Should we worry about racism towards white people?

Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

The_Blonde_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Nov 2015
Gender: Female
Posts: 839
Location: Puerto Rico

Yesterday, 7:25 pm

I can understand why a lot of liberal media may be painting whites as these nefarious, and cultish people, as they are genuinely real problems with them. And I can also understand why many people of color may feel disenfranchised with them as well, for they have suffered because of them as well.

However, I feel that the media is also forgetting to have a healthy reminder that not all whites are evil; it's just not a realistic to brand whites as being suseptable towards racist ideaology.

And whith this I make my main point: what if, in a distant future, we will live in a society where white (caucasian) americans are demonized because of their racist ancestors?

Is that the liberal definition of freedom?

Is this truly about liberating people of color from a racist ideology, or merely a predictable case of jealousy wherein the people of color simply long for positions of power within society by victimizing themselves and, in turn, help themselves feel superior to the whites?

Is that what this is all about when comes to "anti-racism"? Power?


_________________
Quote:
Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today

-Thomas Jefferson


DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,216
Location: Cosmic Horror Story

Yesterday, 7:47 pm

The_Blonde_Alien wrote:
I can understand why a lot of liberal media may be painting whites as these nefarious, and cultish people, as they are genuinely real problems with them. And I can also understand why many people of color may feel disenfranchised with them as well, for they have suffered because of them as well.

However, I feel that the media is also forgetting to have a healthy reminder that not all whites are evil; it's just not a realistic to brand whites as being suseptable towards racist ideaology.


Does the media really do this? I rarely see people on TV make these sorts of sweeping generalisations about people of European descent.

Quote:
And whith this I make my main point: what if, in a distant future, we will live in a society where white (caucasian) americans are demonized because of their racist ancestors?


This is highly unlikely, given that most Americans are white and most Americans who hold the reins of power are also white.

Quote:
Is that the liberal definition of freedom?


No. What you are describing is left-wing extremism, not liberalism.

Quote:
Is this truly about liberating people of color from a racist ideology, or merely a predictable case of jealousy wherein the people of color simply long for positions of power within society by victimizing themselves and, in turn, help themselves feel superior to the whites?


Liberalism is about liberating people from all forms of oppression.

The people who seriously want to be superior to whites usually hate interracial people, Jews and gays. They have more in common with the right than with the left.

Quote:
Is that what this is all about when comes to "anti-racism"? Power?


No. There are plenty of people who actually recognise racial equality.

Most liberals already oppose violent anti-white racism. That's why Malik Zulu Shabazz is banned from entering Canada.

Of course, we need to know the difference between an empty threat and actual violence. When black supremacists spew absurd crap on the internet, we should just laugh at them ... unless they start engaging in actual violence.


_________________
Synthetic carbo-polymers got em through man. They got em through mouse. They got through, and we're gonna get out.
-Roostre

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/


Embla
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 4 Oct 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 454
Location: Denmark

Today, 6:59 am

I think this is a similar reasoning as with the feminist movement. Some people seem to believe that it's about giving women all the power and murdering all men, when in fact it's just about equality. It's hard to forget that when the people who gets heard in the debate are the ones with the loudest and most extreme views. It's the same case with the racism-issue. It's not about taking down the white people, it's about bringing everyone else up to the same level. There's room for both.
A few crazy extremists does not speak for everyone, and it's very unfortunate those are the people who takes up the most room. The media always makes it seem like the whole world is on fire, because the most interesting stories are the ones that get published. In reality, the vast majority of people are moderate, and humanity is doing quite well.



Daniel89
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 368
Location: England

Today, 7:11 am

Racism towards whites is socially acceptable countless time we see a non white person say something racist about whites and keep their jobs where as if it was the other way around they would have been fired or even arrested. You say "not all white people are evil" implying that the majority are or somehow whites are more evil than other races.



