Page 1 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

socalaspie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Feb 2009, 2:59 am

Are there any persons on this forum who actually believe that Jewish people have a right to a nation they can call their own?

The French have France, Mexicans have Mexico, there are some 67 Islamic states, but Jews have one tiny country the size of Rhode Island, that most people do not even want them to have.

Am I all alone here?

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 3:21 am

socalaspie wrote:
Are there any persons on this forum who actually believe that Jewish people have a right to a nation they can call their own?

The French have France, Mexicans have Mexico, there are some 67 Islamic states, but Jews have one tiny country the size of Rhode Island, that most people do not even want them to have.

Am I all alone here?

Unfortunately, no. Perhaps when the Roma have their own country we can find means for every minority to have thei own country. The Kurds seem to be getting here.

nara44
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 5:16 am

Sand wrote:
socalaspie wrote:

Am I all alone here?

Unfortunately, no. Perhaps when the Roma have their own country we can find means for every minority to have thei own country. The Kurds seem to be getting here.

i was born in Israel and a find it bit offensive that ppl still think that my right to live here is a question of belief or requires a certain ideology.
do we need an ideology or special beliefs in order to support the right of brits to live in Britain ?
Jews were minorities everywhere but Israel where places still caries the Hebrew names from thou years ago

oomogi
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Feb 2009, 6:45 am

location,location, god dosnt care about the fate of nations. it cares about each soul, each souls journy home. this world is in slaved by prophasies written by dead men, and the thing im observing is that they are becomming self fullfilling. do people have the right to kill each outher for religion, ideoligy, land? its bin the way of things since time and space has bin recorded by people.i shape my own destiny on a daily basis, unrestrained by social, neurogical and physicle constraints. there are entities and individuals feeding off this conflict

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 2:39 pm

Zionist here.

I love the Palestinian, but hate the Palestinianing. It's too bombastic for my tastes.

Riverman1973
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Feb 2009, 3:55 pm

IMO 'zionists' can have their own country as long as they respect the other people living in that territory.

At this moment that is simply not the case: people basing themselves on biblical nonsense are possessing palestinian ground that isnt theirs, threating palestinians as second-hand citizens.

Get realistic please... When 'we' should agree that Israelis have the 'right' to posess a certain territory based on 2000 yo scriptures, shouldnt that simply mean that the american indians have the right to take back their grounds from their invaders?

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 3:59 pm

Pro-Israel here.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 4:07 pm

Riverman1973 wrote:
IMO 'zionists' can have their own country as long as they respect the other people living in that territory.

At this moment that is simply not the case: people basing themselves on biblical nonsense are possessing palestinian ground that isnt theirs, threating palestinians as second-hand citizens.

Get realistic please... When 'we' should agree that Israelis have the 'right' to posess a certain territory based on 2000 yo scriptures, shouldnt that simply mean that the american indians have the right to take back their grounds from their invaders?

When we remembered Zion topic

What kind of "nonsense" do the Palestinians use to justify that Israel is theirs?

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 4:52 pm

sartresue wrote:

What kind of "nonsense" do the Palestinians use to justify that Israel is theirs?

They used to live their 60 years ago before the UN and the Zionists booted them out. :lol:

history_of_psychiatry
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 7:10 pm

If the Mexicans have Mexico and the French have France than the Jews should call Israel Jewland.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 8:17 pm

history_of_psychiatry wrote:
If the Mexicans have Mexico and the French have France than the Jews should call Israel Jewland.

And thus, now America should be called "Heinz 57".

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 1:14 am

Anticipation.....

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 6:14 am

As I understand it before 1947 Palestinians and Jews living in Palestine got along fairly well. Then they were invaded by a bunch of non Palestine Jews that decided to return to their ancestral homeland and in doing so displaced a whole bunch of people that were already living there, Jews and Palestinians alike. Not only did they do this they then proceeded to moved beyond their UN mandated area.

What you are asking in effect is it ok for someone to lay ancient ancestral claim to my house, and force me to move. I think my answer will be the the same as yours in the same situation NO

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

TheKingsRaven
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Feb 2009, 7:31 am

A top down decision creating new countries in inhabited areas always causes problems, it did when the European Empires drew lines on a map, and it will do the same when the UN dose so, a brief glance at history will show that.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 10:38 am

Riverman1973 wrote:

Then why do Palestinians serve in all professional fields and in the highest levels of Israeli government, working peacefully among their Jewish counterparts?

Also, most Israeli Jews are secular and agnostic, and therefore don't believe that they're in the land because of God.
Rather, they accept the UN's decision which gave them that very tiny area of land in the Middle East on which to live.

nara44
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 12:48 pm

DentArthurDent wrote:
As I understand it before 1947 Palestinians and Jews living in Palestine got along fairly well. Then they were invaded by a bunch of non Palestine Jews that decided to return to their ancestral homeland and in doing so displaced a whole bunch of people that were already living there, Jews and Palestinians alike. Not only did they do this they then proceeded to moved beyond their UN mandated area.

What you are asking in effect is it ok for someone to lay ancient ancestral claim to my house, and force me to move. I think my answer will be the the same as yours in the same situation NO

the immigration of Jews to Israel displaced no one,
on the contrary,they created jobs and opportunities that resulted in well documented growth of the Arab population in Israel,
the displacement of ppl is the result of the Palestinians and the neighboring Arab nations rejection of the UN resolution and theire attempt to get rid of the jews altogether and claim the entire land for themself,mind u there wasn't any palestinean state or nationality at the time of the jews emigrating to Israel,
Israel was founded be a secular nationalistic movement who naturally didn't use the ancient rights clause but present an argument based on thousands years of cultural ties and continuous presence to a land that was at the time under no nationality or flag