Muslim families in Winnipeg want children excused from

Page 15 of 19 [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2011, 6:37 pm

daspie wrote:
murphycop wrote:
Macbeth wrote:
daspie wrote:
Macbeth wrote:
Muslims are not "more likely to be violent than a person of any other community". I hope this statement is just bad phraseology, but I suspect that you actually do think this to be the case.

No, I mean what it is.
Quote:
It also seems a bit daft how you describe a Muslim community as if it consists of "terrorists" and their support network and that's it.

And it would seem that Muslim ideology is as open to interpretation as any other ideology, such that the violence is apparently completely optional.

Read history of Islam, a) In Mohammed's period b)After Muhammed till wahhab's revival c)After Wahhabi's revival, i.e. modern.

Clearly then you lack experience of other types of community if you feel you can make such ridiculous statements.
Christianity has been easily as violent, and for longer. Judaism too. But STILL you fools are intent on dragging "violence" and extremism into this when at no point has there been even the slightest threat of such in the OP.

The intense depth of your ignorance astounds me: That you both still insist on making his about extremism when its simply about religious parents making a similar request to religious parents all over the world, in all forms of religion. Nothing more. Nothing unreasonable or violent or demanding. Just the same request as Christian/Jewish/Mormon/etc parents make all the time. Makes me sick that such idiocy exists.

It is really scary what London has become.

They can get away with it, thats whats scary, apparently its their rights. But when people have demonstrations against Muslims, the general left wing clueless idiot will label it as racism, or call them Hitler wannabes etc.

murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2011, 6:41 pm

LKL wrote:
daspie wrote:
Its not about non-english people, its about muslims.

To murphycop, it is about non-English and non-white populations.
Quote:

Its you whose arguments have been ridiculous. What caste system has to do with raj? This is your problem if something bad(caste system) was happening so it was o.k. for britishers to oppress further. You cannot do logical arguments. Thugee is every where and is nothing compared to british loot. Feudalism is still here and is present even in west(people give more respect to a relative of a county sherrif etc and what is House of Lords?), it is in human nature. India has had many reformer who spoke against it and britishers oppressed the poor through this system.

His point, I think, was that the Hindus are far from being the peaceful, spiritual victims of Muslim oppression that you are portraying them as.
Quote:
Oh really, muslims do integrate and so much so that some times they get obsessed with it and then they carry out rallies like the one showed by murphycop to get over that obsession.[/b]
First of all, mind your language, you low I.Q. person.

IIrc, the placards that murphycop posted pictures of were of rallies in muslim-majority countries in Africa and the middle east
after the publication of the Mohammad cartoons in a Danish newspaper. They demonstrated that Muslim extremists can be violent, but not that there is a significant proportion of extremist Muslims in England.

No its not, you're labelling me a racist. It wouldn't suprise me if you didn't know the meaning of the word, if you think a rally with an English policeman in the picture, on the streets of London is in the Middle east or Africa!

:help:

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2011, 8:16 pm

murphycop wrote:
daspie wrote:
murphycop wrote:
Macbeth wrote:
daspie wrote:
Macbeth wrote:
Muslims are not "more likely to be violent than a person of any other community". I hope this statement is just bad phraseology, but I suspect that you actually do think this to be the case.

No, I mean what it is.
Quote:
It also seems a bit daft how you describe a Muslim community as if it consists of "terrorists" and their support network and that's it.

And it would seem that Muslim ideology is as open to interpretation as any other ideology, such that the violence is apparently completely optional.

Read history of Islam, a) In Mohammed's period b)After Muhammed till wahhab's revival c)After Wahhabi's revival, i.e. modern.

Clearly then you lack experience of other types of community if you feel you can make such ridiculous statements.
Christianity has been easily as violent, and for longer. Judaism too. But STILL you fools are intent on dragging "violence" and extremism into this when at no point has there been even the slightest threat of such in the OP.

The intense depth of your ignorance astounds me: That you both still insist on making his about extremism when its simply about religious parents making a similar request to religious parents all over the world, in all forms of religion. Nothing more. Nothing unreasonable or violent or demanding. Just the same request as Christian/Jewish/Mormon/etc parents make all the time. Makes me sick that such idiocy exists.