The_Blonde_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Nov 2015
Gender: Female
Posts: 839
Location: Puerto Rico

Today, 7:36 am

Daniel89 wrote:
Racism towards whites is socially acceptable countless time we see a non white person say something racist about whites and keep their jobs where as if it was the other way around they would have been fired or even arrested. You say "not all white people are evil" implying that the majority are or somehow whites are more evil than other races.


Well there is this: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 0359384477


_________________
Quote:
Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today

-Thomas Jefferson


Embla
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 4 Oct 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 454
Location: Denmark

Today, 7:40 am

Daniel89 wrote:
Racism towards whites is socially acceptable countless time we see a non white person say something racist about whites and keep their jobs where as if it was the other way around they would have been fired or even arrested. You say "not all white people are evil" implying that the majority are or somehow whites are more evil than other races.


I disagree. The "not all white people" is the same as "not all men". We know that. We all know that most people are decent human beings, but the reason the focus lies on racism towards people of colour, or sexism towards women, is because the problem is so much bigger on that side. It is absolutely possible for a brown person to discriminate against a white person, and for a woman to rape a man, and of course those things are problematic too, but it's not as big as systematic oppression against a whole group of people. A black guy in America is subjected to racism pretty much every day, while a white guy may be subjected to it once a year - if even that. And that's just on a personal level, things like name calling. The white guy has little risk of being discriminated against in the workplace, wrongfully arrested or denied a bank loan because of his race, but the black guy can almost expect it.
Racism should be unacceptable on all sides, but racism towards whites is not the problem right now.
Sorry to sound like a b***h now, but us white people should just suck it up until systematic oppression is out of the way. Then we can be allowed to start complaining.



Daniel89
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 368
Location: England

Today, 7:42 am

The_Blonde_Alien wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
Racism towards whites is socially acceptable countless time we see a non white person say something racist about whites and keep their jobs where as if it was the other way around they would have been fired or even arrested. You say "not all white people are evil" implying that the majority are or somehow whites are more evil than other races.


Well there is this: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 0359384477


And? You found a video of a racist white person so all white people are bad?



Daniel89
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 368
Location: England

Today, 7:48 am

Embla wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
Racism towards whites is socially acceptable countless time we see a non white person say something racist about whites and keep their jobs where as if it was the other way around they would have been fired or even arrested. You say "not all white people are evil" implying that the majority are or somehow whites are more evil than other races.


I disagree. The "not all white people" is the same as "not all men". We know that. We all know that most people are decent human beings, but the reason the focus lies on racism towards people of colour, or sexism towards women, is because the problem is so much bigger on that side. It is absolutely possible for a brown person to discriminate against a white person, and for a woman to rape a man, and of course those things are problematic too, but it's not as big as systematic oppression against a whole group of people. A black guy in America is subjected to racism pretty much every day, while a white guy may be subjected to it once a year - if even that. And that's just on a personal level, things like name calling. The white guy has little risk of being discriminated against in the workplace, wrongfully arrested or denied a bank loan because of his race, but the black guy can almost expect it.
Racism should be unacceptable on all sides, but racism towards whites is not the problem right now.
Sorry to sound like a b***h now, but us white people should just suck it up until systematic oppression is out of the way. Then we can be allowed to start complaining.


I'm not American so don't know to much about that stuff but don't you think when the media is racist towards whites its just going lead more white people to become racist to non whites? Here in the UK the working class has been systematically oppressed for centuries and now our politicians are importing millions of people who compete with the native population for Jobs, housing and public services. The Labour party which used to be a party of the working class is now openly discriminating against working class white men.



Embla
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 4 Oct 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 454
Location: Denmark

Today, 9:43 am

Daniel89 wrote:
Embla wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
Racism towards whites is socially acceptable countless time we see a non white person say something racist about whites and keep their jobs where as if it was the other way around they would have been fired or even arrested. You say "not all white people are evil" implying that the majority are or somehow whites are more evil than other races.


