Page 8 of 12 [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2012, 2:54 pm

that's odd. after Terlingua's extensive internet debates in search of a way that feminism benefits men.... we found him an example... and then he doesn't stick around to let us know which one of the feminist organisations he decided to join. :D

Terlingua wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
are you planning to join a feminist cause if it can be shown that it promotes men's rights or offers a benefit to men as well?

If I find one that strives toward equality for everyone, yes, absolutely.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2012, 3:05 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
that's odd. after Terlingua's extensive internet debates in search of a way that feminism benefits men.... we found him an example... and then he doesn't stick around to let us know which one of the feminist organisations he decided to join. :D

Terlingua wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
are you planning to join a feminist cause if it can be shown that it promotes men's rights or offers a benefit to men as well?

I think the whole "I'll join a feminist organization!!" was just a bluff

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2012, 3:13 pm

Vigilans wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

Terlingua wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

I think the whole "I'll join a feminist organization!!" was just a bluff

bwahahahaha i know, that's why i got him to say it outright..... i knew we'd come up with an example for him, and that he would evaporate when it was time to put him to concede. it was just kind of fun to remind him.

TM
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2012, 3:32 pm

Feminism benefits men in that it has educated young women who are capable of telling men what beasts they are and socially program them to change their nature.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2012, 5:04 pm

TM wrote:
Feminism benefits men in that it has educated young women who are capable of telling men what beasts they are and socially program them to change their nature.

Teh pooor menz suffer so!

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2012, 5:06 pm

TM wrote:
What do you think is male and female nature?

TM
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2012, 5:11 pm

Vexcalibur wrote:
TM wrote:

Would it matter if I told you? I'm sure you and LKL can land the same tirade without my statement as you would with it, regardless of the content.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2012, 5:12 pm

TM: YGM. :)

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2012, 5:14 pm

TM wrote:
Vexcalibur wrote:
TM wrote:

Would it matter if I told you? I'm sure you and LKL can land the same tirade without my statement as you would with it, regardless of the content.

Well, the beauty of this all is that by not addressing the question you look as dishonest to any outsider reading the discussion instead of just me and LKL.

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2012, 5:29 pm

Thank god for feminism! If it wasn't for women being taxed, how much do you think us guys would be taxed?

:P

some atheist to stick: "You're like me!"

SpiritBlooms
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2012, 5:31 pm

The point of feminism is not to help men, that's why it's called feminism. But it's interesting to note that many of the early suffragists in the US were also abolitionists and some believed that until blacks were freed from slavery there could be no equality of the sexes. Abolition of slavery was their first priority. So I would say that a lot of black men were aided to some degree by feminism, in the form of feminist/abolitionists.

There's also a lot less pressure on men today to marry, have a large family and fully support the wife and family.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2012, 5:33 pm

TM wrote:

it appears you don't have anything of merit to offer to the discussion.

TM
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2012, 5:44 pm

Vexcalibur wrote:
TM wrote:
Vexcalibur wrote:
TM wrote:

Well, the beauty of this all is that by not addressing the question you look as dishonest to any outsider reading the discussion instead of just me and LKL.

What motivation do I have to satisfy the urge of yours to attack whatever I post? What is there to gain for me? I pretty much know what a reply of yours or LKL's would consist of, I know what my reply to that would be.

What interests me now is to understand why yourself and LKL seem so hellbent on doing a pisspoor job at provoking me into doing what you desire.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2012, 5:53 pm

TM, I ask again: why are you even here?

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2012, 5:53 pm

TM wrote:
What motivation do I have to satisfy the urge of yours to attack whatever I post? What is there to gain for me? I pretty much know what a reply of yours or LKL's would consist of, I know what my reply to that would be.

What interests me now is to understand why yourself and LKL seem so hellbent on doing a pisspoor job at provoking me into doing what you desire.

Well, you are certainly doing an Herculean effort not to answer a very simple question. Simply addressing the question would have been far easier than your attempt to appear sanctimonious.

One got to wonder why would you be afraid of the audience finding out what you think is female and male nature...

TM
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2012, 6:33 pm

LKL wrote:
TM, I ask again: why are you even here?

Because I hope at one point or another you and your cohorts will post something I haven't heard 100.000 times before and present an argument that I cannot complete by myself.