Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Rudywalsh
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jul 2012, 2:22 pm

How does the spirit work in our body? How does it affect us?

After having a number of Out of Body Experiences throughout my life, I know we have a spirit.
Quantum physics also recognise the idea of a spirit, they call it "The Observer “.
We know as much as we can about the brain, but is there a navigator, another side to our mind we haven’t realized yet? If so, does it not put a cap on all we think we know about ourselves.
Scientist are the first to admit they don’t know how the mind really works.
Surely there is more to us than millions of neurons engaging in their environment.
I’m not a religious person; I had religion worked out from a very young age, no thank you.

When my mother was alive, we would sit and play cards, a game called trumps. On a number of occasions I would see in my mind what cards my mother had placed in her hands, and then tell her.
When I was about seven years old I screamed at my mother 23 whilst pointing at a row of birds sat on a telephone line. She managed to count the birds and sure enough there were 23. I hadn’t counted them beforehand. I would do this always with my mother present; it’s suppose to be a gift. I can still do this mind feat, but only if I’m quick enough before it becomes a thought (Guessing)
Friends have thrown dice or asked me how much money they are holding in their hands, once again, if my mind registers what is happening fast enough, it gives me the answer.

At the age of four I sat up in my bed and watched myself crawl to the end of the bed and just sit there. After a couple of minutes I crawled back over to myself and went back to sleep. I was in two different places at the same time, an Out of Body Experience.
Once again this has continued throughout my life.
I have seen Doctors over the years, all they do is pull back a chair and listen to one of my stories, then tell me of similar stories other people have told. So in other words they don’t have any answers.

I felt the moment my mother passed away from 300 miles away, I was 13 at the time.

In 1996, I was wondering around in circles one day thinking about my father whilst at work. I was clearly bothered.
Something I still do up to this day, whenever I become stressed I walk around in circles, sometime I might grind my teeth and keep repeating myself, whatever it is on my mind.
Anyway my friend saw what state I was in and asked me what was wrong, I told him that my father would be dead soon, he calmed me down and told me not to be foolish.
A week later my father had his one and only heart attack, it killed him.

How am I like some other autistic people able to know how many objects are in front of me without counting them first?
33 was the highest number of bird I saw on a telephone line with my mother without counting them.

How was I able to feel my mother pass away at 13 from 300 miles away, I felt it through my arms and chest and just knew my mother had died?

How was I able to tell someone that my father was going to die a week before it actually happened? A feat our brain can’t do, store information on events that haven’t happened yet.

My mind does other feats nobody can explain.

There is no scientific answers to all the above, living with aspergers as I do, if it were you, do you think you could work it out?

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2012, 5:17 pm

I do not think spirits or souls exist. I think we are really complicated chemical reactions - bags of chemicals. I could give plenty of scientific answers to all the things you posted, but I don't think you'd like me to. I respect your beliefs, but I do not share them.

CWA
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2012, 6:32 pm

Your subconcious is good at guessing algorhythms and communicating those guesses to your conscious mind. That's all. There is no soul or spirit.

Rudywalsh
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Jul 2012, 2:27 am

It must have been coincidence when my father died, even though I shared what I felt with others beforehand.

And the way my mind processes objects and numbers with a vision, doesn’t exist.
A shame Daniel Tammet and Kim Peek were not aware of that.

I have been able to tell the time on the hour without the aid of a time piece since I was 12 years old.
A feat I do every day of my life
Something only 150 people have been able to do. All autistic Savants or people with damage to the left hemisphere.

And what about Quantum Physics and (The Observer) I suppose they don’t know what they are talking about.

How we experience the world through the senses is all down to chemicals in the brain, I never looked at it that way before.

When I was 19 I knew one morning that someone was going to be hurt in my family. This bothered me so I told everyone I knew about how I felt. Later that evening a police man came to my house and informed me that my stepbrother who was only 3 at the time was crushed by a car, the car ran over him and left him for dead. At the time I lived in Bournemouth my stepbrother lived in Nottingham, 300 miles apart, another coincidence I guess.

Out of Body Experiences have been well documented for over 50 years. Unfortunately if you can’t see it then it doesn’t exist to most people, and why not, it’s only logic to believe in our own experiences.
Yet it still hasn’t stopped 2.1 billion people believe in something that doesn’t even make sense, Christianity, even Albert Einstein and Charles Darwin said that the bible was impossible.
When Albert Einstein stated we would be pure energy in the future when our mind evolves, he must have been talking about the water that surrounds our brain, hydro power.

Even Albert Einstein believed the power of our mind and that we do have a spirit.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 2:28 am

No

vanhalenkurtz
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 4:19 am

Souls, spirits, Santa & the tooth fairy, nope. Even if goblins existed, why would it be interesting. Dead people would have nothing new to say, they'd be even more boring than the living ones.

EQ: 6.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 4:31 am

(Thread moved from Autism discussion to PPR)

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 4:32 am

I don't think we have a spirit. Just that we're the only animal on the planet that knows it's going to die, which goes against our survival instinct and scares us, so we have a strong need to pretend that we will live after our bodies have died. We've got thousands of years of priests ranting at us that we have an immortal soul.......from childhood we get forced to repeatedly sing propaganda songs which say that we will go to heaven if we are good. Oh, and by the way, unless you believe all that without hard evidence, you won't make the grade.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 4:45 am

yes, but same as NT's, some are connected to spirit, and some are not

your experiences show a spiritual gift, it has been assigned to you, you may have earnt it, whatever, but I dont really know apart from the fact that you have it

'to he/she that has, more will be given'

tuffy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Jul 2012, 5:18 am

Too much spirit makes me drunk.

Burzum
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 5:20 am

Rudywalsh wrote:
Out of Body Experiences have been well documented for over 50 years. Unfortunately if you can’t see it then it doesn’t exist to most people, and why not, it’s only logic to believe in our own experiences.

I've experienced my dreams first hand, does that mean that they occurred in reality?

Declension
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 6:25 am

Rudywalsh wrote:
Do we have a spirit?

Rudywalsh wrote:
I know we have a spirit.

Well, that was quick. Show's over, folks!

Rudywalsh
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Jul 2012, 10:21 am

It’s hard to grasp a hold of somebody else’s experiences and then believe in them, especially something so controversial as knowing we have a spirit, friends and family are the ones who usually oblige, or other people with the same experiences.

Has anybody had an out of body experience on this site? If you have, do you then tell people you know we have a spirit, or settle with saying I believe we have one, two different notions altogether, knowing and belief.

So would you tell others of your experiences, or keep it to yourself in fear of coming up against people with their head trapped at the foot of the rabbit hole? A question for you Mr Auckland..

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 10:44 am

even if you had an experience, observer bias means you yourself cannot be sure it actually happened.
you cant even be sure anything of it happened, only that you think it did.

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

Rudywalsh
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Jul 2012, 10:48 am

If you had the same experiences for more thanr 40 years, then what?

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 10:56 am

you could have been having the same delusion for 40 years, something that by the very nature of delusions is actually probable, if the person having them indulges and accepts them.

again you seem to think the experiences in themselves count for something, observer bias tells us they dont, there is no way to verify anything off of experiences alone.

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.