It is really scary what London has become.

They can get away with it, thats whats scary, apparently its their rights. But when people have demonstrations against Muslims, the general left wing clueless idiot will label it as racism, or call them Hitler wannabes etc.

Ever noticed that all of those signs have been written in the same hand? They also share a very common sentence structure with each other. Wonder why that is? Just one person doing all the signs?

Actually right-wing groups hold marches and rallies as well, and the police do the same thing. They stand there looking a bit pointless. I'm pretty sure that people of most persuasions, left or right, dislike what those particular Muslims stand for, and do not support what they are saying. At best, they support that they have the right to say it. Also, (again, tediously) you are conflating a group of extremists with all Muslims. Protesting against extremists is not an issue. Protesting against a whole religion is. It amounts to deciding that the Westboro Baptist Church is representative of the whole of Christianity.

Frankly both sides of that divide are spouting s**t. With any luck all the extremists on both sides will wipe each other out and the rest of us can get on with our lives.

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2011, 8:24 pm

daspie wrote:
Macbeth wrote:
Did I say it was "OK for the British to oppress further? No. I pointed out that European involvement in India was hardly a set-back economically. Might as well say that the Roman Empire set the UK back, with their "sewers" and "floors" and suchlike.

If you think that European involvement in India was hardly a set-back economically then you need to google about it or read about it.
Quote:
"Thugee is everywhere"? Explain please. Everywhere where? Are you saying that Murder-Goddess worship still continues in India or what?

What I meant by "Thugee" was robbery. Is New York or London safe? What do you mean by Murder-Goddess? If you are referring to durga or kali is shown as killing a demon then I must say that it is not wrong to do so. Non-violence fails when the enemy is bent upon killing you.
Quote:
It is customary to say "First of all" at the beginning of a list of statements, not at the end. And insulting my IQ in Pythonesque pidgin English because I refuse to accede to your odd "logic" is hardly reflective of a towering intellect on your part either I might add. And if you're trying to suggest that I have a low IQ because I use "bad language" then frankly you can go bollocks. I use the words I mean to use in the fashion I choose to use them because I feel they represent what I am trying to convey in any given sentence.

I wrote "First of all" for the beginning but then I scrolled up and started replying to individual paragraphs and forgot about that. My English may be Pythonesque to you but what I right is logical and cogent. I have been thinking about Islam for so many years now. Yes, you seem to be low I.Q. because of the way you are arguing i.e. by not directly replying to my arguments and using abusive language because you don't have logic.
Quote:
I didn't say ALL Muslims integrate. But plenty of them do quite well.

It gets quite tiring having you two constantly making out like I think all Muslims are lovely peaceful people with not an iota of hatred in their hearts, because I don't. I have never claimed that all Muslims are peaceful, nor that I love them, or anything else of the sort. Nor am I blind to the rabble-rousing extremism that goes on in the Muslim community. Never said anything of the sort. Some Muslims ARE violent war-mongering dangerous terrorist. SOME. Plenty of them are not. Plenty of them are just normal people trying to get on with their lives without being hated on for the actions of someone else.

Why that rabble-rousing extremism is not present among Hindus and Sikhs? Think about it and you will understand what I and murphycop has been telling you all along. I hope this time my english is o.k. Thanks for reminding me about my english though, seriously.

Apparently a lot of the point and purpose in these posts is getting lost in translation.

murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2011, 9:06 pm

daspie wrote:
Macbeth wrote:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/education/education-news/singlesex-schools-are-the-future-1023105.html

Quote:
Vicky Tuck, president of the Girls' School Association, which represents the country's top independent girls' schools, told her association's annual conference in Winchester: "Far from living in the dying days of single-sex education, I am confident that as understanding of the brain continues to evolve, what is obvious to us will become obvious to everyone: girls learn in a different way to boys and it is crucial to cater for their separate needs.

"I have a hunch that in 50 years' time, maybe only 25, people will be doubled up with laughter when they watch documentaries about the history of education and discover people once thought it was a good idea to educate adolescent boys and girls together."

She cited evidence in support of her argument showing that neurological differences between the sexes meant girls' brains worked differently to boys' and added it would reverse a 40-year trend towards co-educational schools.

