Page 27 of 105 [ 1680 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 105  Next

Grommit
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Feb 2015, 12:30 pm

And you are so right qfox

qFox wrote:
Does it matter if a god exist?

For me no, but it fascinates me still

Would you act any differently now if you knew either a god does or does not exist?

No I wouldn't act any other way

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2015, 1:40 pm

Grommit wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I like the 5th Dimension!

:D four spatial dimensions + space/time?

i'm almost positive that Kraftie is speaking about THIS...

FIFTH DIMENSION..

AND i for one write and CREATE in more than 4 dimensions

like this..

http://katiemiafrederick.com/2015/02/19/dance-of-the-magick-flute/

;)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2015, 3:05 pm

Yep...The Fifth Dimension!

They did "go where you wanna go," "Aquarius," and many other great hits!

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2015, 3:13 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

If enough people believe..

Almost anything is possible...

Even Aquarius...

Smiles..;) and wink..:)

i for one am already 'heAre' NOW. :)

Grommit
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Feb 2015, 7:36 am

aghogday wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Even Aquarius...

Lol

It isn't what your born with or what happens to you in life, it's the choices you make along the way that determine your ultimate destiny

Choice is power

There is a direct and undeniable link between how we think and feel

Our perceptions and expectations from the past cause us to see the world in a certain way, even if what we see only exists inside our mind.

Would it be OK with you if it turns out that you are more powerful than you suspect, more capable than you know and more creative than you have ever noticed.

Are you willing to be wrong ?

Paul McKenna Ph.D

I'm just trying to figure out what the right choices are. Lol

sophisticated
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Feb 2015, 9:16 am

Grommit wrote:
aghogday wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Even Aquarius...

Lol

It isn't what your born with or what happens to you in life, it's the choices you make along the way that determine your ultimate destiny

Choice is power

Our perceptions and expectations from the past cause us to see the world in a certain way, even if what we see only exists inside our mind.

Would it be OK with you if it turns out that you are more powerful than you suspect, more capable than you know and more creative than you have ever noticed.

Paul McKenna Ph.D

You have free-will. But this doesn't mean that bad actions have no consequences.

This life is your chance to prove that you don't abuse the free-will that you've been granted.

In the end, all the free-will abusers will be burnt in hell.

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2015, 9:50 am

sophisticated wrote:

And a blank look rarely means a blank mind.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2015, 11:05 am

Grommit wrote:

That's a very important question.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2015, 11:37 am

sophisticated wrote:
Grommit wrote:
aghogday wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Even Aquarius...

Lol

Choice is power

Paul McKenna Ph.D

You have free-will. But this doesn't mean that bad actions have no consequences.

This life is your chance to prove that you don't abuse the free-will that you've been granted.

HMM.. more about that Hell thingy...burning eternally in hell.. and all of that.... too... and a 'little' more about THAT...

Per the gnostic Gospels of Jesus, as reported by Thomas that supposedly are censored out of the New Testament by Emperor Constantine and early Roman Catholic Cohorts looking to expand their empire/congregation to their idea of world-wide conquest, at that time, with Constantine erecting a Sun GOD statue of himself riding on the COAT 'TALES' OF myth he and his Roman Catholic Cohorts created about Jesus being a soldier GOD to be worshipped as IDOL, the Gnostic Gospel of Jesus as reported by Thomas, per the so-called sacred text states that heaven is now.. so above.. so below all around us inside and out, and those WHO DO NOT FIND IT NOW WILL NEVER FIND IT AT ALL.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/thomas.htm

IT DOESN'T PROVIDE MANY DETAILS ABOUT THAT METAPHOR FOR HELL,

BUT TRUST ME IT EXISTS ON EARTH, FOR some FOLKS WHO DO NOT MASTER RELATIVE FREE WILL.

THE real Jesus, per Gnostic Christian texts is much closer to the so-called LUCIFER in that luciferian mythology THAN WHAT CONSTANTINE and all his cohorts, including all the truly anti-christ church ideology that makes Jesus into an idol to worship instead of humble YOGI LIKE teacher and counselor 'COME DOWN FROM THE MOUNTAIN'....for greater human potential in healing and living HEAVEN NOW.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luciferianism

ANTI-CHRIST HUMANS ARE AMUSING. MAKING A HUMBLE TEACHER AND COUNSELOR INTO A DEVIL OF AN IDOL TO WORSHIP THAT BREEDS HATE AND DISCONTENT, KILLING CRUSADES; ANTI-CHRIST HUMANS ATTEMPTING TO DOMINATE NATURE AKA GOD AND ABUSING OTHER SPECIES OF NATURE AKA GOD, WHO ARE ALSO CHILDREN OF GOD, NEVER CHERISHING NOW AND ONLY LOOKING FORWARD TO A MYTH OF DEATH INSTEAD OF LIFE.. Ugh! that's 'just' UCKY!

IF THAT AIN'T CRAZY NUThING AIN'T.

LUCIFER IS even MUCH smarter AND GOOD FEELING VIBES than THAT.. HE'S MORE LIKE LUCKY! or LUCY! of i love LUCY Lore...

It's all mythology as metaphor.

In FACT, ALL HUMAN ABSTRACT LANGUAGE IS METAPHOR OR IDOL FOR ESSENCE OF TRUTH.

TO WORSHIP HELL AS A METAPHOR OF ETERNAL MISERY, IS A STRANGE AND ILLOGICAL/FEELING WAY OF LIFE.

GOD IS SMARTER THAN THAT...

I MEAN..

DUH...

Death is here for a blessing..... not a punishment.

Perhaps one day YOU will find out that there are worse things in life than death.

I for one learn that lesson and give thanks to GOD both for birth and death, as heaven in now, is enough for me.

