Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

ErikMouse
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Apr 2005, 4:15 am

And while I am thinking about it, I wanted to also bring this up here. Sometime ago, I was reading a page on Bible Code that was http://exodus2006.com/3code.htm and it made me before scared because it was saying how asteroids and comets are going to hit the Earth in 2006-2007.

Then on top of that, there was a mention of Popes and Prophecies where there was the Prophecy of the Popes where there was to be three popes and then the sky turns red with the sun rising from the west instead of the east. If anyone has anything to say about all of this or can help make me feel better, please let me know.

Erik

"I'm very kind, and easy to please! I'll be your friend, if you give me some cheese!"

queerpuppy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Apr 2005, 6:10 am

I don't know if it'll make you feel better, but some bits of the Bible have been mis-translated, making prophecies based on code from the bible unreliable.

There have also been many prophecies of apocolyptic situations based on the Bible, none of which have come true yet.

We are at more risk from direct human activity - wars, climate change etc, than we are at rick from asteroids and suchlike.

BlackLiger
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2005, 6:11 am

Well, according to most modern interpretation, if this is to be taken as true, the only way for the sky to turn red and the 'sun' to rise in the west is a nuclear weapon........ so pray its not true!

TB_Samurai
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Apr 2005, 6:14 am

Lots of people have been predicting the end of the world, even with all sorts of proof, and they have been wrong every time. I thought the Bible said that no one would know when the end would be.

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2005, 7:02 am

Do I really have to point out that Bible codes are utter cobblers? Is it really necessary? Oh alright then........ *resigned shrug and shake of head* Bible codes are cobblers...... :roll: There you go..... And relax.....

It has been amply demonstrated that you can find anything you want to in Bible codes (a bit like the Bible itself then really :wink:) - I think someone found the lyrics to "Money For Nothing" by Dire Straits (if memory serves - it was a song of that nature anyway) in one of these codes to illustrate their futility...... There are real things in the world worthy of getting worried about (the Bible its very self for starters....) - Bible code "predictions" are not among them.

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2005, 1:36 pm

The world was suppose to end two years ago with the arrival of planet X.

Of course planet X never came.

On September 1, 1859 the sun tried to wipe us out, it failed.

74,000 years ago a volcano in indonesia tried to wipe us out, it failed

Mankind is hard to kill off.

ErikMouse
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Apr 2005, 4:48 pm

BlackLiger wrote:
Well, according to most modern interpretation, if this is to be taken as true, the only way for the sky to turn red and the 'sun' to rise in the west is a nuclear weapon........ so pray its not true!

Well, on that same page from my earlier post, there is an Atomic 2010 listed that could be the time of the nuclear weapon you are talking about.

Erik

"I'm very kind, and easy to please! I'll be your friend, if you give me some cheese!"

ErikMouse
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Apr 2005, 4:54 pm

Scoots5012 wrote:
The world was suppose to end two years ago with the arrival of planet X.

Of course planet X never came.

On September 1, 1859 the sun tried to wipe us out, it failed.

74,000 years ago a volcano in indonesia tried to wipe us out, it failed

Mankind is hard to kill off.

Sounds like you could be reading too much stuff from the TT-Watch Yahoo! Group on Planet X. In that case, there was the group I founded a long time ago called "Planet-X-Rumors" for debunking stuff like that, and it now sounds like we may need to bring Bible Code and Pope Prophecies into it as well.

171NewYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Apr 2005, 4:58 pm

St. Malachy, a 10th-century Irish bishop, predicted one thing about every pope effective in 1143. He has never gone wrong. His predictions would make Benedict XVI the second-to-last pope, however. This means that the end of the Papacy could happen within my lifetime.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophesy_of_the_Popes

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2005, 5:35 pm

ErikMouse wrote:
Sounds like you could be reading too much stuff from the TT-Watch Yahoo! Group on Planet X. In that case, there was the group I founded a long time ago called "Planet-X-Rumors" for debunking stuff like that, and it now sounds like we may need to bring Bible Code and Pope Prophecies into it as well.