A study by Harvard Medical School in the US showed that parts of the frontal lobe of the brain, which controls decision-making and problem-solving functions, were proportionally larger in women than men. The area of the brain which regulates emotions is also larger than in men.

But single-sex education is surely anathema to any right-minded Christian, and a gateway to Muslim extremism and the fall of western civilisation? It could never be the case that the parents in the OP are on to a good idea!.

This advocacy for single-sex education is different from muslim demanding it based upon sharia. I have explained this point in that "disney" thread when I differentiated between "insisting upon wearing hat" and "insisting upon wearing muslim head scarf". You will never realize. You make such kind of comparison because you are in denial.

You've hit the nail on the head there. He's an extremist himself in a sense. And a hypocrite, that seems to think a hypocrite is someone that can't predict the future. Trying to have a normal discussion with people like this is a waste of time, cause they will never realise, or have the maturity to admit they're wrong, or admit they've been hypocritical. You were right about him not answering points and arguments you made, and just spiralling off about something else. A hypocrite in denial cannot be reasoned with, untill they see the error of their ways.

Subotai
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 2:16 am

murphycop wrote:
Macbeth wrote:
daspie wrote:
Macbeth wrote:

No, I mean what it is.
Quote:

I wonder why all those signs are in the same handwriting?

murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 6:27 am

does it matter?

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 8:33 am

murphycop wrote:
daspie wrote:
Macbeth wrote:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/education/education-news/singlesex-schools-are-the-future-1023105.html

Quote:
Vicky Tuck, president of the Girls' School Association, which represents the country's top independent girls' schools, told her association's annual conference in Winchester: "Far from living in the dying days of single-sex education, I am confident that as understanding of the brain continues to evolve, what is obvious to us will become obvious to everyone: girls learn in a different way to boys and it is crucial to cater for their separate needs.

"I have a hunch that in 50 years' time, maybe only 25, people will be doubled up with laughter when they watch documentaries about the history of education and discover people once thought it was a good idea to educate adolescent boys and girls together."

She cited evidence in support of her argument showing that neurological differences between the sexes meant girls' brains worked differently to boys' and added it would reverse a 40-year trend towards co-educational schools.

A study by Harvard Medical School in the US showed that parts of the frontal lobe of the brain, which controls decision-making and problem-solving functions, were proportionally larger in women than men. The area of the brain which regulates emotions is also larger than in men.

But single-sex education is surely anathema to any right-minded Christian, and a gateway to Muslim extremism and the fall of western civilisation? It could never be the case that the parents in the OP are on to a good idea!.

This advocacy for single-sex education is different from muslim demanding it based upon sharia. I have explained this point in that "disney" thread when I differentiated between "insisting upon wearing hat" and "insisting upon wearing muslim head scarf". You will never realize. You make such kind of comparison because you are in denial.

You've hit the nail on the head there. He's an extremist himself in a sense. And a hypocrite, that seems to think a hypocrite is someone that can't predict the future. Trying to have a normal discussion with people like this is a waste of time, cause they will never realise, or have the maturity to admit they're wrong, or admit they've been hypocritical. You were right about him not answering points and arguments you made, and just spiralling off about something else. A hypocrite in denial cannot be reasoned with, untill they see the error of their ways.

1) In several posts Daspie has responded to questions and statements with apparently completely unrelated non-sequiters. Like when I pointed out that its hardly surprising that the one-time capital of a globe-spanning empire contains a lot of foreigners, and he responded with some random comment saying I was saying it was a punishment for empire. f**k knows what he thought he was trying to say, or what he thought I was saying. How am i supposed to answer that? How am I supposed to answer arguments made (apparently) be slinging random words together? How would you respond to something that simply does not make any sense? We aren't even in the same book, never mind on the same page.

2)Your hypocrisy is simple: You were given plenty of examples of how your beliefs about prisoner-voting were based on incorrect information and supposition. You were proven wrong on several pertinent points. Further evidence since has proven that you were even more wrong, and supported the original evidence of you being incorrect. At every turn you denied, denied, and carried on with your inaccurate suppositions, and refused to admit that you were wrong. You then have the nerve to accuse me of "not admitting when I am wrong". Also, in this thread you have accused me of evading answering questions, whilst completely ignoring whole posts of mine. Least I do you the courtesy of reading your posts and making some sort of response.

