Page 3 of 6 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

SEV3
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Mar 2012, 11:26 am

Check out this article from today's NYTimes: The Long Run By Michael Barbaro "Legislators Recall Governor Who Didn't Mingle". Am interested in what you think about it? It made me do a search that led me to this discussion.

Oldout
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2012, 11:57 am

In order to have AS one needs a brain. Romney is the infotech world's most human robot and unfortunately the Republicans had the money to buy him.

scubasteve
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2012, 6:31 pm

There seems to be a post like this about every famous person... No, I don't see it at all.

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2012, 9:49 pm

Declension wrote:
pandabear wrote:
He's talking about cars because car manufacturing is (or used to be) important in Michigan, where he is campaigning.

Yes, he is trying to pander. But any normal person would say something different. Remember, he has had time to prepare this speech.

When he talks about his ability to recognise a car from a certain part, he is really talking about an ability or hobby that he used to have. It's strange, obscure, and something that he is proud of. He even makes the point that he isn't so good at doing it with Japanese cars. At this point, he is way beyond pandering. He is telling a true story about his life that people cannot relate to. How many people make a habit of guessing cars from car parts?

IDK, maybe, but aren't most Aspies anti-religion?

11 Mar 2012, 11:44 pm

Declension wrote:
I am vaguely following American politics, and it seems very plausible to me that Republican candidate Mitt Romney has some kind of high-functioning autism. He is often described as being like an alien, or a robot, finds odd things to be amusing, and genuinely seems to have an extremely simple, naive personality. He was an "energetic child", and he has achieved success in a field that most people would find boring (venture capitalism).

He is often accused of "having no convictions", or "having no personality", which reminds me a lot of many people with Asperger's syndrome. He simply is not an ideologue, and just wants to try to do his best.

But the clincher was when I saw this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHaMqHh5NZ4

Everything about this clip screams "Asperger's" to me. He is actually being quite genuine, but the way he describes his feelings is very odd. His description of "the right height for trees" reminds me hugely of the sort of thing that aspies say. Also, he clearly had a special interest in cars, and is probably not exaggerating when he says that he had a photographic memory for them.

I think that he is a very misunderstood figure. He isn't a heartless monster, he's an aspie who maybe has a very naive idea of how the world works.

:lmao:

Despite being a democrat(but not a registered party member), I would gladly vote for him in the republican primary against Dick Sanitorum if I could.

EXPECIALLY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2012, 12:52 pm

The same thing has crossed my mind but I doubt it very seriously.

Traits-definitely. Maybe he was even more autistic as a child but I don't get AS from him now.

I'm on;y saying no because I like to look at actual Asperger's syndrome through a pretty narrow scope. I see many who are close/BAP.

Also I think a person like him could really get this country into shape (LIKE him, I am a little uniformed right now and don't know enough about his platform).

It's just that Americans want someone with natural charisma or at least someone who can fake it well and don't care about what that person can actually do.

I do agree that mitt seems to have a very narrow focus and specialized way of thinking. It turns many people off but could do great things for this country.

HDTV...

Whatever.

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2012, 1:10 pm

NO.
If anything, he's an Overlord from the planet Corporatron.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2012, 1:20 pm

EXPECIALLY wrote:
I do agree that mitt seems to have a very narrow focus and specialized way of thinking. It turns many people off but could do great things for this country.

Couple things on that:

1) Mormon's prize themselves on being big achievers so it looks like in that respect it could be quite a friendly religion to NT's with strong traits.

2) Hopefully where things go outside his scope of strengths he has a good intuition for knowing who knows what they're talking about. To be as successful in the business world as he is though I get the feeling that he does have that intuition.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 6:36 pm

I thought he was a Democrat method actor or a sociopath :? if it's the latter yes Mick 47 % of Americans are entitled to their gruel and stale bread.as unbelievable as it may sound

I think he should be the next protagonist in the Bioshock game :!:

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 7:47 pm

YippySkippy wrote:
NO.

I will bet you a dozen donuts that a corporation made the computer you are using.

ruveyn

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 8:00 pm

ruveyn wrote:
YippySkippy wrote:
NO.

I will bet you a dozen donuts that a corporation made the computer you are using.

ruveyn

And the arse people of the world spent their days wiping the arses of these computer people freeing their valuable time to become producative and remarkable computer people, On an aspie forum this irrational adulation of ovarian lottery winners you have leaves me seriously confused.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 9:37 pm

aussiebloke wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
YippySkippy wrote:
NO.

ruveyn

And the arse people of the world spent their days wiping the arses of these computer people freeing their valuable time to become producative and remarkable computer people, On an aspie forum this irrational adulation of ovarian lottery winners you have leaves me seriously confused.

Most of the ovarian lottery winners became rich because they were smart or original or well organized and focused as opposed to the losers whose main talent is whining about The Injustice of It All. Tell me, what Ovarian Lottery did Thomas Edison and Steve Jobs win? Neither were from rich families or inheritors of great wealth.

ruveyn

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 9:42 pm

^^^

well it's nice to know we can all be millionaires if we put our minds to it even the arse people . :)

LunaticOnTheGrass
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Sep 2012, 10:04 pm

aussiebloke wrote:
^^^

well it's nice to know we can all be millionaires if we put our minds to it even the arse people . :)

Indeed!

Because quite clearly the trickle-down method espoused by the Millionaires and Billionaires is conducive to upward social mobility.

CSBurks
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 10:41 pm

Cornflake wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Mitt is a shallow NT.

ruveyn
QFT.

QFT^2

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 7:41 am

aussiebloke wrote:
^^^

Putting one's mind to it is necessary but not sufficient. One must also have some essential talents among which are the ability to focus ones efforts and identify problems accurately. Also having a bit of luck doesn't hurt one bit.

Most people do not have the focus and drive to be successful business persons which is why most people end up working for others.

ruveyn