Rep. John Lewis: Trump not "legitimate president"

Page 3 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 1:23 pm

EzraS wrote:
What I'm noticing is apparently it's okay for a congressman to trash the president. But if the president points out flaws he sees in the congressman, that's just awful. Especially if that congressman was a civil rights activist and it's MLK weekend. That automatically makes it racist.

The thing is when someone trashes Trump, he has the right to respond. The leftists aren't calling Lewis or Streep immature for what they said about Trump. Yet when he's responds likewise, oh well that's inexcusable. Typical double standards.

I think most just don't like the fact that Trump can and will zap them back immediately if he wants. Obama made a sarcastic remark about dealing with people face to face instead of using Twitter. But none of these people say these things to Trump's face. And can you imagine how the leftists would react if Trump did start confronting people face to face?

EzraS wrote:
...I think leftists want to insist he's all kinds of awful for responding to his critics in hopes of suppressing him. But that's not going to happen. Given Trump's pattern, it almost seems like Lewis timed his comments, so that he the hero champion of civil rights back in the 60's, would get a response from Trump on MLK weekend. Oh how could he to such a hero at such a time boo hoo.

EzraS wrote:
Personally I find the whole thing quite entertaining. His tweets, people's reactions to his tweets, reactions to his election, the whole whole thing.

QFT I TOTALLY agree!!

I also find it entertaining----I sit and make retorts to whomever's on TV, say "HA!" and stuff, and LOL!!

Dox47 wrote:
Trump won a change election by not being like the other candidates, why would he change a strategy that's worked for him so far?

EXACTLY!! I'm thinking MANY people find him refreshing, that he speaks his mind and tweets----no one ever has to wonder what he's thinking!! I wonder how that's gonna work, though, after Friday----if they'll let him to continue to tweet?