Page 4 of 13 [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2012, 8:04 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
and is a virgin to boot, then so much the better. :wink:

Are you the type who cares about that?

In a large part of the world, female virginity is highly prized.

In Southeast Asia, there are basically two types of women: women who remain virgins until marriage, and executive ejaculatory administrators. Not a whole lot in between. Southeast Asian ejaculatory administrators are capable of being extremely sweet and charming. But, they can also be rather hard core in certain ways, and display a bit of a treacherous side, particularly if they feel even slightly provoked.

If I were planning to go to Vietnam, to marry a woman I didn't know and whose language I didn't understand, then making certain that she was still a virgin would be a reasonable precaution. For some match-making agencies, it is part of the service anyway.

Plus, I've never done a virgin before. :wink:

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2012, 8:37 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
LKL wrote:
Ok, but I doubt that you treat your wife like a servant, and I doubt that her level of "obedience" was one of the things that you looked for in a wife. I have a hard time imagining you with someone less than 'fierce.'

What's wrong with obedience on the part of a wife?

Are you serious?
Obedience is for dogs and children.

Quote:
And, who really wants to be pussywhipped by a fierce, shrewish wife?

Because of course, there's no middle ground, and people can't discuss things like adults.

Quote:
It looks like even Jewish wives occasionally clean the house.

Or take turns cleaning, apparently.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2012, 8:55 pm

Who_Am_I wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:

Are you serious?
Obedience is for dogs and children..

According to the traditional wedding vows

Book of Common Prayer wrote:
Groom: I,____, take thee,_____, to be my lawful wedded Wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death us do part, according to God's holy ordinance; and thereto I plight thee my troth.

Bride: I,_____, take thee,_____, to be my lawful wedded Husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love, cherish, and to obey, till death us do part, according to God's holy ordinance; and thereto I give thee my troth.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2012, 9:12 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:

It often involves blood and tears and difficulty getting it in. I'm still a bit traumatised by losing mine.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2012, 9:42 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:

Are you serious?
Obedience is for dogs and children..

According to the traditional wedding vows

Book of Common Prayer wrote:
Groom: I,____, take thee,_____, to be my lawful wedded Wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death us do part, according to God's holy ordinance; and thereto I plight thee my troth.

Bride: I,_____, take thee,_____, to be my lawful wedded Husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love, cherish, and to obey, till death us do part, according to God's holy ordinance; and thereto I give thee my troth.

Screw the traditional wedding vows.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2012, 11:01 pm

Who_Am_I wrote:
Screw the traditional wedding vows.

The screwing takes places shortly after the wedding vows.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2012, 11:02 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:

It often involves blood and tears and difficulty getting it in. I'm still a bit traumatised by losing mine.

I've seen a few videos where defloration was purported. It does seem intriguing.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2012, 1:19 am

ArrantPariah wrote:
LKL wrote:
That's not romance. It's a business transaction. Again, I don't blame these women for their choice - given their options, it's logical - but to call it 'romantic' is beyond euphemistic. It's not about romance, it's not about partnership, it's not about companionship; it's about finding an aesthetically pleasing servant who has no other decent options.

All marriages are business transactions. Most of the men who enter into these particular marriages perceive that they really have no better options, either. And, indeed most people who marry feel that they have found the best possible partner.

Of course it is about partnership and companionship. Is a man really going to lock his wife away in a closet? Of course he wants a companion.

Some business transactions are about forming a partnership; some are about purchasing resources. Buying a wife based on 'obedience, aesthetics, and hard work' is about the latter, and, as someone else already mentioned, it's only about 'companionship' to the extent that owning a dog is about companionship.

Arrant Pariah, you sound smarmy when you say 'coitus' or 'ejaculatory administrator.' You're talking about sex and prostitutes, and using cutesy euphemisms only makes it seem like you're trying to pretend to be cleaner than you are. We all know what you're talking about.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2012, 8:42 am

LKL wrote:
Some business transactions are about forming a partnership; some are about purchasing resources. Buying a wife based on 'obedience, aesthetics, and hard work' is about the latter, and, as someone else already mentioned, it's only about 'companionship' to the extent that owning a dog is about companionship.

Whom one marries, what one seeks in a marriage partner, how one finds a spouse, are all very personal decisions, up to the people involved (or, in some countries, the parents). Most of these international marriages work out favourably. Of course, a wife's 'obedience, aesthetics, and hard work' would factor into one's decision. Who would want a wife who is mean, ugly, and sits around all day eating twinkies? A heterosexual feminist who was interested in marriage might have certain qualities that she sought in a mate, but might find it very difficult to find a man who measured up.

LKL wrote:
Arrant Pariah, you sound smarmy when you say 'coitus' or 'ejaculatory administrator.' You're talking about sex and prostitutes, and using cutesy euphemisms only makes it seem like you're trying to pretend to be cleaner than you are. We all know what you're talking about.

A few lines up, I did use the term screwing in lieu of coitus. I should hope that my choice of vocabulary would be perfectly understandable to the average reader. I use the term "executive ejaculatory administrator" because another feminist in another thread objected to my use of the term "prostitute." There is no pleasing everyone simultaneously. Especially feminists.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2012, 3:39 pm

^ I objected to the habitual use of the word 'whore'. It suggested a lack of respect.

Was it an imaginary feminist that objected to the word 'prostitute', perchance?

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2012, 3:52 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
^ I objected to the habitual use of the word 'whore'. It suggested a lack of respect.

Was it an imaginary feminist that objected to the word 'prostitute', perchance?

'Whore', 'prostitute', 'harlot', what's the difference?

'Executive Ejaculatory Administrator' is the most respectful position title that we have been able to muster.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2012, 3:55 pm

You call a woman a 'whore' as an insult, you don't call her a prostitute to insult her. What word do you hear in news sources?

It's like the difference between the phrase 'gay man' and the phrase 'arse bandit'.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2012, 4:02 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
You call a woman a 'whore' as an insult, you don't call her a prostitute to insult her. What word do you hear in news sources?

I don't know. I don't listen to much news. I should thing that some people would be insulted if called a "prostitute." But, "Executive Ejaculatory Administrator?" That title suggests someone with a great deal of class and professionalism.

puddingmouse wrote:
It's like the difference between the phrase 'gay man' and the phrase 'arse bandit'.

I never heard the term "arse bandit" before. Is that a common insult in UK?

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2012, 5:52 pm

LKL wrote:
That's not romance. It's a business transaction. Again, I don't blame these women for their choice - given their options, it's logical - but to call it 'romantic' is beyond euphemistic. It's not about romance, it's not about partnership, it's not about companionship; it's about finding an aesthetically pleasing servant who has no other decent options.

That sums up dating in America. It does help to look for other qualities, such as working, which will not improve after marriage, maintaining their image, a little gulttony and sloth can become a lot, and obey being plea bargined down to, at least sticking to what you agreed to do.

It is in law a Joint Venture, between unequals. As long as the Courts will give half of everything I have, and Alimoney, there is a status of leaving the customer, because the product changed its mind, and now claims lesser value for being used. To date, the Courts have put the total burden on the purchaser.

It is treated like a Lease, and I would never sign if besides myself breaking the Lease, and having to pay for the full term, my Landlord could break the Lease, and I would still have to pay for the full term.

Pre Nups give equality to the parties, in event of the Limited Partnership dissolving, it becomes a Rental Contract, with severance pay.

Before such things were covered by the Insurance, Bride Price in the East, and Dowery in the West, which were refundable in some cases. Both types were down payments on a long term link between families, who the person you married was just one. She married the women of your family, you married the men of hers.

As for Romance and Companionship, it is an agreement that you both hate everyone on earth, more than you hate each other. Sleeping together is universal, and things always forbidden, are now approved and in arms reach.

The current practice is just extended dating, with a half life of 18 months.

When that promotion comes through, relocation, enough money to get the BMW with the light tan leather seats, you realize she clashed with drapes, her choice of outfits looked out of place on the sofa, and you start thinking about how honey blond hair would look in the seats, and start looking for someone who's eye color goes with the paint. The BMW is a long term dream, with all the right accessories.

On her part you were a starter husband, good for a two year apartment lease, as she shopped for a house buying second horse. He saw it coming and got nothing down, 30 year, where it was a tax shelter, that when she took it from him, was funded by the government, and might house a few tax deductions. He did not miss a beat as he had an apartment, and a mistress, both as rentals. By the time the tax deductions turn eighteen, he can afford a horse farm, Aston Martin, and a Cheerleader.

On the American Plan everyone plans on it ending, and still getting the income, tax deductions, and reaching the long term goals.

The Vietnamese girls plan forever, work for it, and their husbands being regulated by family, and expense, also think of forever. Arranged marriages seem to last, more than western Romantic Love.

With one shot to make this work, or spend the rest of your life planting rice knee deep in mud, or losing face as a man who could not keep a woman happy, both tried hard, to make a life with this total stranger.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2012, 7:24 pm

arrant Pariah wrote:
A few lines up, I did use the term screwing in lieu of coitus. I should hope that my choice of vocabulary would be perfectly understandable to the average reader. I use the term "executive ejaculatory administrator" because another feminist in another thread objected to my use of the term "prostitute." There is no pleasing everyone simultaneously. Especially feminists.

"Executive ejaculatory administrator" is no more respectful of what a prostitute does than 'environmental consultant" is respectful of what a janitor does. It's smarmy and dishonest, pretending respect where you clearly feel none. it's NT.

@Inventor: I can't ever understand half of what you write, except that you're apparently divorced and bitter.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2012, 9:17 pm

LKL wrote:
arrant Pariah wrote:
There is no pleasing everyone simultaneously. Especially feminists.

"Executive ejaculatory administrator" is no more respectful of what a prostitute does than 'environmental consultant" is respectful of what a janitor does. It's smarmy and dishonest, pretending respect where you clearly feel none..

Q.E.D.

By the way, I have nothing but the utmost respect and appreciation for both Executive Ejaculatory Administrators and Environmental Consultants.