I actually first heard about planet X on the Art Bell radio show back in July 2002. I then read up on it at the zetatalk website.

http://www.zetatalk.com/poleshft/p00.htm

ErikMouse wrote:
And while I am thinking about it, I wanted to also bring this up here. Sometime ago, I was reading a page on Bible Code that was http://exodus2006.com/3code.htm and it made me before scared because it was saying how asteroids and comets are going to hit the Earth in 2006-2007.

Staying on the subject of Art Bell, on that same July 2002 show where planet X was discussed, he took a call during the final hour of the show from a time travler who went to 2006 and said it would be a very bad year....

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2005, 11:45 pm

Bible Code! :lol: I'm Christian, but I think I might start calling it something else after having read topics aon religion. Honestly, the Christian/Catholic religion is so messed up right now, it's hard to find anyone who isn't an insane fanatic or a rambling hypocrite. This is going to be the end of me. Bible Code! :lol: WHY?! It seems the world's going to be gone before I graduate. Oh, well, according to the Bible, my mom is right, I'll never graduate! :lol:

ErikMouse, I hope you're not one of those people overly worried about the end of the world. That would suck.

Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Apr 2005, 9:26 pm

I hate this type of thing. I always seem to be finding out about stuff like this on message boards or wherever else in the spring by complete accident.

As for asteroids and comets, I read about a bunch of that last year and none of it ever happened. Made my life a living wreck for over a month. I don't want that to happen again. To this day I am still worring constantly and looking up the word "asteroid" on the Yahoo News search engine.

http://neo.jpl.nasa.gov/risk/

There is your asteroid possible impacts. I'd watch out in 2029 with 2004MN4. Its coming by really close. This data is pretty accurate and helpful to calm me down (or stir me up)

to Scoots: gotta love Art Bell. I remember listening to his show one night and he was talking to some guy who time travels with a bunch of people. He said "2010" is NOT the end but the USA is going to go to war with China and have to move the state capital to Denver because China is going to take over the eastern half of the country. The USA wins the war.

Art goes along with a lot of this stuff but it has been said that he doesn't believe a word of it, but just allows anyone to say what they want to say (like a message board or website)

Then we got Nostradamus who predicted a lot of stuff. He said 2004 would be the end. Its 2005.

George Noory however is apparently butt kisser who often believes a lot of what these people say.

I myself have accurately predicted a bunch of stuff. Anybody can say stuff like this and make up some research to back it up. Same type of thing really tured my life upside down last year and nothing ever happened.

I guess we should all relax and just sit here and wait and see. If it happens I guess thats it. But that is IF it happens.

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2005, 11:26 pm

10691047 wrote:
There is your asteroid possible impacts. I'd watch out in 2029 with 2004MN4. Its coming by really close. This data is pretty accurate and helpful to calm me down (or stir me up)

I remember in March 1998 when the world was a buzz about the discovery of earth orbit crossing asteroid 1997 XF11 that was was predicted to collide with earth in 2028. Doomsday scenarios were played out in the news and talks were of "planning now for the worst"

However, a few weeks later after they had gotten more data on the orbit of the asteroid, the computed that it would miss us by a few million miles.

10691047 wrote:
to Scoots: gotta love Art Bell.

I take I'm not the only night owl here who has had nothing to do during the overnight hours.

thechadmaster
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2005, 6:27 am

171NewYork wrote:
St. Malachy, a 10th-century Irish bishop, predicted one thing about every pope effective in 1143. He has never gone wrong. His predictions would make Benedict XVI the second-to-last pope, however. This means that the end of the Papacy could happen within my lifetime.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophesy_of_the_Popes

Interesting. I have heard that an asteroid was to hit earth in 2017, and in an unrerlated story, there would be one generation of Isrealites after the holy land was reclaimed for the Jews

one generation=70 years
1947- Israel formed
2017- 70 years later

171NewYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Apr 2005, 1:23 pm

But a generation is 25 years IMO, not 70, so the current generation of Isrealis is the 3rd.

P. S. Israel was created on May 15, 1948.

thechadmaster
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2005, 5:07 pm

171NewYork wrote:
But a generation is 25 years IMO, not 70, so the current generation of Isrealis is the 3rd.

P. S. Israel was created on May 15, 1948.

Im going on one lifetime avg. 70 years