Page 2 of 214 [ 3415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 214  Next

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2017, 5:08 am

I see Trump claimes the media is lying about how many people came to see the inauguration. Do you Trump supporters believe that he is right about this?

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2017, 6:17 am

Shahunshah wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Datalis wrote:
redrobin62 wrote:
And I say NT's need to stop trespassing where they don't belong - Wrong Planet.

Angela deserves a warm welcome here, especially considering how many immature and rude users we have here. ^^

Why thank you, Mr. Datalis. It's always nice to know that I'm wanted here, being that I'm a non-aspie and all. That was a kind thing to say. :mrgreen:
What made you interested in Wrong Planet then. I'm just curious.

It's a long story that started about 4 yrs ago and told in detail as my first post on Aspies Central under the username "Grumpy Cat".

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2017, 6:53 am

nurseangela wrote:
Datalis wrote:
redrobin62 wrote:

Angela deserves a warm welcome here, especially considering how many immature and rude users we have here. ^^

Why thank you, Mr. Datalis. It's always nice to know that I'm wanted here, being that I'm a non-aspie and all. That was a kind thing to say. :mrgreen:

These bloomin non-aspies, coming here, posting on our boards, having opinions and stuff.

:shameonyou:

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2017, 8:04 am

Darmok wrote:
I find this delightfully amusing: "Man wearing a Make America Great Again hat picking up trash after the women's march in Washington, D.C.":

https://twitter.com/calebecarma/status/ ... 5132947456

(Don't know if you can embed tweets as you can on some sites.)

Leftovers:

Yeah that mess looks more like a New Year's Eve celebration, rather than anything to be taken seriously. If leftists protestors want to be taken seriously, they might want to try acting with some dignity for a change.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2017, 8:07 am

nurseangela wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Datalis wrote:
redrobin62 wrote:

It's a long story that started about 4 yrs ago and told in detail as my first post on Aspies Central under the username "Grumpy Cat".

You were supposed to say it was because I post here.

rats_and_cats
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2017, 10:16 am

Datalis wrote:
rats_and_cats wrote:
I voted for him because I thought he'd have a clue about how to fix the economy and also because I live somewhere that has been having problems with illegal immigrants, but I didn't expect him to cut funding for arts programs. I probably have my priorities all wrong, but I care more about art, science, and education than women's, LGBT, disabled, etc. rights. Those are important, but they're not something I feel should be actively fought for because they're already won. The attitudes toward some of those groups is a different story, but systemic oppression ended decades ago.

So anyway, it's an unpleasant shock to see that he's axing art programs, when it's such a tiny part of the national budget. It's like he has a vendetta against them.

I'm also worried about the idea of cutting the EPA altogether. The regulations we have now are hurting a lot of smaller businesses, but we do need some regulations or we'll end up causing our own extinction.

Those are legitimate concerns and well thought out. I'm sure everything will be fine. I have a feeling we're going to have a more scaled down EPA-like organization, or some other federal department will take care of minor regulations. The EPA is just so big and has so many over-regulations, Trump probably thinks it's just easier to start from the ground up.

I hope so. I may write a letter to my state representative about my concerns about the art programs. Also, I wrote one instead of won. Oops.

rats_and_cats
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2017, 10:19 am

Darmok wrote:
I find this delightfully amusing: "Man wearing a Make America Great Again hat picking up trash after the women's march in Washington, D.C.":

Leftovers:

I thought the majority of these people were also environmentalists. Or is it only climate change they care about and not littering?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

22 Jan 2017, 10:58 am

They like to roleplay as 60s radicals, they like the aesthetics of it but aren't exactly deep thinkers. The selfie generation. All about them, all about their identity, all the time. Left wing media and academia is brainwashing these kids, Cultural Marxism is a very real thing and is essentially what SJWs believe in.

How many of these women would of been out there protesting serial rapist Bill Clinton returning to the white house? How many of them spoke up at all about Clinton's conduct towards women? I don't think too many.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2017, 11:24 am

adifferentname wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Datalis wrote:
redrobin62 wrote:

These bloomin non-aspies, coming here, posting on our boards, having opinions and stuff.

Are you a brother Aspie?

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2017, 12:19 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
adifferentname wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Datalis wrote:
redrobin62 wrote:

Are you a brother Aspie?

Perhaps I'm missing a pop-culture reference or something, but...

Come again?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2017, 3:50 pm

adifferentname wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
adifferentname wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Datalis wrote:
redrobin62 wrote:

Are you a brother Aspie?

Perhaps I'm missing a pop-culture reference or something, but...

Come again?

Do you have Asperger's, or some other form of autism?

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2017, 4:25 pm

EzraS wrote:
Darmok wrote:

Leftovers:

Yeah that mess looks more like a New Year's Eve celebration, rather than anything to be taken seriously. If leftists protestors want to be taken seriously, they might want to try acting with some dignity for a change.

Emblematic:

I guess the old courtesy of "pack out your trash" was lost on some people. Maybe they could organize another march next week to clean up after the first one.

There Are Four Lights!

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2017, 5:07 pm

Darmok wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Darmok wrote:

Leftovers:

Emblematic:

I guess the old courtesy of "pack out your trash" was lost on some people. Maybe they could organize another march next week to clean up after the first one.

I'm sure they will leave the mess (AGAIN) for the city to clean up. :roll:

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2017, 5:18 pm

EzraS wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Datalis wrote:
redrobin62 wrote:

You were supposed to say it was because I post here.

I really don't know where my mind was.....I post here because Ezra post here. Duh. :mrgreen:

Darn, I flunked.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2017, 5:29 pm

<--- Disappointed by all the littering. Hangs his head in shame. :oops:

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2017, 5:37 pm

rats_and_cats wrote:
Datalis wrote:
rats_and_cats wrote:
I voted for him because I thought he'd have a clue about how to fix the economy and also because I live somewhere that has been having problems with illegal immigrants, but I didn't expect him to cut funding for arts programs. I probably have my priorities all wrong, but I care more about art, science, and education than women's, LGBT, disabled, etc. rights. Those are important, but they're not something I feel should be actively fought for because they're already won. The attitudes toward some of those groups is a different story, but systemic oppression ended decades ago.

So anyway, it's an unpleasant shock to see that he's axing art programs, when it's such a tiny part of the national budget. It's like he has a vendetta against them.

I'm also worried about the idea of cutting the EPA altogether. The regulations we have now are hurting a lot of smaller businesses, but we do need some regulations or we'll end up causing our own extinction.

Those are legitimate concerns and well thought out. I'm sure everything will be fine. I have a feeling we're going to have a more scaled down EPA-like organization, or some other federal department will take care of minor regulations. The EPA is just so big and has so many over-regulations, Trump probably thinks it's just easier to start from the ground up.

I hope so. I may write a letter to my state representative about my concerns about the art programs. Also, I wrote one instead of won. Oops.

TRump may be the president, but it doesn't mean I HAVE TO LIKE IT! :evil: And before anyone says anything, I despised Hillary just as much as TRump. I was for Bernie until I discovered how much of a damned liar he was also.

As for the elimination of the NEA, it's about high time. Any government agency that supported the like of Robert Mapplethorpe (the so-called artist that gave us the Piss Christ) needs to be eliminated.