Would you vote for Aspergers? (Read post first)

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Would you vote for a politician because they had Aspergers?
Yes 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
Yes 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
No 14%  14%  [ 6 ]
No 14%  14%  [ 6 ]
Not sure 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
Not sure 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
Only if your liberal 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
Only if your liberal 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
Only if your conservative 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Only if your conservative 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 42

pokeapoke
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Feb 2006, 5:41 pm

I've gotten excellent at debate. I tend to do the best when it comes to discussing an issue and convincing others of my beliefs. The fact that I obsess over politics may help me become a prominent politician.

Also

- People tend to enjoy listening to me debate on an issue, because I avoid being monotone, and come up with witty remarks pertaining to even some of the most serious topics.

Example - On discussion for a Nuclear Proliferations Treaty, I said "isn't this is the best birth control for nukes the U.N. could legally get?"

Also - I was the only one out of more than 150 people to find something illegal in a resolution that had almost unanimous approval.

So what I bring up is, would you vote for somebody because they had Aspergers?

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2006, 6:04 pm

Well, I wouldn't vote for a politician based soley on Aspieness... I might possibly think more favorably of them because of this, but if I disagreed with their policies then I wouldn't vote for them. Seriously though, it is not like I would know if a politician was an aspie though, a good politician would hide such a thing because aspieness might be seen as a mental disorder and bad because of that or aspie characteristics would be seen as odd and suppressed.

Last edited by Awesomelyglorious on 27 Feb 2006, 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2006, 6:31 pm

I doubt whether it would come up. The politician would have probably been taught how to hide it anyhow.

And no, it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference as to who I was going to vote for.

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2006, 11:49 pm

Yes. But i don't vote, so it is moot.

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2006, 6:16 pm

I'd only vote for a candidate with AS if s/he were sensible person whose viewpoints I agreed with, and if s/he sincerely promised to move the town/county/state/country/world in the right direction.

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2006, 12:02 pm

I vote for people I agree with end of.

medianmistermustard

01 Mar 2006, 2:58 pm

Yes, if only because AS and BS are somewhat incompatible. An AS politician, I thnk, would have more trouble lying (even if they still had just as much incentive) and this would make it easier to hold them to account. Unfortunately, this would make the general public less inclined to vote for them. People like to vote for candidates that tell them what they want to hear.

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2006, 4:49 pm

Would they tell us if they had Asperger's Syndrome?

Would it matter? To Me no.

Like Tequila said "I doubt whether it would come up. The politician would probably been taught how to hide it anyhow."