Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 3:57 pm

JakobVirgil wrote:
he was 19.
Now the police said he shot himself in the head and then hid the gun
while they were shooting at him. The gun has not been found.

If what you are saying about the cops changing stories is accurate, I think everyone will agree the cops are trying to stage a cover up.

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 4:24 pm

After doing some research, this whole situation really confuses the crap out of me. The dude is a convict who has a record for trying to pimp a 14 year old girl and he was on parole. He was shot with a .380 and apparently the cops carry .40 cal's but are they also allowed to carry back up pistols that aren't standard issue? It is really strange that they didn't found his gun but he was shot with a .380. They found a .45 cal somewhere but they couldn't find the .380. Now that I know he was a convict, it isn't a stretch to imagine that they probably did have good reason to treat him as a threat. But still, the cops are being really sketchy. Witnesses taking his gun sounds really BS and it doesn't sound plausible at all that the dude shot himself and yet they can't find the .380. All they found was a .380 bullet in his jacket pocket.

btw they didn't say they found a .380 bullet through his neck into his head, but that the chief of police believes it went though his neck and into his head. The chief medical examiner said her office's preliminary autopsy suggests that he was killed by a .380 bullet. Nowhere does it say they found the bullet lodged in his neck and head or that they found it anywhere near where he killed himself. I can't tell if they're being sketchy or if this is just biased reporting.

Anyways Inuyasha I'm a photoshop noob and the most experience I've had with it was back in comm tech but there are some pretty obvious edits.

1. So? There's a blemish on his nose in the top photo and not in the AP photo.
2. It looks like they emphasized his cheek bones making him look even more menacing.
3. How do the light sources look like they come from different locations? His skin looks somewhat lighter in the top picture and that's about it. They lightened his face up to emphasize the wrinkles on his face that make him look meaner, but if you look closer they are simply highlighted.

As for how this picture is skewed:

1. Notice the nostrils on the top picture are crooked and yet you can't see any wrinkles that show facial muscles pulling on one of the nostrils.
2. Notice how the wrinkles around his eyes don't look anymore strained than they do in the AP photo.
3. Notice how one ear looks way higher than the other. The AP photo does have him at a bit of an angle, but the top picture distorts it.

Take a good look at the wrinkles of his facial muscles since that's how I generally got the clues. They highlight the wrinkles, but the wrinkles don't look more stretched as if they're being pulled.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 4:54 pm

AceOfSpades wrote:
After doing some research, this whole situation really confuses the crap out of me. The dude is a convict who has a record for trying to pimp a 14 year old girl and he was on parole. He was shot with a .380 and apparently the cops carry .40 cal's but are they also allowed to carry back up pistols that aren't standard issue? It is really strange that they didn't found his gun but he was shot with a .380. They found a .45 cal somewhere but they couldn't find the .380. Now that I know he was a convict, it isn't a stretch to imagine that they probably did have good reason to treat him as a threat. But still, the cops are being really sketchy. Witnesses taking his gun sounds really BS and it doesn't sound plausible at all that the dude shot himself and yet they can't find the .380. All they found was a .380 bullet in his jacket pocket.

btw they didn't say they found a .380 bullet through his neck into his head, but that the chief of police believes it went though his neck and into his head. The chief medical examiner said her office's preliminary autopsy suggests that he was killed by a .380 bullet. Nowhere does it say they found the bullet lodged in his neck and head or that they found it anywhere near where he killed himself. I can't tell if they're being sketchy or if this is just biased reporting.

Anyways Inuyasha I'm a photoshop noob and the most experience I've had with it was back in comm tech but there are some pretty obvious edits.

1. So? There's a blemish on his nose in the top photo and not in the AP photo.
2. It looks like they emphasized his cheek bones making him look even more menacing.
3. How do the light sources look like they come from different locations? His skin looks somewhat lighter in the top picture and that's about it.

As for how this picture is skewed:

1. Notice the noses

1. The blemish on the nose could be the result of an injury or just noticible due to the lighting changes.
2. It is rather hard to actually photoshop someone's face like that in a really short period of time. The more zoomed in the final photo is supposed to be, the harder it becomes. It is a lot easier to quickly photoshop edit a nonorganic object. Remember a photoshop picture is 2D, and would have been starting from a jpg or a bmp. They didn't have a digital model of the man where they could alter the face model while using the same texture.

My area isn't animation/gaming, but from my experience the kind of edits you are talking about would take even a photography professional a bit of time. Dealing with red eye, and flash glare is entirely different then actually distorting bits and pieces of the image.

3. If you look at the edges and the sides of the images you can see shadowing in the AP photo that is washed out in the top photo, this is why I'm suggesting the possibility the two photos were by different cameras. The fact shadows and shading seems washed out can be a combination of factors.
i. could be top photo was taken with a flash which would explain the shadows being washed out
ii. lighting conditions could have been different with added light sources for the top photo
iii. the camera for the top photo had a contrast issue. This would explain the washed out look and if they had used photoshop in that situation it would be to attempt to fix the photo (which would be difficult to do because all the inputs would have been messed up when the camera took the photo).
iv. It could be AP obtained a family photo of the man, and the top photo is a more recent photo.

The Skew effect, can be caused by multiple factors including camera tilt. There is a line in the AP photo that is not present in the top photo, which leads me to speculate the photos were taken at different times. It could be that he broke his nose sometime after the photo the AP obtained was actually taken.

Then we have to consider the Top photo is zoomed in, when trying to edit a photo you do not want to have it zoomed in like that because it makes the work stand out more. If you were editting a photo, you shouldn't be any more than 110% the scale of the original photo in the final version, or you start getting pixelation (it could be larger with some of the more modern cameras).

I'm not sure if there are programs out there that can do some of these edits automatically, but the fact the top picture is zoomed in like it is, leads me to believe it probably wasn't photoshopped. It looks more like it was taken by an amateur photographer whom had their digital camera setting set wrong.

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 9:01 pm

So lets assume that there was no photoshoping going on <I don't believe this but sure whatever>
Why do some out lets use the menacing picture (of obviously lower quality) and others use the sympathetic one?

Their hungry thirsty roots??

http://jakobvirgil.blogspot.com/

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 9:02 pm

JakobVirgil wrote:
So lets assume that there was no photoshoping going on <I don't believe this but sure whatever>
Why do some out lets use the menacing picture (of obviously lower quality) and others use the sympathetic one?
And we are talking about the network that made a HUGE fuss over liberal media having slightly darker smoke in some pics.

number5
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2011, 9:18 am

This is nothing new. Fox often creates their own reality by subtly altering the truth and presenting it as fact. They keep their editorial team hard at work. Here's a couple of other Faux images:

It's not just images either. I recently posted a topic about the execution of a guy in Texas who murdered and Indian store clerk for retaliation of the 9/11 attacks. Many outlets simply present the AP story. Fox also presented the exact same AP story, but they changed the headline.

The official and original headline was: "Texas man executed for post 9/11 killing."

The Fox version was: ""Texas Man Executed for Killing Middle Eastern Store Clerk"

Not only did Fox present a blatant lie, but their readers are now led to believe that the AP are the idiots here as one commenter noted: 'they [the AP] can't even get their facts straight. Just look at the title. Lamestream media sucks.' or something to that effect. It's not an exact quote because I can't find the comments section now.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/20/te ... latestnews

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/ ... TE=DEFAULT

It's so sly and sneaky. Pure propaganda.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2011, 9:38 am

JakobVirgil wrote:

Is that a rhetorical question? Anyone with an axe to grind will use whatever promotes his agenda.

ruveyn