And hell in now, is enough to appreciate..

NOW AS GOD.

The answers lie within AS TRUTH FOR THOSE WHO LOOK WITHIN AND SEE GOD ABOVE SO BELOW AND ALL AROUND INSIDE AND OUT ALLASONE through GOD GIFTED INNATE INSTINCT AND INTUITION.. KINDA SOUNDS LIKE ALLAH HUH..;)

SEPARATION PER abstract myths that take folks away from the essence of Truth, are the ways of anti-christ, per the so-called real words of Jesus, in the gnostic texts, censored out to take the gift of power that GOD gives us AWAY, BY REPRESSING AND OPPRESSING HUMAN NATURE, AND SUBJUGATING HUMANS, PARTICULARLY REPRODUCTIVE FREEDOM, FOR MATERIALISTIC GAINS AND THE ILLUSION OF SELFISH GENE GAINS, THROUGH ILLUSORY FEARS LIKE THE RIDICULOUS HALLOWEEN II LIKE MYTH OF ETERNAL BURNING HELL, for psychopathic leaning folks, who ARE not nurtured in early life, socially abused later, or whatever, who do not grow a heart, soul, and spirit in empathic connection, filling hearts, souls, and spirits, with GIVING UNCONDITIONAL LOVE GOLDEN RULE STYLE, NEVER EVER NEEDING SELFISH POWER OR MATERIALISTIC GAINS TO FILL A BLACK HOLE HEART, SOUL, AND SPIRIT.

THE ESSENCE OF TRUTH IS IN human connection, including sensory and emotional connections to the rest of humans and all of MOTHER Nature TRUE aka GOD2.

THE POWER IS WITHIN, PRACTICED AND EXERCISED, above so below all around inside and out....

NOT IN IDOLS OR METAPHORS OF EMPTY SHELLS OF WORDS OR BIG BLACK BOOKS, ALONE....

ALLONE IS THE WAY TO GO..

IN 'just' MY OPINION, 'onLY' of course.....

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2015, 11:47 am

Grommit wrote:
aghogday wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Even Aquarius...

Lol

Choice is power

Paul McKenna Ph.D

LOL.. TOO... and i don't discount the potential that one day i may develop the ability through practice.. practice.. PRACTICE of EXERCISING GREATer FULLer human potential to literAlly walk on water, as I already 'float on land', which is kinda cooler anyway.. as gravity can be such a drag, when one works against it instead of with it on terrestrial earth sandy lands..:)

Just 'cause it ain't been done yet, don't mean it's not possible...;)

Time has proven THAT to me, time and time again, FOR NOW, in at least, my life for sure..:)

The word impossible does not exist in MY LIFE. :)..

At least.. IN the essence of IT AKA GOD.. FOR SURE...:)

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2015, 5:01 pm

AngelRho wrote:
Grommit wrote:

That's a very important question.

Indeed!

And a blank look rarely means a blank mind.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2015, 11:10 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Don't forget "Up, Up, and Away [in My Beautiful Balloon]"!

Or was that Sergio Mendes and the Brasil '66?
I get those two groups confused.

AlistairM
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Feb 2015, 11:56 pm

what does this "God" word even mean? what is truth? imo, humanity can't prove what itself even is much less what a "god" would be, we don't know what our own sentience is, we don't know what phenomenon are sentience exists in is, humanity will die with these questioned unanswered.

blunnet
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2015, 12:11 am

wow, 29 pages already!? TLTR.

AspieOtaku wrote:
Is there any proof that god exists?

1. There is no empirical evidence of God, an intelligent agent believed to be the creator of all has not been observed in the physical universe. That leads to another question, if an entity with similar descriptions of God is found, how can we be certain that it is not a highly evolved being rather than the creator of all? The standards to prove a creator should be extremely high.

2. Ontological arguments are called "proofs" but they are question-beggin.

Quote:
Why does he hide from humanity let alone not do anything about the horrible things going on in the world? If he did exist everything would be perfect and people wouldn't blow themselves up for false promises of 72 virgins in a make believe land known as heaven!

The problem of evil
Quote:
Either God wants to abolish evil and cannot,
or he can but does not want to,
or he cannot and does not want to,
or lastly he can and wants to.

If he wants to remove evil, and cannot,
he is not omnipotent;
If he can, but does not want to,
he is not benevolent;
If he neither can nor wants to,
he is neither omnipotent nor benevolent;
But if God can abolish evil and wants to,
how does evil exist?

Quote:
Why do religious believers scowl at science and religion? Is it because it goes against their beliefs even though most of their findings are facts?

Pretty much, cognitive dissonance.
wikipedia wrote:
In psychology, cognitive dissonance is the mental stress or discomfort experienced by an individual who holds two or more contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values at the same time, or is confronted by new information that conflicts with existing beliefs, ideas, or values.[1][2]

Leon Festinger's theory of cognitive dissonance focuses on how humans strive for internal consistency. When inconsistency (dissonance) is experienced, individuals tend to become psychologically uncomfortable and they are motivated to attempt to reduce this dissonance, as well as actively avoiding situations and information which are likely to increase it.

Quote:
I am pretty sure there is no proof a mythological being exists because its kinda hard to disprove something that doesn't exist in the first place so that loop hole has been corked right then and there!

well, can your prove Santa Claus? can you disprove Santa Claus, or Zeus or Apollo?

sophisticated
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Feb 2015, 12:18 am

Narrator wrote:
sophisticated wrote:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5iwOdOf4w[/youtube]

That's free-will for you.

If humans followed Gods laws, nobody would be killing each other, nobody would die of hunger, nobody would settle in a region prone to earthquakes.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2015, 2:28 am

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList