If You Really Have Created Your Own Spiritual Structure

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

MindWithoutWalls
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2012, 4:33 pm

Let's try this and see if it works out:

If you really have sincerely created your own spiritual structure (religion / path / spiritually oriented philosophy) and written about it, whether it's based on something else or totally your own, I invite you to post your link to it here.

Humorous beliefs are okay. Humor can express just as sincere beliefs as seriousness. But I respectfully request that you please only post if you've actually created your own system. That's the point of this thread. It's a resource. Please don't use deception to lead people to sites intended simply to mock others.

Please do not flame anyone here. This thread is not intended either to force any particular beliefs on anyone or to provoke put-downs of anyone's beliefs. It's only meant to provide a place where people who've gone their own way can let others know where to find what they've written. What you think of what you find when you read it is up to you. Follow links at your own risk.

If you want to critique the beliefs that people have posted links to, it would be preferable if you start your own thread for the purpose of critiquing in general. Then people will be forewarned about the contents and can choose whether or not to go there. Anyone following that new thread does so at their own risk. Fair enough?

I'll take the risk first, to see how it goes. Mine is Basicanism. There. That's all I'm asking for. Anyone else?

Thanks! I look forward to some interesting reading!

Loitering is encouraged at The Wayshelter: http://wayshelter.com

MindWithoutWalls
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2012, 11:15 pm

Okay, alternately, if you haven't got anything posted anywhere that you can link to yet, would anyone be willing to make a blog post or something and link to that?

I really did mean I was interested in learning about what others had decided for themselves. I've read posts in which people refer to having gone their own way, and I'd like to know what that means for them. I'm curious what sorts of things we consider important and how we think things work. I want to know what people around here find to be true outside of the established traditions.

thedaywalker
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2012, 5:41 am

i've decided that the creation of a set of rules acording to a belief can not be a way to honour any kind of god for the rules that are inforced upon us by the laws of physics are the only true rules of god. after that i try and do things in good conciouses and acording to my own aspirations and desires. every situation is diffrent from the temprature to the weather conditions to the kind of soil and the people involved no 2 situations are the same to try and create a rule that will work in all situations within a certain parameter is sacriligous.

NarcissusSavage
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2012, 6:06 am

I haven't written about it in great detail, as I sort of assumed someone else independently came up with on their own years ago and has probably written about it. But, the closest thing I have to a belief is not really one, more like a sneaking suspicion... but none the less, it is something like this;

Much like our mind is a composite of its many parts, and the interconnections between the cells, strings of amino acids and hormones etc etc, so to would I suspect something is happening on another scale. But what's fascinating is that self awareness, consciousness seems to be an emergent phenomenon, not attributable to any particular part, but a function of the whole. I'm beginning to suspect something similar is happening with the human race. We are each much like the brain cell, and between use we share thoughts and ideas, subtle nuances and grand stories, beliefs and traditions...knowledge is forming that transcends any lifespan of a single individual, and I think, as our interconnections grow, as we are becoming both more populated and more interconnected, an emergent super consciousness is forming. It is still primordial, infantile at best, but, my suspicion is that we, the human race, are becoming a god.

Again, not a belief, but interesting to ponder all the same.

MindWithoutWalls
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2012, 11:03 pm

thedaywalker, good point. If I understand you correctly, you choose to honor God with an approach of scientific understanding, flexibility and adaptation, and the balance between conscience and personal benefit. Thanks for posting!

NarcissusSavage, that is an interesting idea to ponder. I appreciate your contribution. I don't know if anyone else has thought of it before, but I like that, for you, it came from your own thinking, not from simply following what someone else said was right. I've heard of similar ideas before, but yours is a bit different from the rest. Thanks for your comments, too!

Anyone else, either by link or by post in this thread?