Muslim families in Winnipeg want children excused from

Page 6 of 19 [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 19  Next

murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2011, 7:59 pm

I don't need to re-write it, you just read something into it that you wanted to.

I would imagine the white Muslims here are a bit like Elaine Atkinson.

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2011, 6:56 am

murphycop wrote:
I don't need to re-write it, you just read something into it that you wanted to.

I read the word "white", which you put there. In your hypothesis, which does not reflect the problem in the OP.

The OP parents disagree with the lessons, not the religion of the teacher. And they don't even completely disagree with one of the lessons, just an aspect of their children's involvement.

Elaine Atkinson? And what do you know about Elaine Atkinson, pray tell?

(You imagine what white Muslims are like? Ever met any?)

murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2011, 2:32 pm

Macbeth wrote:
murphycop wrote:

I read the word "white", which you put there. In your hypothesis, which does not reflect the problem in the OP.

The OP parents disagree with the lessons, not the religion of the teacher. And they don't even completely disagree with one of the lessons, just an aspect of their children's involvement.

It was an example, if the situation was reversed.

Again, its just an example, a similar situation. If you can't think outside the box, then I now understand why you have the views you do.

http://exposingislam.blogspot.com/2006_ ... chive.html

Yeah I have met some. Ok, not all of them. But I imagine some have converted due to anger and mental problems. Well we already know there's been some cases like that.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2011, 3:20 pm

^ just like a lot of Christians converted due to drug and alcohol problems, sure. Faith is a crutch for many people, regardless of the flavor.

murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2011, 3:27 pm

LKL wrote:
^ just like a lot of Christians converted due to drug and alcohol problems, sure. Faith is a crutch for many people, regardless of the flavor.

Converts remind me of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgeAyLTH ... re=related

Quantum_Immortal
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Feb 2011, 3:41 pm

Isn't that bad for there health?

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2011, 5:04 pm

murphycop wrote:
Macbeth wrote:
murphycop wrote:

It was an example, if the situation was reversed.

Again, its just an example, a similar situation. If you can't think outside the box, then I now understand why you have the views you do.

http://exposingislam.blogspot.com/2006_ ... chive.html

Yeah I have met some. Ok, not all of them. But I imagine some have converted due to anger and mental problems. Well we already know there's been some cases like that.

It's not a similar situation, or a reversal of the situation. Its a different situation involving a different issue.

From your link: She was presented by Channel 4 as an authentic - but anonymous - voice of moderate British Islam.
And on Christmas Day the veiled woman described only as "Khadijah" was given a national televison platform for propagating her views in an "alternative Christmas message" designed to rival the Queen's.
She told viewers Jack Straw was wrong to criticise the veil, claiming concealing facial features "liberated" women.
But the Daily Mail can now unveil "Khadijah" - and reveal that she is in fact Elaine Atkinson, an English convert to Islam who travels the country working for a radical muslim group trying to take political control of Pakistan.

Yeah, I've seen that article too. Got anything that hasn't come through THE MAIL? And you wonder why I place you in with Mail readers? That article appears word for word in the Mail website. HERE: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... gette.html

murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2011, 5:56 pm

Na, and i'm not gonna waste time trying to explain something you don't understand.

Yeah, I didn't say it wasn't from the mail. Think its one of the only times i've actually posted something from that paper.

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2011, 2:38 pm

murphycop wrote:
Na, and i'm not gonna waste time trying to explain something you don't understand.

Yeah, I didn't say it wasn't from the mail. Think its one of the only times i've actually posted something from that paper.

Yeah, I don't understand why you insist on thinking that two different situations are the same, or why you insist on sticking to your "white atheist" hypothesis when it is utterly unlike the original problem. Apart from the fact it involves "teachers".

Using material sourced from that rag gives you about the same credibility as the yanks give to people who quote Fox as fact. You never said it wasn't fro the Mail, but you make such a fuss about NOT using the mail, only to then go ahead and use it. I mean you must have READ that article before you posted it, surely? So you KNEW it was from them. Did you not think that it might just reinforce my point?

"Don't stereotype me, I'm not a Mail Reader. Here's an article from the Daily Mail supporting my viewpoint."

That or you DIDN'T read it properly, which slightly brings in to question your comprehension of.. almost anything that has come before.

murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2011, 6:35 pm

Macbeth wrote:
murphycop wrote:

Yeah, I don't understand why you insist on thinking that two different situations are the same, or why you insist on sticking to your "white atheist" hypothesis when it is utterly unlike the original problem. Apart from the fact it involves "teachers".

Using material sourced from that rag gives you about the same credibility as the yanks give to people who quote Fox as fact. You never said it wasn't fro the Mail, but you make such a fuss about NOT using the mail, only to then go ahead and use it. I mean you must have READ that article before you posted it, surely? So you KNEW it was from them. Did you not think that it might just reinforce my point?

"Don't stereotype me, I'm not a Mail Reader. Here's an article from the Daily Mail supporting my viewpoint."

That or you DIDN'T read it properly, which slightly brings in to question your comprehension of.. almost anything that has come before.

