Muslim families in Winnipeg want children excused from

Page 9 of 19 [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 19  Next

daspie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 7:48 am

LKL wrote:
Your links are to propaganda sites and to a wikipedia page with a lot of grievances in its history.

Those videos of dead and sufferers were propaganda. What about wikipedia?
Quote:

These link does not tell that earlier muslim mob(muslins were about 15% of the population) burnt 59 hindus(about 80% of the population) to death just because they are returning from ayodhya, a holy site. See minority muslim had the guts to kill the majority hindus.
Quote:

This is a fallacious reasoning to hide the Islamic angle to the conflict. There are so many places in the world where muslims heve been working for islamic state. I need not post any link for that. Pakistan sponsored terrorism in kashmir is just one way to bleed Hindu India a thousand cuts, to put it in their own language. Gen. Musharraf has already said that low intensity war(read terrorism) will not end even if kashmir issue is resolved.
http://www.organiser.org/dynamic/module ... 144&page=4
The mosque at ayodhya was built after destroying the temple as muslim did to hagia sophia, temple mount and thousand of others places through out the world.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ram_Janmabhoomi
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindu_Temp ... ed_to_Them
As soon as jews retreated from some place in Israel the first thing muslim did was to burn synagogues.Why? Because mohammed himself distroy idols of pagans. This is why taliban destroyed statue of buddha at bamiyan.
Quote:

A situation has come to some extent where Hindus have to protect themselves as muslim votes hungry politicians often ally with some fundamentalist regional parties who call muslim terrorist organisations as cultural organisation. http://content.msn.co.in/MSNContribute/ ... c94fd68095
This situation will become more grave as muslim population will increase in India. Hindus would have to form a militia just as christian did in lebanon.
Quote:

It is jihadi website with propaganda, true to Islam. Yes, some Hindu fanatics did vandalized some churches as opposed to destroying scores of churches. One reason is, which still not justifying, that christian missionary often resort to dishonest and illegal means to get converts like providing money, "scholarships" and showing hinduism as regressive and old religion. The website talks about anti-sikh riots. It was not hindus killing sikhs, and btw sikhism is very much like hinduism, it does say that Islam is fine which I don't agree with, It was congress party goons killing sikhs.
Quote:
I will grant that I was in error in limiting the religious violence to Kashmir.

It is true, of course, that extremist muslims can be violent and, like extremists of most religions, can hold reprehensible view points. As an atheist looking at religions from the outside, however, it seems that Muslims are far from the only religious group using religion to justify killing people - regardless of what justification is found in the holy texts (don't forget that one of the holiest Hindu storys involves a warrior and his charioteer Krishna killing many, many people - and Krishna justifies it as the warrior's sacred duty. The bible is full of disgusting violence as well).

It is true that there are both qualitative and quantitative differences between a burkha and a hat, but if public safety and visibility for crime control is the excuse you use to limit one, then you have to apply it equally to the other.

Muhammed killed people because they did not or refused to believe in allah. Mahabharata is about waging a war when all other means to make peace ends. This why christianity survived because of crusades. Other wise the philosophy of Matthew 5:38-42, NIV would have ended christianity from europe just as buddhism vanished from south-east asia and afghanistan.
Quote:
As far as 'sudden jihad syndrome...' !
That sounds like a lot of the anti-semitic (by white supremacist), anti-gentile (by hardline orthodox Jews in Israel), anti-protestant (by the IRA), anti-Catholic (by the UDL), anti-Mexican, rabid-anti-people-not-like-us propaganda that any vile, fear-mongering, racist group might use to shut down even the possibility of a dialog that might bring about peace. It makes me wonder if that blogger is a duct-tape magnate.

This guy is still not as vocal as this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9qRwv39YCk I totally agree with this.

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 9:54 am

daspie wrote:
Macbeth wrote:
Of course I must "love" Muslims because I disagree with your sweeping statements of global terror. No doubt I must agree with Islamic extremists setting off bombs and killing innocents as well eh? Any other thoughts or feelings you want to decide I MUST have?

Who gets to be the extremist? The idiot who declares that Islam will destroy us all in fire and flame, or the reasonable parent who has a mild issue with the timetable? The lunatic who incites hatred against millions of people, or the mother who thinks mixed PE lessons are inappropriate? Do I have to remind you that single sex PE lessons were the norm for decades, and still are in many places, regardless of religion? I probably do, because all you can see is a horde of screaming saracens coming to rape your children and burn you down.

I've been using reason since post ONE, and all that you and murphycop can do is rattle on about how evil Islam is whilst totally failing to address the actual OP or any other information that doesn't agree with your World View. Clearly reason has long since left the building.

What we, me and murphycop, has been saying that this demand is a forerunner to muslim extremism. If you have not noticed muslim political dynamics and see the OP in isolation then I guess it is your asperger's which is coming in your way.

Little bit of Disablism there, to go with your anti-muslim extremist rhetoric? I can't understand it because my Aspergers must be causing me to not understand? Bit f*****g rich coming from other Aspies on an Aspie forum, don't you think?

If that is the way you wish to go, then I put it to you that your lack of theory of mind makes you blind to the possibility of other ways or opinions, and thus incapable of understanding the opposing point of view on a subject. Unfortunately, because your chosen direction is that of violence and anger towards a whole religion, you are now stuck with that world view, and no amount of fact or reality will ever change your view. It also means that you cannot physically comprehend how anyone could not see things your way, and that anyone who does differ must be stupid. deluded, insane, disabled or otherwise incapable.

You have made the crass generalisation that all complaints made by Muslims MUST be linked to Muslim extremism, and that by extension all Muslims must BE extremists. Were you to make that statement about a racial group, you would be a racist. Why is it any more palatable when you make such statements about a religious group?

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 3:31 pm

daspie, for every link you post about how evil Muslims are, I can post another on how evil Hindus/Christians/Jews/whomever are. That was my point. I guess you don't get it.

murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 6:21 pm

Macbeth wrote:
murphycop wrote:
daspie, we could try explaining to Macbeth untill blue in the face, but he's an extremist in a different context to the extremist Muslims. Anything that is said to him, he blows out of proportion. And he tarrs people who say anything negative about Muslims with the same brush.

BS. Find me an extremist Muslim in the OP and I'll agree that chucking a fit because of your religion is foolish. But you won't find one, because nobody in the OP has been unreasonable, or threatening, or made extreme demands.

I blow things out of proportion? It isn't me comparing some parents taking an interest in the nature of their children's schooling with Muslim extremists trying to Islamify a completely different country.

If you can only see black or white, and not grey, thats not my problem.

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 6:29 pm

murphycop wrote:
Macbeth wrote:
murphycop wrote:
daspie, we could try explaining to Macbeth untill blue in the face, but he's an extremist in a different context to the extremist Muslims. Anything that is said to him, he blows out of proportion. And he tarrs people who say anything negative about Muslims with the same brush.

BS. Find me an extremist Muslim in the OP and I'll agree that chucking a fit because of your religion is foolish. But you won't find one, because nobody in the OP has been unreasonable, or threatening, or made extreme demands.

I blow things out of proportion? It isn't me comparing some parents taking an interest in the nature of their children's schooling with Muslim extremists trying to Islamify a completely different country.

And when it comes to Muslims, apparently you see only black. Black evil coming to make you grow a beard and burn all your CDs and rape your family and christ knows what other rubbish you think they are going to do.

murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 6:30 pm

daspie wrote:
LKL wrote:
@Daspie: the Hindus in Kashmir are just as bad as the Muslims in Kashmir, and in America religious violence by Christians is far from unheard-of.

This is highly irresponsible statement I have ever seen. See these links and please reply back.
Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4
video 1
video 2
Quote:
On the other hand, every single Muslim whom I've personally met has been a fine, gentle, civilized human being. Muslims in Egypt just had one of the most civilized revolutions to ever occur.

No one is saying that all Muslims are like that but on an average a muslim is more likely to be an extremists(extremist needs not be a terrorist, he/she just needs to have extremist views). Also every Muslim is potentially a terrorist. Pleasethis and this.
Quote:
I agree that covering anyone from head to toe is silly, though; requirements for photo IDs exist for a reason, and I don't think that exceptions to requiring the face to be uncovered should be made - but that should include people who deliberately wear hats that obscure their faces, too.

