etc, etc. To say that one of them was the reason he did it is niave to me. I doubt that only one thing caused him to do what he did, but put every single thing together and you get what I see as lethal coctail. But to admit to that, means that the one thing that a person agrees with was partially to blame and to be honest everything was partially to blame, well that is the way that I see it.

Therefore killing a bunch of defenseless people including a kid must be considered proper behavior for a rational well controlled individual.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 11:53 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Seriously? Are you trying to troll? You're contradicting and making and ass out of yourself. Lets not say he's an atheist, that's taken out context but he's obviously a right winger tho because of the same out of context internet postings.

He was crazy and a right-winger. You'll lie to yourself if you think he was not in the right just because he is crazy. Clearly, those impairments are not mutually-exclusive.

There's a bunch of videos that show his political view. He is even registered to the republican. At this point you cannot just make things up and claim he wasn't a right wing nut.

In the case of atheism, there is just a statement he made "I won't trust in God". Even the statement shows that he actually believes in God but he won't trust him.

If you think the whole right wing stuff is taken out of context, then show it and prove it or at least explain why you think it is taken out of context, see my post up there? It is easy to show the lack of context of a claim, that you didn't bother doing so, fuels my theory that with, or without context the guy was completely a right-wing nut. Do not escape the question. Do not just claim that it is taken out of context without explaining how. Do not try ignoring the rest of the reality just because he was crazy.

Another thing you are doing is dismiss the effects of Marijuana. Look, I am an anti-drug war guy that wishes for all drugs to be legal and end the pro-alcohol double standard. I know that Marijuana cannot kill you from overdose and is overall much healthier than alcohol. But I also know that high doses of it can increase paranoia, and this guy seemed very paranoid.

I think that overall everything contributed a little. His marijuana abuse, perhaps his own schizophrenia, and the violent speech from the radical US right wing. His lack of trust in religion or God to fix the problems he was 'seeing' in this world probably helped as well. All that s**t piles up and causes things like this. To just call him Schizophrenic and stop the discussion is not productive is it? All Schizophrenic people in the world would probably take offense that you think that condition alone is enough to cause such a shooting spree...

Last edited by Vexcalibur on 11 Jan 2011, 12:08 am, edited 3 times in total.

jamieboy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2011, 12:00 am

Everytime a warplane drops a bomb on a civilian target the pilot is not considered mentally ill. Anytime a soldier shoots a stranger in a war he is not considered mentally ill either. I think it's debatable that the shooter should be considered mentally ill because he is a violent non-government actor rather than a government one.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2011, 12:05 am

jamieboy wrote:
Everytime a warplane drops a bomb on a civilian target the pilot is not considered mentally ill. Anytime a soldier shoots a stranger in a war he is not considered mentally ill either. I think it's debatable that the shooter should be considered mentally ill because he is a violent non-government actor rather than a government one.

Absolutely! Exploding bombs on helpless civilians and blowing up crowds of people is the sanest thing in the world. History has proven time and again how normal this human behavior is.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2011, 12:06 am

Vexcalibur wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Seriously? Are you trying to troll? You're contradicting and making and ass out of yourself. Lets not say he's an atheist, that's taken out context but he's obviously a right winger tho because of the same out of context internet postings.
Ok he is an atheist right winger.

It is moronic that some people are trying to make him look like a left winger. He is even registered to the republican party.

He was crazy and a right-winger. You'll lie to yourself if you think he was not in the right just because he is crazy. Clearly, those impairments are not mutually-exclusive.

Where did you hear that? He was a registered independent and didn't vote since 2008. People are calling him left wing because that's what some of the people that knew him said.(Not people on the internet/media trying to psychoanalyze him) It doesn't matter what his political affiliation was. John Wayne Gacy was a democrat, what does it matter?

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2011, 12:13 am

You know for all people claim Glenn Beck is crazy, right now if Glenn Beck is crazy then what does that make certain people on this board, completely insane psychopaths?!?!?

http://nation.foxnews.com/culture/2011/ ... ck-stop-it

Seems Glenn Beck is calling it for what it is, the guy was just plain nuts.

O'Reilly's take on what is going on:

http://nation.foxnews.com/arizona-shoot ... itation-it

jamieboy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2011, 12:14 am

Sand wrote:
jamieboy wrote:

Absolutely! Exploding bombs on helpless civilians and blowing up crowds of people is the sanest thing in the world. History has proven time and again how normal this human behavior is.

There's a great documentary on Youtube about the Weather Underground and what they found societies attitudes to their violent acts against property were compared with same societies atttitudes to 2 million dead Indochinese. The corporate media controls what is violence and what isn't.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2011, 12:18 am

jamieboy wrote:
Sand wrote:
jamieboy wrote:

There's a great documentary on Youtube about the Weather Underground and what they found societies attitudes to their violent acts against property were compared with same societies atttitudes to 2 million dead Indochinese. The corporate media controls what is violence and what isn't.

Yeah, trying to kill a Judge and his family is perfectly acceptable... :roll:

Again, watch this:

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2011, 12:20 am

jamieboy wrote:

wasn't that that whole POINT of Heller's "Catch-22?"

jamieboy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2011, 12:21 am

Inuyasha wrote:
You know for all people claim Glenn Beck is crazy, right now if Glenn Beck is crazy then what does that make certain people on this board, completely insane psychopaths?!?!?

This is the same Bill O'reilly that lied to his viewers saying that Iraq had links to 9/11 resulting in the death of upto a million Iraqis and thousands of US troops. I don't think i'll be taking any lectures on morality from him. Fox News is evil and repugnant.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2011, 12:23 am

jamieboy wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

This is the same Bill O'reilly that lied to his viewers saying that Iraq had links to 9/11 resulting in the death of upto a million Iraqis and thousands of US troops. I don't think i'll be taking any lectures on morality from him. Fox News is evil and repugnant.

They are behaving more rationally and decently than you are so what does that make you? Get over your irrational hatred of Fox News and Conservatives already, jeeze.