Page 1 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2017, 8:18 pm

TL;DR - I think SJWs are emotionally fragile and emotional strain is why SJWs act the way they do and defines them in many ways. Mockery has been correctly identified as the most effective way to combat them, but I wonder if there is a better, more peaceful way to deal with them?

-----

I somewhat recently was made aware of the concept of emotional labour through a thread in the women's forum here. It should be easy to find if you're interested as I just bumped it earlier today. Which funnily enough the source of that was a feminist website, complete with posters who think the patriarchy is a real thing and such, talking about emotional labour. But emotional labour itself is a very real thing. Using your muscles eventually tires you out, using your mind eventually tires you out and going through emotion, even positive emotion, eventually tires you out if strong enough and prolonged enough.

Here we have something to do with SJWs and Emotional Labour:

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/scripps ... nal-labor/

This is probably my third lightbulb moment with regard to emotional labour. The first was my initial introduction to it and how it made so many things make sense. The second was today when I posted in the thread about why the sociopath usually beats the empath. So here's the third, the connection between SJWs and emotional labour.

SJWs are often overemotional and / or emotionally fragile creatures. This is their weakness. They can be tenacious and determined in the other two areas, and are opportunistic and ruthlessly exploit any weakness. But they crumble under emotional strain. Mockery has been correctly identified as the best weapon to combat the SJW, it hits them where it hurts the most. It may even be more effective than physical violence in some cases. What hurts more, physical blows or seeing something you care deeply about viciously mocked and torn apart and seen as a complete irrelevance when you're an emotionally fragile person?

SJWs are emotionally fragile. We throw the phrase "Feels before reals" at SJWs and their ideology for a good reason. They are obsessed with empathy. Obsessed with safe spaces to protect themselves from emotional strain. Obsessed with clustering into supportive collectives to prop themselves up emotionally. Just look at that godawful cult-like chant they do:

First instance at 0:56. "We must love each other and protect each other." and later "we must support each other."

Isn't that unusual? I can't recall such words or similar ever being spoken in a chant or suchlike. It's just a given that you're on the same side normally. That it is explicitly chanted as a mantra shows the importance of it to the SJWs and their need for it. The more I think about it, the more I think they need it like a junkie needs their next fix. Look at the spectacular, never seen the like of (at least I haven't) way SJWs react when they get "triggered", when they come up against resistance and don't get their way, they throw child-like, explosive, emotionally-charged tantrums. They are intolerant, unstable, have no patience for and attack anything that doesn't conform to their view of what the World should be, because they can't deal with it emotionally. They lash out at anything which hurts their feelings. Feels before reals.

And yet, while SJWs and their ideology must be staunchly resisted, the idea of crushing emotionally fragile people is very unappealing to me. I would liken it to beating up a weakling, or dominating a slow witted person mentally and manipulating them like a puppet. Though it might be necessary, at least in the short term, as nothing else really works and they are hostile to us and show no mercy to their enemies. They have no qualms about crushing people and destroying lives. If anything, they enjoy it.

But is there a better way to do it? Would freeing the SJW of their emotional fragility make them stop being an SJW, or simply make them stronger having removed this weakness? I don't know the answer to that question. If you're emotionally fragile, that doesn't mean you will be an SJW. But is it an essential part of being an SJW? I have not seen an SJW that hasn't been this way to some extent, which is why I wonder do you get rid of the SJW when you get rid of their emotional issues?

The SJWs of course have their own ideas of how they want the World to be to cure them of their ills, and this of course is an extremely destructive road for the rest of us, and even for them in the long run. If we were to all just give way to them, they'll end up proverbially eating each other. We can't pander to the SJW, but is there a way to make them simply cease to care about and be troubled by the things that trouble them, and live like the rest of us?

So yeah. A bit rambly, sorry about that. I would like to hear any thoughts you have on the things I have said. Emotional labour is still a fairly new concept to me, but I am learning more and more as time goes on.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2017, 8:36 pm

That's some pretty creepy cult indoctrination going on in that video. It is obviously being coordinated by a national organization, since they are using the same chants and phrases at different locations across the country.

There Are Four Lights!

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2017, 8:40 pm

10 weeks of mandatory BCT with the armed forces after graduating (or failing) High School, with the option to sign up for AIT for those who decide a career in the military might suit them, for all young men and women deemed mentally and physically able.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2017, 7:47 am

Darmok wrote:
That's some pretty creepy cult indoctrination going on in that video. It is obviously being coordinated by a national organization, since they are using the same chants and phrases at different locations across the country.

