Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2011, 9:20 am

donnie_darko wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:
didn't we already do this thread like last week?

I think no. "world war" implies that at least most of the major world powers will be involved, and i think that modern communication makes it much harder to convince a preponderance of russians that all americans want to destroy them or whatever.

They wouldn't have to convince their people. They could just launch the nukes. And I don't think it's really changed that much; the Cold War only just ended in the 1990s. Sure there was no Internet, but the world in say, the 1960s, was pretty modern and quite globalized already. It wasn't the stone age.

W O R D!

People need to get a clue. Communism in Russia and China has simply been replaced by thugocracy. In most ways these countries are more dangerous now because they are not hobbled by impractical economics.

Americans are the only ones who think the cold war is over. Russia and China are both very ambitious powers and the US is still their only credible rival.

I think proxy wars are more likely than direct conflict but anything could happen.

I also would not rule out a limited nuclear exchange between Iran and Israel or Pakistan and India or even a [nuclear] terrorist event of some sort in the next few years.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2011, 9:44 am

cw10 wrote:
Iran will have nukes in about a year according to the news.

The end 2012 is coming in about a year.

Coincidence?
The news always say that Iran will have nukes within a year.

We already live in a world in which North Korea has nukes. Iran is a puppy in comparison.

TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2011, 11:34 am

GoonSquad wrote:
donnie_darko wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:
didn't we already do this thread like last week?

I think no. "world war" implies that at least most of the major world powers will be involved, and i think that modern communication makes it much harder to convince a preponderance of russians that all americans want to destroy them or whatever.

They wouldn't have to convince their people. They could just launch the nukes. And I don't think it's really changed that much; the Cold War only just ended in the 1990s. Sure there was no Internet, but the world in say, the 1960s, was pretty modern and quite globalized already. It wasn't the stone age.

W O R D!

People need to get a clue. Communism in Russia and China has simply been replaced by thugocracy. In most ways these countries are more dangerous now because they are not hobbled by impractical economics.

Americans are the only ones who think the cold war is over. Russia and China are both very ambitious powers and the US is still their only credible rival.

I think proxy wars are more likely than direct conflict but anything could happen.

I also would not rule out a limited nuclear exchange between Iran and Israel or Pakistan and India or even a [nuclear] terrorist event of some sort in the next few years.

if a nuclear terrorist event happened that alone could spark a nuclear war depending on the time, place, and political situation at the moment

MW3 was right in saying all it takes is the will of one man, you may think since its a game it has no credibility but in order for it to make any sense they needed to have done their homework and in todays political situation it wouldnt take much to start a war, we have fought over much less.

personally i see our presence in the Middle East as a modern day crusade, the Christian Right(American Majority for now anyway) against Islam. thats how it seems to me. its a religicide of Islam, even on American soil we have major Islamophobia to the point of outright violence(and if you look at most cases, the Christian leaders(i think mainly Catholic and Baptist but i can't remember off the top of my head) is ALMOST always involved or leading it in most cases

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2011, 11:46 am

TheKing wrote:
GoonSquad wrote:
donnie_darko wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:

personally i see our presence in the Middle East as a modern day crusade, the Christian Right(American Majority for now anyway) against Islam. thats how it seems to me. its a religicide of Islam, even on American soil we have major Islamophobia to the point of outright violence(and if you look at most cases, the Christian leaders(i think mainly Catholic and Baptist but i can't remember off the top of my head) is ALMOST always involved or leading it in most cases

They invaded those countries hoping that would be terrorists would engage them there instead of over here, but in the process they've done nothing but made matters worse for themselves. And when I say themselves, I mean us.

TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2011, 1:13 pm

snapcap wrote:
TheKing wrote:
GoonSquad wrote:
donnie_darko wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:

They invaded those countries hoping that would be terrorists would engage them there instead of over here, but in the process they've done nothing but made matters worse for themselves. And when I say themselves, I mean us.

keyword: would be terrorists

we are forcing this on ourselves by forcing them into this situation to generate enough American hatred towards them that we caused to artificially justify complete extermination and eradication of Islam, all to clear the "Holy Land" of their presence for the Christian Right

remember as Richard Dawkins said in The God Delusion that the biggest difference between condemning and condoning genocide is religion

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2011, 3:03 pm

cw10 wrote:

Coincidence?

Perhaps, or perhaps it is a convenient time to start this war to add more fear to the war mongering my country has been doing for decades. Notice we always have an enemy, someone to hate? weather it be the Japanese, communists and now terrorists. now even usa born Americans are being targeted without a fair trial, jury of there peers or anything.

Perhaps they do this so we are so focused on what outside force to hate we dont notice the terrorism our country is doing to us..... Just food for thought.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2011, 3:07 pm

There are no grim war clouds gathering on the horizon as was the case in the 1930s. Given the terrible power of nuclear weapons, no one is going to start a major conflict any time soon. Having A-bombs pretty well put an end to major league saber rattling.

ruveyn

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2011, 4:06 pm

Unfortunately there are times that atomic bombs are actually used in warfare.

Abgal64
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Dec 2011, 6:31 pm

androbot2084 wrote:
Unfortunately there are times that atomic bombs are actually used in warfare.
Twice, at the end of WW2...

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2011, 7:48 pm

Vexcalibur wrote:
cw10 wrote:
...We already live in a world in which North Korea has nukes. Iran is a puppy in comparison.

Yes, but Iran is a puppy that has been kicked allot.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2011, 7:55 pm

cw10 wrote:

Coincidence?

How can the end be coming in 2012 when I have items in my pantry that expire in 2013?