There is difference between a Muslim wearing burkha and a non muslim wearing a hat. The former is motivated by a religion and that too which is supremacist, so hard to change whereas the latter is not doing it due to religious conviction and is easy to change.

Thats what people like LKL and macbeth don't understand, they could be meeting a "friendly" Muslim, who are not what they seem. Reminds me of the film "Not Without My Daughter". I wouldn't hate someone just cause they're a Muslim, macbeth can't get to grips with that either. I'm just fed up with them having extra rights in our country, when they are free to preach hate on the street against us, but we couldn't do anything like that, without being blown up or arrested.

murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 6:39 pm

daspie wrote:
Macbeth wrote:
Of course I must "love" Muslims because I disagree with your sweeping statements of global terror. No doubt I must agree with Islamic extremists setting off bombs and killing innocents as well eh? Any other thoughts or feelings you want to decide I MUST have?

Who gets to be the extremist? The idiot who declares that Islam will destroy us all in fire and flame, or the reasonable parent who has a mild issue with the timetable? The lunatic who incites hatred against millions of people, or the mother who thinks mixed PE lessons are inappropriate? Do I have to remind you that single sex PE lessons were the norm for decades, and still are in many places, regardless of religion? I probably do, because all you can see is a horde of screaming saracens coming to rape your children and burn you down.

I've been using reason since post ONE, and all that you and murphycop can do is rattle on about how evil Islam is whilst totally failing to address the actual OP or any other information that doesn't agree with your World View. Clearly reason has long since left the building.

What we, me and murphycop, has been saying that this demand is a forerunner to muslim extremism. If you have not noticed muslim political dynamics and see the OP in isolation then I guess it is your asperger's which is coming in your way.

I thought the same thing, it seems to be the case.

with an attitude like "i'm right, you're wrong, and you're a f*****g idiot for thinking that way" Its difficult to have a discussion without things boiling over. Like I said before, its just a case of not being able to think outside the box.

murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 6:42 pm

Macbeth wrote:
murphycop wrote:
Macbeth wrote:
murphycop wrote:

And when it comes to Muslims, apparently you see only black. Black evil coming to make you grow a beard and burn all your CDs and rape your family and christ knows what other rubbish you think they are going to do.

Thanks for continuing to prove my point :thumleft:

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 6:47 pm

murphycop wrote:
daspie wrote:
LKL wrote:
@Daspie: the Hindus in Kashmir are just as bad as the Muslims in Kashmir, and in America religious violence by Christians is far from unheard-of.

This is highly irresponsible statement I have ever seen. See these links and please reply back.
Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4
video 1
video 2
Quote:
On the other hand, every single Muslim whom I've personally met has been a fine, gentle, civilized human being. Muslims in Egypt just had one of the most civilized revolutions to ever occur.

No one is saying that all Muslims are like that but on an average a muslim is more likely to be an extremists(extremist needs not be a terrorist, he/she just needs to have extremist views). Also every Muslim is potentially a terrorist. Pleasethis and this.
Quote:
I agree that covering anyone from head to toe is silly, though; requirements for photo IDs exist for a reason, and I don't think that exceptions to requiring the face to be uncovered should be made - but that should include people who deliberately wear hats that obscure their faces, too.

There is difference between a Muslim wearing burkha and a non muslim wearing a hat. The former is motivated by a religion and that too which is supremacist, so hard to change whereas the latter is not doing it due to religious conviction and is easy to change.

Thats what people like LKL and macbeth don't understand, they could be meeting a "friendly" Muslim, who are not what they seem. Reminds me of the film "Not Without My Daughter". I wouldn't hate someone just cause they're a Muslim, macbeth can't get to grips with that either. I'm just fed up with them having extra rights in our country, when they are free to preach hate on the street against us, but we couldn't do anything like that, without being blown up or arrested.

Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound? "friendly" Muslims who are just pretending?

1) The OP is not in "our country"
2) They are not asking for any "extra rights" that other religious and secular groups do not already claim. As you have been told, over and over again.
3) Even if they were in "our country" they would still not be asking for anything "extra" above what others already have.
4) You insist on conflating different groups together. Different groups following radically different interpretations of their religion. You might as well declare that the CofE and Catholic Church are the same.