A white atheist student complaining is just an opposite of a couloured Muslim complaining. It was just an example to show that a white person who isn't religious would have their demands laughed off.

Again, you'll have to learn that your opinion doesn't mean its true, though i'm sure a lot of their storries are blown out of proportion, and miss parts that a left wing paper would leave out, but vice versa, the left wing paper will do exactly the same. Yep, I knew it was from the Mail, and I knew you'd react like this. I was going to say something like "and yeah, I know its from the Mail". I actually didn't say something cause I thought you'd have some proof to show it isn't true, maybe it isn't, I don't know. And believe what you want.

I can post a link from the Mail if I want, doesn't mean i'm a Mail reader. I've posted links from the Mirror, does that make me a stereotypical left wing Mirror reader? You're pigeon-holing again, doing something, that you hate yourself. People agree that, that is pure hypocrisy.

daspie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2011, 1:55 am

Muslims are problem everywhere, they just can't integrate.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2011, 1:59 am

This is obviously a sensitive topic. But I am hoping that with all of the revolutions going on in the Middle-East, they might finally have democracy. If they end up with Western-style systems (slightly unlikely) they will likely not support Sharia law. Thereby setting a precedent themselves that Sharia is not okay in a democracy. Thus we can enforce our ban without guilt because their own homelands set the precedent. In any case, I hope that democracy comes to them, because perhaps that will stop the outflow to our countries. I am not against Islam and I have met many nice Muslims but many are not trying to compromise with us and I have also met many Muslims who come here with a typically superior attitude. So if they can all just go home and have the same rights then maybe they won't need to immigrate. I hope my view doesn't offend anybody

daspie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2011, 2:07 am

Vigilans wrote:
This is obviously a sensitive topic. But I am hoping that with all of the revolutions going on in the Middle-East, they might finally have democracy. If they end up with Western-style systems (slightly unlikely) they will likely not support Sharia law. Thereby setting a precedent themselves that Sharia is not okay in a democracy. Thus we can enforce our ban without guilt because their own homelands set the precedent. In any case, I hope that democracy comes to them, because perhaps that will stop the outflow to our countries. I am not against Islam and I have met many nice Muslims but many are not trying to compromise with us and I have also met many Muslims who come here with a typically superior attitude. So if they can all just go home and have the same rights then maybe they won't need to immigrate. I hope my view doesn't offend anybody

Sharia is a part of Islam, sorry, but your post is a wishful thinking. Muslims also want Islam all over the world that is another reason for emigration. Do not allow these people in your countries otherwise you will see more of 9/11,madrid, london, russia etc.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2011, 2:09 am

daspie wrote:
Vigilans wrote:

Sharia is a part of Islam, sorry, but your post is a wishful thinking. Muslims also want Islam all over the world that is another reason for emigration. Do not allow these people in your countries otherwise you will see more of 9/11,madrid, london, russia etc.

Not all Muslims are into sharia... I have heard about the so-called 'Silent Jihad' of immigration but I find it hard to swallow when so few Westerners are converting to Islam... I would say Islam like most other religions is in for a slow decline

daspie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2011, 2:36 am

Vigilans wrote:
daspie wrote:
Vigilans wrote:

Not all Muslims are into sharia... I have heard about the so-called 'Silent Jihad' of immigration but I find it hard to swallow when so few Westerners are converting to Islam... I would say Islam like most other religions is in for a slow decline

Although, I have not read this book, I wish to, but I believe what it has to say in general. Even when in decline Islam has highest birth rates.

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2011, 9:19 am

murphycop wrote:
Macbeth wrote:
murphycop wrote:

A white atheist student complaining is just an opposite of a couloured Muslim complaining. It was just an example to show that a white person who isn't religious would have their demands laughed off.

Again, you'll have to learn that your opinion doesn't mean its true, though i'm sure a lot of their storries are blown out of proportion, and miss parts that a left wing paper would leave out, but vice versa, the left wing paper will do exactly the same. Yep, I knew it was from the Mail, and I knew you'd react like this. I was going to say something like "and yeah, I know its from the Mail". I actually didn't say something cause I thought you'd have some proof to show it isn't true, maybe it isn't, I don't know. And believe what you want.

I can post a link from the Mail if I want, doesn't mean i'm a Mail reader. I've posted links from the Mirror, does that make me a stereotypical left wing Mirror reader? You're pigeon-holing again, doing something, that you hate yourself. People agree that, that is pure hypocrisy.

Who said anyone involved in this was coloured? See? You're bringing race into the argument when race wasn't an issue. Nobody said they didn't want to go to lessons because the teachers were White. Also, do other religious groups really get laughed out? Examples? Way back at the start I pointed out about the Witness kids excused assemblies at my school by way of an example, and you decided that was irrelevant to a discussion about religious kids at schools wanted to be excused certain lessons. I'm sure some other people mentioned other religious groups in the states as well.

The article itself makes contradictions between what the Mail says is the case and what the woman herself claims to have said. Who am I most given to believe? The Nazi Source-Book for Modern Life, which provably makes s**t up all the time?