In your view was Jesus a human or God or both ?

Page 1 of 8 [ 127 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

mikecartwright
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Nov 2011, 9:25 pm

In your view was Jesus a human or God or both ?

Was Jesus Perfect God and Perfect Man at the Same Time?

http://www3.sympatico.ca/shabir.ally/new_page_26.htm

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 9:33 pm

Jesus was a really chill surfer kind of guy who made tables n s**t for a living and loved everyone and he'd be real upset to know people are making such a fuss over his dad

Vince
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 9:35 pm

I view Jesus as a largely fictional character, who may or may not have been partially based on real people.
Also, I view said fictional character as not perfect but rather flawed. Which is not necessarily a detriment to the stories, as flawless characters are practically useless in creating interesting narratives. However, there are a few other problems with some of the tales surrounding this particular character, which I won't go into here, as this is a discussion of the character and not the surrounding work.

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 10:39 am

I believe he was a man just like any of us, and that he was obedient toward his "father" in the heavens just like any of us can be ... if we wish and are willing to follow his example.

But then, of course, other people might "wish us dead" for doing so.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 11:17 am

Which Jesus? Jesus is the Greek form of Y'hoshuah (or Joshuah in English). Y'hoshua (Yesu for short) is a fairly common name in Hebrew and Aramaic.

The Romans nailed up many troublemakers onto crosses.

So which one?

ruveyn

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 12:23 pm

He's not a god or a human, his mom was obviously abducted by aliens and artificially impregnated with Jesus....so he was a humanoid being from another planet....that might sound insane but that is what I got out of reading the parts of the bible that talk about him and it seems to be the most logical explination for a virgin giving birth. It also explains her perception of being told by an 'angel' that she would have a child.

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 1:00 pm

Vigilans wrote:
Jesus was a really chill surfer kind of guy who made tables n sh** for a living and loved everyone and he'd be real upset to know people are making such a fuss over his dad
:lol:

He seemed like a totally gnarly dude who has been mythologized big time. I'm pretty sure he has hit some massive waves since he's tubular like that but I have a hard time believing he walked on them.

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 1:21 pm

So are we taking the "was" as given in order to get to the "what was?"

peebo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 1:34 pm

is neither an option?

?Civil government, so far as it is instituted for the security of property, is in reality instituted for the defense of the rich against the poor, or of those who have some property against those who have none at all.?

Adam Smith

Vince
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 3:45 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
He's not a god or a human, his mom was obviously abducted by aliens and artificially impregnated with Jesus....so he was a humanoid being from another planet....that might sound insane but that is what I got out of reading the parts of the bible that talk about him and it seems to be the most logical explination for a virgin giving birth. It also explains her perception of being told by an 'angel' that she would have a child.

That's the most logical explanation? More logical than it never happened?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 3:48 pm

Vince wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

That's the most logical explanation? More logical than it never happened?

It's logical if it happened......but I was not there so I can't say wether or not it did.

fraac
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 3:54 pm

Human, obviously, and autistic.

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 4:19 pm

fraac wrote:

I might regret asking but what makes you think he was autistic?

Personally, I'm unsure whether Jesus, as described in the Bible, ever existed. If he did then he was an exemplary person, though it seems more likely to me that the Biblical Jesus is an amalgamation of several preachers who lived around the same time.

NineTailedFox
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Nov 2011, 4:54 pm

Jesus was obviously a zombie.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 4:56 pm

AceOfSpades wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Jesus was a really chill surfer kind of guy who made tables n sh** for a living and loved everyone and he'd be real upset to know people are making such a fuss over his dad
:lol:

He seemed like a totally gnarly dude who has been mythologized big time. I'm pretty sure he has hit some massive waves since he's tubular like that but I have a hard time believing he walked on them.

The truth about the walking on water thing is that he was totally amped one day and decided to shoot the curl on the Sea of Galilee and his record for surfing there still stands to this day. Back then his surfboard was made out of wood infused with frankincense and myrrh, all made in his gnarly carpenter shop

fraac
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 5:47 pm

Lecks wrote:
fraac wrote:

I might regret asking but what makes you think he was autistic?

His attitude to other people, the fact he could heal people, how he could see what people would do in the future. If you were autistic and your special interest was people you would wind up with a very Jesus-like perspective. I identify with him a lot.