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 6:55 pm

murphycop wrote:
daspie wrote:
Macbeth wrote:

with an attitude like "i'm right, you're wrong, and you're a f***ing idiot for thinking that way" Its difficult to have a discussion without things boiling over. Like I said before, its just a case of not being able to think outside the box.

You can't actually counter my points, so you resort to using my neurology as a weapon. On THIS forum of all places.

I covered this in more detail after Daspies post. Clearly you didn't read it.

murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 7:02 pm

Macbeth wrote:
murphycop wrote:
daspie wrote:
LKL wrote:

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4
video 1
video 2
Quote:

Quote:

Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound? "friendly" Muslims who are just pretending?

2) They are not asking for any "extra rights" that other religious and secular groups do not already claim. As you have been told, over and over again.
3) Even if they were in "our country" they would still not be asking for anything "extra" above what others already have.
4) You insist on conflating different groups together. Different groups following radically different interpretations of their religion. You might as well declare that the CofE and Catholic Church are the same.

So when some of the 9/11 hijackers were training to fly in the US, people knew that they were preparing to fly a plane into a building? You don't think some Muslims are pretending to live normal lives, and waiting for the call? And I don't mean ALL MUSLIMS. I know its unlikely, but imagine a war broke out here, what percentage of Muslims living here would be on our side do you think? Don't go off on one, accusing me of all sorts.

murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 7:04 pm

Macbeth wrote:
murphycop wrote:
daspie wrote:
Macbeth wrote:

with an attitude like "i'm right, you're wrong, and you're a f***ing idiot for thinking that way" Its difficult to have a discussion without things boiling over. Like I said before, its just a case of not being able to think outside the box.

You can't actually counter my points, so you resort to using my neurology as a weapon. On THIS forum of all places.

I covered this in more detail after Daspies post. Clearly you didn't read it.

You do know autism is a spectrum? Some people can me more autistic.

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 7:15 pm

murphycop wrote:
Macbeth wrote:
murphycop wrote:
daspie wrote:
LKL wrote:

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4
video 1
video 2
Quote:

Quote:

So when some of the 9/11 hijackers were training to fly in the US, people knew that they were preparing to fly a plane into a building? You don't think some Muslims are pretending to live normal lives, and waiting for the call? And I don't mean ALL MUSLIMS. I know its unlikely, but imagine a war broke out here, what percentage of Muslims living here would be on our side do you think? Don't go off on one, accusing me of all sorts.

And now you draw parallels between extremists planning a terrorist attack with some parents at a Winnipeg school who don't want their children to do mixed PE. Even more ridiculous than your previous attempts.

What exactly do you consider "Our" side? Certainly me and you aren't on the "same side." Especially not considering where you are headed with your posts about my neurology.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 7:32 pm

murphycop wrote:
Macbeth wrote:
murphycop wrote:
daspie wrote:
LKL wrote:

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4
video 1
video 2
Quote:

Quote:

If a war broke out in this country, I would offer the Muslims I know living space in my attic to protect them from paranoid wingnuts like murphycop and daspie.

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 7:39 pm

LKL wrote:
murphycop wrote:
Macbeth wrote:
murphycop wrote:
daspie wrote:
LKL wrote:

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4
video 1
video 2
Quote:

Quote:

If a war broke out in this country, I would offer the Muslims I know living space in my attic to protect them from paranoid wingnuts like murphycop and daspie.

Absolutely.

murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 8:50 pm

Macbeth wrote:
murphycop wrote:
Macbeth wrote:
murphycop wrote:
daspie wrote:
LKL wrote:

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4
video 1
video 2
Quote:

Quote:

And now you draw parallels between extremists planning a terrorist attack with some parents at a Winnipeg school who don't want their children to do mixed PE. Even more ridiculous than your previous attempts.

What exactly do you consider "Our" side? Certainly me and you aren't on the "same side." Especially not considering where you are headed with your posts about my neurology.

Wow, obviously I wasn't referring to the parents particularly. I didn't say you were on our side, I mean against our army and people. If extremist Muslims started their own army against us, its not an impossible situation. Especially with the wars we continue in, in the Middle East.