Page 47 of 108 [ 1723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 108  Next

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2017, 1:00 pm

If it weren't for fake hate crimes made up by SJWs, there might be no hate crimes at all.

Ann Arbor woman pleads guilty to making up hate crime

ANN ARBOR, MI -- A 21-year-old Ann Arbor woman pleaded guilty as charged to one count of false report of a misdemeanor in 15th District Court on Monday, March 6.

Halley Bass admitted in court that she fabricated a story about a strange man scratching her face in downtown Ann Arbor on Nov. 15.

"I was suffering from depression at the time," Bass told Judge Elizabeth Pollard Hines. "I made a superficial scratch on my face. It was visible and I was embarrassed about what I'd done. So I made up a story and told a friend that a stranger had done it while I was walking. I was encouraged to report it to the police. I made the mistake of doing that."

At the time, Bass claimed her attack was part of the surge in hate crimes following the election of Donald Trump a week earlier. She told police she was targeted for wearing a solidarity pin connected to Great Britain's "Brexit" vote.

Bass admitted to scratching her own face with the pin after becoming upset during a Woman's Literature class at the University of Michigan, according to the Ann Arbor Police Department report.

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/ind ... lty_1.html

There Are Four Lights!

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2017, 4:47 pm

Darmok wrote:
If it weren't for fake hate crimes made up by SJWs, there might be no hate crimes at all.

ANN ARBOR, MI -- A 21-year-old Ann Arbor woman pleaded guilty as charged to one count of false report of a misdemeanor in 15th District Court on Monday, March 6.

Halley Bass admitted in court that she fabricated a story about a strange man scratching her face in downtown Ann Arbor on Nov. 15.

"I was suffering from depression at the time," Bass told Judge Elizabeth Pollard Hines. "I made a superficial scratch on my face. It was visible and I was embarrassed about what I'd done. So I made up a story and told a friend that a stranger had done it while I was walking. I was encouraged to report it to the police. I made the mistake of doing that."

At the time, Bass claimed her attack was part of the surge in hate crimes following the election of Donald Trump a week earlier. She told police she was targeted for wearing a solidarity pin connected to Great Britain's "Brexit" vote.

Bass admitted to scratching her own face with the pin after becoming upset during a Woman's Literature class at the University of Michigan, according to the Ann Arbor Police Department report.

What surge in hate crimes following the election of Donald Trump?

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2017, 5:12 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Darmok wrote:

What surge in hate crimes following the election of Donald Trump?

Why, the surge in leftist hate crimes directed at Trump supporters, of course! :D

There Are Four Lights!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2017, 7:00 pm

There has been a surge in anti-Semitic incidents since the election of Trump.

I can't say for sure that the election of Trump caused this----but this is occurring.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2017, 7:11 pm

Are SJWs anti-Semitic?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2017, 7:17 pm

Not by definition---but you never know.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2017, 7:24 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
There has been a surge in anti-Semitic incidents since the election of Trump.

I can't say for sure that the election of Trump caused this----but this is occurring.

That's what's being reported, at least, and the left-leaning media is very happy to blame it on Trump. There is always some anti-Semitism in society, but I haven't tried to find any reliable statistics that show whether there is a factual increase recently or not. (There certainly appears to be in Europe, correlated with the Islamic "invasion.")

On the other hand, two supposed incidents of anti-Semitism that got a lot of attention recently were:

(1) Supposed cemetery vandalism that police say was actually just neglect:
http://abc7ny.com/news/police-say-damag ... m/1785470/

(2) Bomb threats to several Jewish Centers, widely reported with insinuations that Trump's "climate of hate" was responsible, are now known to have been perpetrated by a far-left reporter/activist who was possibly trying to frame his ex-girlfriend:
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/g00 ... story.html

Some other cemetery incidents may be genuine anti-Semitism. On the other hand, if you follow cemetery news (which I actually do), cemetery vandalism is a routine crime all over the country and always has been. Knocking over headstones is something that teenage delinquents do, unfortunately.

There Are Four Lights!

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2017, 8:35 pm

Correlation does not imply causation. 

If an individual chooses to commit a crime it was the individuals choice.

SJWs do not believe in individual choice, either for themselves or for their enemies.

Ask an SJW why men are misogynist and they'll say it's because society made them, not because they chose to be misogynist. 