3)Have you ever read the part of the TOS about attacking the opinion not the poster? Because I get f*****g weary of you throwing abuse at me. Now I'm immature as well as all the other crap you've called me or accused me of? And an extremist as well?

4) I'm in denial of this: That a group of parents in Winnipeg with a mild objection to the manner of their children's schooling is related to extremism, or your pictures of Muslims holding rude signs. I will continue to deny there is a connection because THERE IS NO CONNECTION.

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 8:36 am

Subotai wrote:
murphycop wrote:
Macbeth wrote:
daspie wrote:
Macbeth wrote:

No, I mean what it is.
Quote:

I noted the same thing. Murphycop rudely chose to ignore me completely when I mentioned it.
It really is ALL of those signs in ALL of those pictures. All taken at the same rally perhaps, but een then its a bit odd that they should ALL be written by the same person. I get the impression that crowd isn't anywhere near as large as its implied.

daspie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 8:38 am

Macbeth wrote:
Ever noticed that all of those signs have been written in the same hand? They also share a very common sentence structure with each other. Wonder why that is? Just one person doing all the signs?

This proves that macbeth is in denial. The reason one person is doing it could be that that person is good in writing or it was his job to make placard. Some other guy job could have been to arrange the loud speaker and some others intimated others about the rally. This is height of illogic. The fact that other people were there means that they supported it. This is why I said it is macbeth's asperger's syndrome which is coming in his way to understand people mind here.
This is like saying that if few Muslim terrorist leader like osama, nasrallah, salahuddin speak about terrorism filled via their hate filled videos against non-muslims then all other terrorist who carry out attacks are not guilty.
Please Macbeth if you unconditionally disagree with us then tell us that but do not make illogical arguments.

daspie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 8:41 am

murphycop wrote:
does it matter?

I have explained it in reply to macbeth's post. murphycop, these people are seeing these things in detail, asperger's cognition, not realizing that those people and especially terrorist don't have asperger's in general. If they did then they would not be terrorist because they must have disagreed with the ideology which says kill those who do not believe in what you do.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 8:45 am

Subotai wrote:

That are all printed, not handwritten.

ruveyn

daspie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 8:50 am

Macbeth wrote:
murphycop wrote:

1) In several posts Daspie has responded to questions and statements with apparently completely unrelated non-sequiters. Like when I pointed out that its hardly surprising that the one-time capital of a globe-spanning empire contains a lot of foreigners, and he responded with some random comment saying I was saying it was a punishment for empire. f**k knows what he thought he was trying to say, or what he thought I was saying. How am i supposed to answer that? How am I supposed to answer arguments made (apparently) be slinging random words together? How would you respond to something that simply does not make any sense? We aren't even in the same book, never mind on the same page.

I wrote the following in my second post on this thread and I still have not got the reply. Please reply and if you think that English is likely to be incorrect somewhere then please tell me so that I could correct that. I would also ask murphycop, a native speaker of english, to help me if needed.
Quote:
he highlighted part is illogical and is often used to absolve muslims of their religious aggression. To really ascertain if a particular community is aggressive or not one should simply calculate the ratio of extremists (and extremists are often much more than terrorists) to total population. When someone says muslims are extremist they mean that a randomly picked muslim is likely to be more extremist in nature than a average guy of other religion. And btw there is no study or reason to suggest that those people who carry out car bombings etc are not insane. They are very devout, knowledgeable in Islam and justify their action according to its tenet. I am not saying that a person with these qualities can't be insane but we should not project them as being zombies. Some of 19 people who carried out 9/11 were very qualified people education wise and were in good financial position. Even doctors were caught in London who were planning some terrorist attack and similarly qualified people have been implicated with terrorism charges world wide.

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 1:20 pm

daspie wrote:
Macbeth wrote:

This proves that macbeth is in denial. The reason one person is doing it could be that that person is good in writing or it was his job to make placard. Some other guy job could have been to arrange the loud speaker and some others intimated others about the rally. This is height of illogic. The fact that other people were there means that they supported it. This is why I said it is macbeth's asperger's syndrome which is coming in his way to understand people mind here.
This is like saying that if few Muslim terrorist leader like osama, nasrallah, salahuddin speak about terrorism filled via their hate filled videos against non-muslims then all other terrorist who carry out attacks are not guilty.
Please Macbeth if you unconditionally disagree with us then tell us that but do not make illogical arguments.

