Rep. John Lewis: Trump not "legitimate president"

Page 1 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 6:44 pm

Associated Press: Democratic Rep. Lewis: Trump not a 'legitimate president'

Quote:
"You know, I believe in forgiveness. I believe in trying to work with people. It will be hard. It's going to be very difficult. I don't see this president-elect as a legitimate president," Lewis said in an interview with NBC's "Meet the Press" that will air on Sunday.

"I think the Russians participated in helping this man get elected. And they helped destroy the candidacy of Hillary Clinton," Lewis said.

At least he's being honest.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 10:49 pm

When the electors cast their votes on 16 December, it's highly questionable as to whether they were influenced in any way by the DNC's published emails. It's believed FBI director James Comey caused significantly more damage. But really the reason why Clinton lost is because she was so sure Trump would lose, she didn't bother visiting key states and was lax other matters as well. The main message of her campaign was "I'm not Donald Trump" and "I'm a woman, I deserve to be the first woman president".

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 3:21 am

androbot01 wrote:
And they helped destroy the candidacy of Hillary Clinton," Lewis said.

Rep. Lewis's logic ...

1. The Russians exposed Clinton's crooked paper trail.
2. Therefore, Trump is not legitimate.
3. Because Clinton would of won had she been able to hide her crooked dealings.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 6:39 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
androbot01 wrote:

Rep. Lewis's logic ...

:lol: :lol:

Exactly! Trump didn't win in true American democracy style where the arms industry and major corporations along with their parrot media pick their candidate and the public do their bit. People are starting to see through the propaganda and now it's becoming more pathetic and hysterical after they lost. Clinton wasn't a legitimate candidate as her and the party stole the nomination from Bernie Sanders which should land a lot of people in prison.

Who cares what this puppet liar says in the OP.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 6:40 am

Lewis I'm referring to.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 7:25 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
androbot01 wrote:

Rep. Lewis's logic ...

So in other words, this proves that Vladimir Putin is an ally of the United States :P

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 8:18 am

Trump wrote:
Congressman John Lewis should spend more time on fixing and helping his district, which is in horrible shape and falling apart (not to......mention crime infested) rather than falsely complaining about the election results. All talk, talk, talk - no action or results. Sad!

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 9:59 am

Trump wrote haha, like he's a member :P

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

14 Jan 2017, 10:09 am

John Lewis has been living off a reputation he built for himself over 50 years ago in the 60s, what he actually done for his constituents who now poorer and crime ridden than when he took office? I am sure he would be deeply offended if anybody questioned the legitimacy of his congressional seat.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 11:12 am

Question: Is John Lewis legitimate?

Here's a tweet from President-Elect Trump:

"Congressman John Lewis should spend more time on fixing and helping his district, which is in horrible shape and falling apart (not to mention crime infested) rather than falsely complaining about the election results. All talk, talk, talk - no action or results. Sad," Trump tweeted Saturday, which happened to fall on the weekend of the Martin Luther King Jr. federal holiday."

Trump rips 'all talk,' 'no action' civil rights icon Lewis

Oh, about the news link I shared? It's from CNN, recently called out as a Fake News network by Trump, so you're welcome to question the legitimacy of CNN as well if you like. :P

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

14 Jan 2017, 2:55 pm

the_phoenix wrote:

Not only is it legitimate, it's the greatest worker-owned top-end large retail co-operative partnership around!

Alternatively: why is Trump attacking the Archdeacon of Cheltenham?

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 3:09 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
the_phoenix wrote:

Not only is it legitimate, it's the greatest worker-owned top-end large retail co-operative partnership around!

Lol I wonder how many across the pond get that joke. It would be funny if a Peter Jones commented.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 3:15 pm

non sequitur

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 4:01 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
the_phoenix wrote:

I bet there'll be an anti-Trump advert this Christmas.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 6:13 pm

John Lewis has got a point, but a huge political faction doubting the legitimacy of the President is likely to destabilize this country's politics.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 6:42 pm

beneficii wrote:
John Lewis has got a point, but a huge political faction doubting the legitimacy of the President is likely to destabilize this country's politics.

No he hasn't. That's the puppet's intention.