I disagree. The "not all white people" is the same as "not all men". We know that. We all know that most people are decent human beings, but the reason the focus lies on racism towards people of colour, or sexism towards women, is because the problem is so much bigger on that side. It is absolutely possible for a brown person to discriminate against a white person, and for a woman to rape a man, and of course those things are problematic too, but it's not as big as systematic oppression against a whole group of people. A black guy in America is subjected to racism pretty much every day, while a white guy may be subjected to it once a year - if even that. And that's just on a personal level, things like name calling. The white guy has little risk of being discriminated against in the workplace, wrongfully arrested or denied a bank loan because of his race, but the black guy can almost expect it.
Racism should be unacceptable on all sides, but racism towards whites is not the problem right now.
Sorry to sound like a b***h now, but us white people should just suck it up until systematic oppression is out of the way. Then we can be allowed to start complaining.


I'm not American so don't know to much about that stuff but don't you think when the media is racist towards whites its just going lead more white people to become racist to non whites? Here in the UK the working class has been systematically oppressed for centuries and now our politicians are importing millions of people who compete with the native population for Jobs, housing and public services. The Labour party which used to be a party of the working class is now openly discriminating against working class white men.


Absolutely. The way the media portrays the world is how we perceive it. Right now people are extremely divided in so many political issues, especially on race and immigration. The media knows that stuff sells, and they're feeding the fire. Like making it seem like there are millions of immigrants coming to the UK, when in fact:
Quote:
An estimated 230,000 citizens from other EU countries immigrated to the UK in the year to June 2017 – following the EU referendum – and about 123,000 emigrated abroad. So EU ‘net migration’ was around 107,000.


I remember a news story blowing up, not too long ago, about a black woman working in a fast food restaurant who had referred to a customer as "that white boy over there". That guy got so offended (probably more about being called "boy" than "white") that he shared the story on facebook and it eventually got so big it ended up in the media. What people took away from that story was that black people are racist too. No one seemed to care about the fact that the customer got an apology from the manager and the woman was fired.
It shows how a tiny incident can get really big, really fast, and feed people's opinions on a matter they probably wouldn't even have cared about if it wasn't for the fact that the media keep on telling us that we should.



Daniel89
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 368
Location: England

Today, 10:13 am

Millions of people are coming into the UK the population born overseas is about 13% just because millions are not coming annually does not mean its not millions.



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,519
Location: Queens, NYC

Today, 10:37 am

I don't really notice all that much "racism" against white people, per se.

There might be ethnic prejudice against certain ethnic groups, or certain religions.

Why do certain "white people" consider "whiteness" to be akin to an ethnicity or a religion, anyway?

I identify more as Jewish and being a New Yorker much more than I identify as "white."



Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Jan 2017
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Posts: 993
Location: Sweden

Today, 10:42 am

It seems very clear to me, that the one thing all these "anti-racists" and feminists succeed in, is dividing people even further, they create more racism and more sexism.

It's especially young working class white men, who's being continuously neglected and stigmatized at the moment, and if this keeps on going... like we already see now, they're going to become increasingly nihilistic, and they're not gonna respond at all to finger pointing.



Daniel89
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 368
Location: England

Today, 10:43 am

I think that's more of an American thing because ethnic minorities have a group identity so some white people may seek an ethnic identity also.



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,519
Location: Queens, NYC

Today, 10:47 am

There is no "white" ethnicity.

I feel that "affirmative action," sometimes, denies a "white" candidate opportunities. I believe that's a valid point. It can make somebody feel discriminated against.

But it still doesn't mean that "white people" have to "defend themselves" against a "systemic" racism.



Last edited by kraftiekortie on 20 Feb 2018, 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Daniel89
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 368
Location: England

Today, 10:55 am

I agree I find it weird Americans don't consider Mexicans white. The idea that you have two identical olive skinned people from the Med but one is Greek so is considered white and one is Turkish so not considered white is a bit silly.