Its got f**k all to do with Denial. Its merely an observation that all of the signs in all of those pictures have been written in the same hand. Which they obviously have been.

What it DOES mean is that all of those pictures were either taken at the same time, or of the same group of people. Posting three pictures of the same group does not make that group magically bigger or more popular, and studying those images, it does not appear to be a particularly large crowd anyway.

Also, your video statement thing makes no sense. Me merely observing that the signs are written the same is nothing like whatever it is you are trying to say. Its in no way akin to what I am saying. It makes no sense at all in reference to what I have said. Which keeps happening in your posts.

What you are doing is taking a fairly innocuous, almost throwaway comment of mine.. a casual observation of a minor detail...and trying to inflate it into some sweeping statement about Muslim extremists as a whole. This is NOT what I was doing.

And seriously, you need to stop "blaming" my AS for my "not understanding you two." For one its prejudicial, for two its f*****g rude, for three its wildly inaccurate and for four its extremely stupid and ironic coming from other Aspies on an Autism forum. Its also incredibly dismissive and disablist. "You don't understand us because you are disabled."

I do believe in post after f*****g post I have stated my position and beliefs on Muslim extremism very clearly, so often now that I am sick to the back teeth of having to repeat it. I have made it extremely clear why I disagree with your position in detail as well, and why I believe that your position in this thread is frankly ridiculous.

If either of you wanted to start a thread discussing the bad parts of Islam and extremism, than on many points I don't doubt we would be in agreement, especially when it comes to terrorism and appropriate behaviour. BUT WE AREN'T IN ONE OF THOSE. We shouldn't ever have been discussing Muslim extremism because this thread isn't about Muslim extremism. Its about disgruntled parents and schooling. We barely even touched upon WHY Muslim parents might disagree with compulsory mixed PE before the real extremists started posting about how wrong it is for Muslims to have an opinion/be in this country/must be terrorists/must hate the west/should "Go home" and all the other hyperbolic hatred.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 3:37 pm

daspie wrote:
LKL wrote:
daspie wrote:

Quote:
Its you whose arguments have been ridiculous. What caste system has to do with raj? This is your problem if something bad(caste system) was happening so it was o.k. for britishers to oppress further. You cannot do logical arguments. Thugee is every where and is nothing compared to british loot. Feudalism is still here and is present even in west(people give more respect to a relative of a county sherrif etc and what is House of Lords?), it is in human nature. India has had many reformer who spoke against it and britishers oppressed the poor through this system.

His point, I think, was that the Hindus are far from being the peaceful, spiritual victims of Muslim oppression that you are portraying them as.

Hindus have been peaceful to the extent of cowardice and Hinduism clearly speaks about war when all other means to make peace fails as often the case with Muslims. His knowledge about India is wrong as I showed in my reply.

No, you didn't 'show' it in your reply; all you have been doing is posting claims.

Quote:
Quote:
IIrc, the placards that murphycop posted pictures of were of rallies in muslim-majority countries in Africa and the middle east after the publication of the Mohammad cartoons in a Danish newspaper. They demonstrated that Muslim extremists can be violent, but not that there is a significant proportion of extremist Muslims in England.

This is the link of the video, the protest is outside the danish embassy in london.

On that point, I stand corrected.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 3:42 pm

murphycop wrote:
LKL wrote:
daspie wrote:

Quote:

No its not, you're labelling me a racist. It wouldn't suprise me if you didn't know the meaning of the word, if you think a rally with an English policeman in the picture, on the streets of London is in the Middle east or Africa!

Dude, you're the one whining about the color of the person serving your fish and chips and complaining about people from other countries forming enclaves in London. We have those enclaves here in the states, too - 'Little China,' or 'Little Tokyo,' or 'Little Italy.' They're generally pleasant places to go to - sort of mini-vacations - if you're not paranoid and ashamed of being illiterate in other people's languages.