Page 1 of 10 [ 160 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2012, 4:47 pm

WilliamWDelaney wrote:
There. I think I was fair.

Lol, I had no idea that you held him so close to your heart.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2012, 5:05 pm

Quote:
In the hours immediately following Senator Ted Kennedy's death, Breitbart called Kennedy a "villain", a "duplicitous bastard", a "prick" and "a special pile of human excrement

The good die young.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

01 Mar 2012, 5:06 pm

I'm glad nobody here is dancing on his grave(yet), a lot people on twitter are not so civilized. 'And people wonder why political discourse in this country is so messed up...

No matter what you think of the guy, he had a wife and 4 young children. 43 years old is way too young die.

Billybones
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Mar 2012, 5:23 pm

I don't want to come across as disrespectful right after the man passed away. He was undoubtedly one of the more polarizing figures on the scene, but I can look past disagreement on political issues, really.

But what he did to Shirley Sherrod 2 years ago is simply unforgivable. Solely for the purpose of striking at the Obama administration, he was perfectly willing to ruin this lady's career by doing a hatchet job on a speech she gave, selectively editing to make it appear that she was saying precisely the opposite of what she was really trying to say, just to push the racial hot-button. But then, I don't know what's worse: what he actually did, or the way so many media (Fox News in particular) chose to run with it.

MagicToenail
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Mar 2012, 5:29 pm

Compare Larry Flynt's conduct about the Bob Livingston affair, where he left out the more sordid details because Livingston's wife begged him to, to Breitbart's glee over the Anthony Weiner scandal. He kept on piling it on long after Weiner resigned just to further humiliate him .Larry Flynt is also an attention hound second to none, but he acted far more humanely and ethically.
That said, I wish Breitbart had lived long enough to recant his actions on his deathbed like Lee Atwater did.

WilliamWDelaney
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2012, 5:31 pm

Billybones wrote:
I don't want to come across as disrespectful right after the man passed away. He was undoubtedly one of the more polarizing figures on the scene, but I can look past disagreement on political issues, really.

But what he did to Shirley Sherrod 2 years ago is simply unforgivable. Solely for the purpose of striking at the Obama administration, he was perfectly willing to ruin this lady's career by doing a hatchet job on a speech she gave, selectively editing to make it appear that she was saying precisely the opposite of what she was really trying to say, just to push the racial hot-button. But then, I don't know what's worse: what he actually did, or the way so many media (Fox News in particular) chose to run with it.
Mendacity. That's a major strike against him, yes.

Magictoenail wrote:
Breitbart's glee over the Anthony Weiner scandal. He kept on piling it on long after Weiner resigned just to further humiliate him
Oy vey. Okay, you have me convinced.

Last edited by WilliamWDelaney on 01 Mar 2012, 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2012, 5:35 pm

If you want to be mad at someone about Weinergate then be mad at Anthony Weiner for being a creepy perv. Breitbart didn't make him post dick pics on Twitter for the world too see and then lie about it.

WilliamWDelaney
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2012, 5:36 pm

Jacoby wrote:
If you want to be mad at someone about Weinergate then be mad at Anthony Weiner for being a creepy perv.
I ask that you unwind a coat hanger and shove it into your rectum as a way of punishing yourself for being an obnoxious piece of human slime.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2012, 5:43 pm

WilliamWDelaney wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
If you want to be mad at someone about Weinergate then be mad at Anthony Weiner for being a creepy perv.
I ask that you unwind a coat hanger and shove it into your rectum as a way of punishing yourself for being an obnoxious piece of human slime.

I think you should find another forum to post on.

WilliamWDelaney
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2012, 5:50 pm

Jacoby wrote:
WilliamWDelaney wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

I think you should find another forum to post on.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_of_Tyler_Clementihttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_of_Tyler_Clementi

You are a perverted person who has a voyeuristic obsession with the sexual affairs of others, and it disgusts me on several levels. You know very well what your reaction would be if your intimate affairs were made into a public scandal, and you don't care. You don't care how damaging it is to another person's dignity. It doesn't cross your mind to care. You are not human enough to care.

MagicToenail
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Mar 2012, 6:07 pm

Jacoby wrote:
If you want to be mad at someone about Weinergate then be mad at Anthony Weiner for being a creepy perv. Breitbart didn't make him post dick pics on Twitter for the world too see and then lie about it.

Breitbart had everything he could have wanted, a resignation, confession and apology, but he still piled it on. That reflects a childish personality at best, a sadistic one at worst.
Besides, sexting isn't the worst crime on Earth, like the media made it out to be.

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2012, 6:09 pm

He did say vile things about Ted Kennedy on the day he died. He was a political flamethrower in the spirit of Ann Coulter.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2012, 6:10 pm

@delany

One, get yourself a chill pill. I'm not a person to cry to moderators but I doubt you'll be around much longer if you continue to post that way.

As for Weiner's weiner, it was him that posted it to his tens of thousands of followers. That's not diving into his private affairs, he made it public and made it doubly worse by lying to the entire nation about it. It's not anybody's fault but his own. I feel sorry for his wife but not him.

There is absolutely no connection to the cruelty that Tyler Clementi suffered to Anthony Weiner posting his penis on the internet.

WilliamWDelaney
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2012, 6:22 pm

There is nothing that revolts me more than the kind of vile insect that helps feed the scandal machine. How disgusting. It is perverted. It is the one thing that cost me every bit of faith I had in American journalism.

It is the most filthy form of yellow journalism. I would gladly outlaw it, screw "freedom of speech." It disgusts me on every possible level. It is the most perverted thing I can think of. It does nothing to me if someone does something strange in the privacy of his or her own bedroom or even posts an image of it on his or her personal Twitter page. That is a person's personal life. Invading upon it is WRONG. It's just wrong. It is the most truly perverted thing that I can imagine.

If a person's personal life is being broadcast and posted in that way, it's not that person who is a "pervert." A person is not a "pervert" just because you don't understand that person's sexual proclivities. The pervert in this picture is YOU, and you disgust me.

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2012, 6:41 pm

Even after Weiner admitted it, Breitbart shopped a new photo around and went on a morning zoo type radio program to show it off and laugh about it. It subsequently "leaked". Weiner had a pregnant wife at the time.

He was no saint so I don't know why anyone has to pretend otherwise. He was on the tabloid edge of the political operative food chain.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2012, 6:44 pm

Twitter is in the public forum, not a personal email or anywhere you'd have a reasonable expectation of privacy. Unless your account is private, everything you tweet is public on Twitter. I consider people that send pictures of their "member" to strangers unsolicited to be perverts, that is my opinion.