Ask an SJW why fewer women join STEM and they'll say it's because society dissuaded women from joining, not because they chose to enter other fields.

Saying society made me do it is the SJW Equivalent of saying the devil made me do it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2017, 8:41 pm

Trust me: I don't follow the line of reasoning many SJW's follow.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2017, 9:14 pm

Feminism used to be a force for good. So to was the civil rights movement.

It's a shame that SJWs Have ruined both feminism and the civil rights movement.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2017, 9:24 pm

Anyone heard about that Red Pill movie? I haven't seen it, but have heard it is worth watching.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2017, 9:33 pm

Here's a perfect example of SJWs-RUIN-EVERYTHING:

UC Berkeley, one of the world's top universities, had 20,000 hours of recorded lectures that it posted online, free to the public and anyone around the world. What a great thing! Even 20 years ago, no one could imagine that a person in India (say) would be able to listen to free lectures from famous scholars and scientists at a place like Berkeley.

Not so fast! Some SJW-minded people have sued Berkeley because the 20,000 hours of free educational resources are not all closed-captioned for deaf people.

Berkeley doesn't have the money to close-caption 20,000 hours of recordings, so to avoid the lawsuit ... they've had to take all the free educational material off line. No more free Berkeley lectures for you, poor student in South Africa, or India, or Mississippi.

http://www.gaypatriot.net/2017/03/08/th ... -things-2/

There Are Four Lights!

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2017, 11:18 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Correlation does not imply causation. 

If an individual chooses to commit a crime it was the individuals choice.

SJWs do not believe in individual choice, either for themselves or for their enemies.

Ask an SJW why men are misogynist and they'll say it's because society made them, not because they chose to be misogynist. 

Ask an SJW why fewer women join STEM and they'll say it's because society dissuaded women from joining, not because they chose to enter other fields.

Saying society made me do it is the SJW Equivalent of saying the devil made me do it.

Concerning females in STEM, it's true that females don't have as much of an interest in STEM fields as males....in the United States. This doesn't hold for the middle east and India, where most little girls will tell you they want to be an engineer or a doctor when they grow up. So there is likely social cultural components to what fields a person chooses to go into. Is there anything in American culture that disuades females from choosing STEM fields? That I couldn't say for certain as if there are, it was never anything I paid attention to, however that aside, STEM fields have a poor female retention rate. That is, about 40% of women who go into certain STEM fields, leave mid career. The reason many cite come down to lack of advancement opportunities....women seem to stall on the corporate ladder in middle management for some reason, and a male dominated culture that, while may not be overtly sexist to them, they feel is not entirely inclusive, and they grow tired of being the odd one out.

Of course the solution would be to stay, and be part of the change, I suppose.

Conversely, gender studies and subjects concerning social issues tend to have a deficit of males. That's unfortunate because such subjects apply to males as much as females.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2017, 8:18 am

Darmok wrote:
Here's a perfect example of SJWs-RUIN-EVERYTHING:

UC Berkeley, one of the world's top universities, had 20,000 hours of recorded lectures that it posted online, free to the public and anyone around the world. What a great thing! Even 20 years ago, no one could imagine that a person in India (say) would be able to listen to free lectures from famous scholars and scientists at a place like Berkeley.

Not so fast! Some SJW-minded people have sued Berkeley because the 20,000 hours of free educational resources are not all closed-captioned for deaf people.

Berkeley doesn't have the money to close-caption 20,000 hours of recordings, so to avoid the lawsuit ... they've had to take all the free educational material off line. No more free Berkeley lectures for you, poor student in South Africa, or India, or Mississippi.

http://www.gaypatriot.net/2017/03/08/th ... -things-2/
How typical of SJWs to put their own middle-class first world problems above people living in the third world.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2017, 8:19 am

Chronos wrote:
Conversely, gender studies and subjects concerning social issues tend to have a deficit of males. That's unfortunate because such subjects apply to males as much as females.
But being a male nursing student is more fun than being a male gender-studies student :)

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

09 Mar 2017, 8:53 am

Gender studies or any other type of '-studies' shouldn't even exist, subsidized Marxism and our government should not be providing loans which trap these people in debt for the rest of their lives for a useless degree. The problem is that there are simply too many people in college, more than half probably shouldn't be there and would be better off learning a trade of some sort.