The creepiest part is their dead eyes. Look into the eyes of anyone but the chant leader.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2017, 7:50 am

adifferentname wrote:
10 weeks of mandatory BCT with the armed forces after graduating (or failing) High School, with the option to sign up for AIT for those who decide a career in the military might suit them, for all young men and women deemed mentally and physically able.

Well, you'd better hope it worked, last thing we need are army trained as well as emotionally stable SJWs. :o

You've made me think of that video with Francesca Ramsey doing the SJW boot camp. :P

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2017, 8:27 am

They seem to fuel on having a cause or some other big thing to fight against. I would say give them something new to fight against.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2017, 1:37 pm

smudge wrote:
They seem to fuel on having a cause or some other big thing to fight against. I would say give them something new to fight against.

But what? People try all the time to redirect them towards real issues, but it doesn't work. Even when it's a direct comparison to whatever petty thing they're bitching about with something far worse of the same kind of thing.

Bustduster
Toucan
Toucan

13 Mar 2017, 1:42 pm

There's nothing wrong with fighting for justice in society. I agree there's a degree of group thinking in that video clip, but no more so than you'd find at any football match. Anyone who thinks that people who can actually be arsed to CARE about things in this increasingly detached. self-obsessed world are the enemy has their priorities seriously out of whack.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2017, 2:37 pm

Drake wrote:
smudge wrote:

But what? People try all the time to redirect them towards real issues, but it doesn't work. Even when it's a direct comparison to whatever petty thing they're bitching about with something far worse of the same kind of thing.

I guess then the person trying to redirect them would have to be sneaky; join in the group, agree with everything the group says and does first, and slowly manipulate them into their new direction of thinking as a leader.

It's really hard to get people to change their minds and think for themselves, without being very manipulative. Peoples' natural reaction is to follow the group no matter what, unless they've been through a bad enough time to question their own existence. I don't think anyone can just be taught to question things without the groups' acceptance.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2017, 2:59 pm

I guess it comes down to how much people owe each other in terms of caring. The "SJW" wants the world to change to suit their preferred experience. On the other side is "survival of the fittest," that is, who ever is stronger sets the norm.

We already have compromise in terms of law and courts, but SJWs want to take it further.

I think it is ridiculous to demand others to alter their behaviour to suit the preferences of others. People often are respectful and courteous to each other, but it's not a crime not to be. With regard to "tirggers," it's unfortunate that some have experienced things which have left them scarred, but you can't change the world. The onus is on the person who is damaged to compensate rather than on others to alter reality.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2017, 5:27 pm

Bustduster wrote:
There's nothing wrong with fighting for justice in society. I agree there's a degree of group thinking in that video clip, but no more so than you'd find at any football match. Anyone who thinks that people who can actually be arsed to CARE about things in this increasingly detached. self-obsessed world are the enemy has their priorities seriously out of whack.

That's not the defining charactristic that makes an SJW an SJW though. What seperates the SJW from the regressive is the actively seeking to take punitive action on their enemies. And if someone is coming after you, then they're your enemy, whether you like it or not.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2017, 7:11 pm

Bustduster wrote:

Can you imagine what a stadium full of football fans would look like were they to turn their collective attention to righting a perceived wrong? There's a reason for the expression "the road to Hell is paved with good intentions".

If I want justice I'll take my grievance to those who are experienced in its dispensation rather than to a mass of twenty-somethings chanting like glassy-eyed cultists, if it's all the same to you. I don't believe these people understand the subjects, of which they speak so fervently, to an extent that meets anything close to an acceptable standard. They're potentially dangerous, to both themselves and others, and they've collectively concluded that it's acceptable to discriminate and vilify based on sex and race, as long as the target is male and white.

Sure, I'm always willing to give people's intentions the benefit of the doubt, but no matter how virtuous they believe themselves to be, I'm not about to blindly take my place in the line against the wall.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2017, 7:21 pm

It seems SJWs can find something offensive in anything.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2017, 7:52 pm

BettaPonic wrote:

They've discovered that there's an infinite amount of offence to be taken, no matter how finite the supply.

If only we could apply the same principle to food and energy.

(Actually, as anyone who understands economics will tell you, all they're doing is devaluing their currency, but I'm not about to let that ruin the analogy)

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2017, 8:12 pm

adifferentname wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:

They've discovered that there's an infinite amount of offence to be taken, no matter how finite the supply.

(Actually, as anyone who understands economics will tell you, all they're doing is devaluing their currency, but I'm not about to let that ruin the analogy)

The SJW movement has makes me not take something being called racist or sexist seriously.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2017, 9:12 pm

BettaPonic wrote:
adifferentname wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:

The SJW movement has makes me not take something being called racist or sexist seriously.

Case in point.