Page 207 of 214 [ 3415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210 ... 214  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 5:16 pm

the joke is on the working class that voted for him.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 6:54 am

Actual bits of paper with 'thoughts & prayers' on for the Florida victims

8O 8O 8O

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 12:36 pm

auntblabby wrote:

Writing more editorials to help coastal voters understand the problems of Trump voters won't help. Trump voters need to understand the problems of Trump voters.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 9:37 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Writing more editorials to help coastal voters understand the problems of Trump voters won't help. Trump voters need to understand the problems of Trump voters.

Trump appears to be taking care of his voters

-Huge gains in stock market
-Huge increases in military spending
-Obamacare mandate gone (no longer do people have to pay out $640 or 2% of their income)
-Appeasing religious groups more than any other president in my life
-Tax cuts (most in my family are saving $1,800 - $5,000/yr on this)
-Low unemployment
-Fighting for his wall and to curtail immigration
-Fighting for an "America first" NAFTA policy
-Proposed cutting food stamps (welfare)

What isn't Trump doing for his base?

Polls show Trump is rating high in "job approval"
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6182.html

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 10:06 am

...Economic and stock market gains early in a President's term are generally.built upon what happened in the previous Prez's administration - True of Democrats also.

"]

jrjones9933 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

-Obamacare mandate gone (no longer do people have to pay out $640 or 2% of their income)
-Low unemployment

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6182.html[/quote]

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 10:19 am

...How are members of Trumo' s base benefited by welfare/food stamps being cut? Especially since many of them.recevetgem themselves :twisted: ...
You do realize, don't you, that to " Appease " a group is generally defined as giving them things that they don't deserve - don't you??????? :roll:
Obama-haters went on and on about how much golf he played - How much has Trump played in his year-plus? Including IIRC this last weekend, with nothing tweeted about the Florida school shootings. He still manages, more than a year later, to go on and on about Hillary - who there's been no indictment of! :x He demands that his AG break the rules of recursing himself - But, since the AG serves at the President's pleasure, he could fire him easily but hasn't! Gosh, I wonder why? :wink:
He keeps profiting from his resort and hotel stuff, instead of putting them in a blind trust. He played " Let's settle " regarding his affairs and that Trump University boondoggle.
Obama-haters accuse him.of " tearing the country apart ". And Trump, in super-catering to his base only, is not????????? :(

...WNotHatHow is"]

jrjones9933 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

-Low unemployment

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6182.html[/quote]

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 1:59 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...Economic and stock market gains early in a President's term are generally.built upon what happened in the previous Prez's administration - True of Democrats also.

Maybe ... however.... Trump has added lots of enthusiasm for profits ...

-Trump ended numerous business regulations.
-Trump cut the corporate tax rate.
-Trump cut the repatriation tax rate for overseas money.
-Trump cut individual tax rates.
-Trump changed corporate taxes from international-based system to a territorial-based system.
-Trump is going bonkers on spending (maybe 1 Trillion dollar deficits).

Also, the cyrpto-currencies (Bitcoin et. al.) have taken off under Trump.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 3:15 pm

I don't even have words for how ignorant one must be to credit government, much less a president, for the economic success of crypto currency. It's completely de-coupled from the U.S. economy, save for exchange rates & pending regulation.

Crypto is not 'under' anyone, that's the whole point.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 4:36 pm

cberg wrote:
I don't even have words for how ignorant one must be to credit government, much less a president, for the economic success of crypto currency. It's completely de-coupled from the U.S. economy, save for exchange rates & pending regulation.

Crypto is not 'under' anyone, that's the whole point.

The hundreds of billions of dollars of new crypto wealth is sloshing around in the economy.

People are benefiting directly and indirectly from that "wealth".

That makes people happier about Trump's economy.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 7:44 pm

No one person owns the economy, especially not the 'trustless' crypto economy. :roll:

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 2:38 am

Gates flipped. Let's see if Manafort had blind faith in a serial cheater.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2018, 8:07 pm

Not the biggest fan of him currently as I feared his true Democratiness is coming out

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2018, 8:18 pm

sly279 wrote:
Not the biggest fan of him currently as I feared his true Democratiness is coming out

Yep. Trump is just as warlike and corporate as Obama was.

Is that what you are referring to?

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2018, 3:22 pm

Obama, two years ago during Trump's campaign:

During a PBS town hall that aired Wednesday, Obama referenced Trump's promise to bring back jobs to the United States when talking about manufacturing.

“Well, how exactly are you going to do that? What exactly are you going to do? There’s no answer to it," Obama said. "He just says, 'Well, I’m going to negotiate a better deal.' Well, what, how exactly are you going to negotiate that? What magic wand do you have? And usually the answer is, he doesn’t have an answer.”

Headlines today:

Manufacturing in U.S. Expands at Fastest Pace Since May 2004

U.S. factories expanded in February at the fastest rate since May 2004, indicating sustained strength in manufacturing as demand remains solid, figures from the Institute for Supply Management showed Thursday.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... e-may-2004

There Are Four Lights!

aikoinazuma
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Mar 2018, 1:02 pm

A lot of people don't care for Trump and his political beliefs. I don't like them myself but I've seen and dealt with much worse in my life. What is funny to me is how sheeplike people are around him, both his supporters and his opponents. Personally, I see Trump as a sissy. I don't think he's a very strong president; he's also just as cliched as the previous ones. He sure isn't very bright as far as politics go and I can't take him seriously as a businessman either. But, then again, the public voted for him so that says a lot about the voters if you ask me! :ninja:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2018, 9:38 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
sly279 wrote:

Yep. Trump is just as warlike and corporate as Obama was.

Is that what you are referring to?

We're living in an obscured single-party state. Republicans criticize Hillary over wars & encourage other wars. I just want any random hippie for prez.